Marinette Marine Awarded Contract For 10 YRBM (L) Vessels
Marinette Marine Corporation (Marinette, Wis.) has been awarded a contract by the Naval Sea Systems Command for the construction of 10 Large Yard Repair Berthing and Messing Vessels.
The YRBM (L) vessels have a 146-foot overall length, 46-foot beam, and a 688 long ton displacement.
A total of 201 enlisted men, 26 officers, and 30 chief petty officers will be accommodated within the vessel. Additional features to crew facilities include recreation rooms, machine shop areas, galley, and instructional classrooms.
The vessels are being built under a multiyear procurement, with the first vessel scheduled for delivery 23 months after the date of contract. Value of the 10 vessel contract is in excess of $68,- 000,000.
Marinette Marine previously had been awarded a contract for six YRBM (L) vessels in 1979 from the Naval Sea Systems Command.
Delivery of the first and second unit of this contract is scheduled for December 1980.
Marinette Marine Corporation is a major supplier of custom engineered vessels for ocean and inland marine service.
Other stories from October 15, 1980 issue
- Promet Awarded Contract For Jackup Drill Rig By Saudi Arabian Owner page: 4
- Expansion At Conrad Industries Triples Barge Production Capacity page: 6
- RSV Group Reorganized— M i d l a n d Marine Will Now Represent Verolme In U.S. page: 7
- Kockums Christens Two Chemical Tankers For Swedish Owner page: 10
- Skinner Named Board Chairman Of National Waterways Conference page: 10
- Surge In Requests For ABS Classification Reported At Mid-Year page: 10
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 14
- Misener Reaches Milestone With Delivery Of 'El Coqui7 page: 36
- Shearson Seeks Title XI On $17.5-Million Order For 65 Hopper Barges page: 38
- Dean Willard Named President Of Products Research & Chemical page: 38
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers M/V Boone To Cincinnati Gas And Electric page: 41
- Keel-Laying At NASSCO Held For Third Union Oil Product Carrier page: 41
- New Weather Satellite Unit Introduced By GPI —Literature Available page: 46
- J.B. Travis & Company Named Gulf Sales Rep For Adrick Cooling page: 46
- NABRICO Delivers Two Asphalt Barges To National Marine Service page: 48
- Updated Marine Survey Practice Compendium Now Available page: 48
- Zidell Repairing Three Coast Guard Vessels At Total Cost Of $1 Million page: 53
- Norris Butterfly Valve Features Positive Shutoff —Literature Available page: 55
- The Sea-Shed System page: 56
- First American Asks Title XI On Two Bulk/Containerships page: 58
- Marine Efficiency Opens New Seattle Office To Serve Fishing Industry page: 58
- J.C. Kiersted Appointed Public Relations Manager For Texaco U.S.A. page: 59
- Marland Acquires Allied Water page: 61
- Combination Aluminum Seiner Delivered By Progressive Marine page: 63
- Grain Transfer Facility Hull Launched At Bergeron Yard page: 63
- Joe Christopher Joins Schnitzer-Levin Marine As Engineering Manager page: 64
- New Small Probes Expand Use Of Thickness G a g e - Literature Available page: 64
- $14-Million Scrapping Facility To Be Built In Netherlands Antilles page: 64
- Jackup Rig For Marine Drilling Commissioned At Beth-Beaumont page: 66
- MacGregor Will Provide Two Service Stations In People's Republic page: 70
- H.Z. Shelton Appointed Vice President-Finance For Sun Ship, Inc. page: 71
- Marinette Marine Awarded Contract For 10 YRBM (L) Vessels page: 71
- Savage Named General Manager-Port Sales For NY&NJ Port Authority page: 71
- A.I. Levy Named Chairman, J.J. Alcina President Of Arthur Levy Enterprises page: 72
- New Instrument Monitors Chlorine Residuals- Literature Available page: 72
- Gulf Fleet Marine Announces Four Staff Appointments page: 73
- Sino-American Maritime Accord Announced By Commerce Department page: 74