Updated Marine Survey Practice Compendium Now Available
Richard A. Cadv has prepared a new comprehensive reference and guide for marine surveyors, owner's representatives, ship repairers, underwriters, admiralty attorneys and others concerned with marine damage and condition surveys of seagoing vessels, barges, tugs, yachts, dredges, offshore structures and marine fixed shoreside installations.
The new compendium is a consolidation, revision and updating of previous work by Mr. Cady.
It reflects a concerted effort to depict current costs of the industry.
Seventy-seven survey examples of preliminary field surveys, final damage survey reports, and condition survey reports are offered, which d e l i n e a t e various survey formats encountered in the USA and abroad.
Particulars offered include marine i n s u r a n c e terms, various causes of damage, survey procedures for both damage and condition surveys, arrangements for salvage, and unusual circumstances pertaining to oil pollution, tenders for repairs, wreck removal, repair cost evaluation, etc. Details provided relating to ship repair cost evaluation include facets of competitive bids, time and material cost, negotiated cost, overtime charges, drydocking tariffs and useful tables indicating man-hours and unit cost for steelwork renewals.
The compendium has been contrived and arranged with a view to depicting actual expressions and terminology of the marine industry and providing ready reference to facilitate expedient review of procedures and circumstances possibly applicable to a particular type survey.
For further information on the 1981 Marine Survey Practice Compendium, write Dept. MR, Marine Survey Press, P.O. Box 9307, Mobile, Ala. 36691, $54 per copy postpaid.
Other stories from October 15, 1980 issue
- Promet Awarded Contract For Jackup Drill Rig By Saudi Arabian Owner page: 4
- Expansion At Conrad Industries Triples Barge Production Capacity page: 6
- RSV Group Reorganized— M i d l a n d Marine Will Now Represent Verolme In U.S. page: 7
- Kockums Christens Two Chemical Tankers For Swedish Owner page: 10
- Skinner Named Board Chairman Of National Waterways Conference page: 10
- Surge In Requests For ABS Classification Reported At Mid-Year page: 10
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 14
- Misener Reaches Milestone With Delivery Of 'El Coqui7 page: 36
- Shearson Seeks Title XI On $17.5-Million Order For 65 Hopper Barges page: 38
- Dean Willard Named President Of Products Research & Chemical page: 38
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers M/V Boone To Cincinnati Gas And Electric page: 41
- Keel-Laying At NASSCO Held For Third Union Oil Product Carrier page: 41
- New Weather Satellite Unit Introduced By GPI —Literature Available page: 46
- J.B. Travis & Company Named Gulf Sales Rep For Adrick Cooling page: 46
- NABRICO Delivers Two Asphalt Barges To National Marine Service page: 48
- Updated Marine Survey Practice Compendium Now Available page: 48
- Zidell Repairing Three Coast Guard Vessels At Total Cost Of $1 Million page: 53
- Norris Butterfly Valve Features Positive Shutoff —Literature Available page: 55
- The Sea-Shed System page: 56
- First American Asks Title XI On Two Bulk/Containerships page: 58
- Marine Efficiency Opens New Seattle Office To Serve Fishing Industry page: 58
- J.C. Kiersted Appointed Public Relations Manager For Texaco U.S.A. page: 59
- Marland Acquires Allied Water page: 61
- Combination Aluminum Seiner Delivered By Progressive Marine page: 63
- Grain Transfer Facility Hull Launched At Bergeron Yard page: 63
- Joe Christopher Joins Schnitzer-Levin Marine As Engineering Manager page: 64
- New Small Probes Expand Use Of Thickness G a g e - Literature Available page: 64
- $14-Million Scrapping Facility To Be Built In Netherlands Antilles page: 64
- Jackup Rig For Marine Drilling Commissioned At Beth-Beaumont page: 66
- MacGregor Will Provide Two Service Stations In People's Republic page: 70
- H.Z. Shelton Appointed Vice President-Finance For Sun Ship, Inc. page: 71
- Marinette Marine Awarded Contract For 10 YRBM (L) Vessels page: 71
- Savage Named General Manager-Port Sales For NY&NJ Port Authority page: 71
- A.I. Levy Named Chairman, J.J. Alcina President Of Arthur Levy Enterprises page: 72
- New Instrument Monitors Chlorine Residuals- Literature Available page: 72
- Gulf Fleet Marine Announces Four Staff Appointments page: 73
- Sino-American Maritime Accord Announced By Commerce Department page: 74