Norris Butterfly Valve Features Positive Shutoff —Literature Available
Designed specifically to handle hydrocarbons, c o r r o s i v e media, and other difficult applications, the Norris M285 Series butterfly valve is a long-life, positive-shutoff valve that meets ANSI B16.5 Code for pressure and temperature ratings of Class 150 flanges.
An O-ring, set in a specially designed disc groove (patent applied for), seals against the fieldreplaceable metal liner. The bidirectional disc O-ring groove assures positive shutoff in both directions. Shaft O-ring seals and metal liner keep the body dry.
Separate body O-ring flange seals eliminate the need for flange gaskets, and can be replaced in minutes without dismantling the valve.
An almost endless combination of disc, liner and O-ring seal materials is possible to control even the most destructive flowstream.
Norris valves with stainless steel, Inconel, Hastelloy, titanium, Monel, zirconium, or aluminum bronze disc and liner; Viton®, Kalrez®, buna N, EPDM, or neoprene seals solve difficult valving problems in the chemical processing industry — without repairs — over long periods of service time. The limited amount of elastomeric material that is in contact with the flowstream makes M285 valves ideal for handling volatile materials such as gasoline, jet fuel, and solvents which tend to dry elastomers.
The flow area is equal on both sides of the through-shaft and angled disc. According to the manufacturer, there is less turbulence and reduced fluid dynamic torque than in "high-performance" butterfly valves with offset discs.
Rated at 285 psi w.p. with reserve strength to handle sudden differential pressure surges, the Norris M285 butterfly valve is available in sizes 2y2 through 36 inches, single flange lug and wafer styles, with a choice of manual or automated operators.
For free literature or additional information, write to Mrs. Pat Dillard, Dept. MR, Dover Corporation/ Norris Division, P.O. Box 1739, Tulsa, Okla. 74101.
Other stories from October 15, 1980 issue
- Promet Awarded Contract For Jackup Drill Rig By Saudi Arabian Owner page: 4
- Expansion At Conrad Industries Triples Barge Production Capacity page: 6
- RSV Group Reorganized— M i d l a n d Marine Will Now Represent Verolme In U.S. page: 7
- Kockums Christens Two Chemical Tankers For Swedish Owner page: 10
- Skinner Named Board Chairman Of National Waterways Conference page: 10
- Surge In Requests For ABS Classification Reported At Mid-Year page: 10
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 14
- Misener Reaches Milestone With Delivery Of 'El Coqui7 page: 36
- Shearson Seeks Title XI On $17.5-Million Order For 65 Hopper Barges page: 38
- Dean Willard Named President Of Products Research & Chemical page: 38
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers M/V Boone To Cincinnati Gas And Electric page: 41
- Keel-Laying At NASSCO Held For Third Union Oil Product Carrier page: 41
- New Weather Satellite Unit Introduced By GPI —Literature Available page: 46
- J.B. Travis & Company Named Gulf Sales Rep For Adrick Cooling page: 46
- NABRICO Delivers Two Asphalt Barges To National Marine Service page: 48
- Updated Marine Survey Practice Compendium Now Available page: 48
- Zidell Repairing Three Coast Guard Vessels At Total Cost Of $1 Million page: 53
- Norris Butterfly Valve Features Positive Shutoff —Literature Available page: 55
- The Sea-Shed System page: 56
- First American Asks Title XI On Two Bulk/Containerships page: 58
- Marine Efficiency Opens New Seattle Office To Serve Fishing Industry page: 58
- J.C. Kiersted Appointed Public Relations Manager For Texaco U.S.A. page: 59
- Marland Acquires Allied Water page: 61
- Combination Aluminum Seiner Delivered By Progressive Marine page: 63
- Grain Transfer Facility Hull Launched At Bergeron Yard page: 63
- Joe Christopher Joins Schnitzer-Levin Marine As Engineering Manager page: 64
- New Small Probes Expand Use Of Thickness G a g e - Literature Available page: 64
- $14-Million Scrapping Facility To Be Built In Netherlands Antilles page: 64
- Jackup Rig For Marine Drilling Commissioned At Beth-Beaumont page: 66
- MacGregor Will Provide Two Service Stations In People's Republic page: 70
- H.Z. Shelton Appointed Vice President-Finance For Sun Ship, Inc. page: 71
- Marinette Marine Awarded Contract For 10 YRBM (L) Vessels page: 71
- Savage Named General Manager-Port Sales For NY&NJ Port Authority page: 71
- A.I. Levy Named Chairman, J.J. Alcina President Of Arthur Levy Enterprises page: 72
- New Instrument Monitors Chlorine Residuals- Literature Available page: 72
- Gulf Fleet Marine Announces Four Staff Appointments page: 73
- Sino-American Maritime Accord Announced By Commerce Department page: 74