New Small Probes Expand Use Of Thickness G a g e - Literature Available
Krautkramer-Branson has expanded the capability of its DM2 ultrasonic thickness gage with a selection of new, small probes.
The DM2 is already well-known for its reliability in measuring wall thickness on corroded or eroded pipes and vessels, its penetrating power in castings, and its stable thickness readings at high temperatures. Four new 14- inch probes now extend application of the DM2 to include measurement of wall t h i c k n e s s on small-diameter tubing and studded boiler tubes, as well as other limited-access inspections.
The new additions to the DM2 system include fingertip as well as extended housing designs. The KB-550-FH is a fingertip probe for ambient-temperature testing on rough and uneven surfaces over a wall-thickness range of 0.05 to 2.0 inches. Similar specifications are offered by the KB- 550-BTH, except that its extended housing provides easier access to obstructed test surfaces such as studded boiler tubes.
The KB-560-FL is a fingertip probe for use on clean, very smooth surfaces such as new fabrications.
Thickness range is 0.06 to 2.0 inches. Identical performance is offered by the KB-560- BTL, except that its extended housing can reach limited access surfaces.
A removable bell housing is available for use with all the new small probes, for testing on surfaces where access is not limited.
For free literature or more information on the DM2, write to George Quinn, Dept. MR, Krautkramer- Branson, Inc., 250 Long Beach Boulevard, Stratford, Conn.
Other stories from October 15, 1980 issue
- Promet Awarded Contract For Jackup Drill Rig By Saudi Arabian Owner page: 4
- Expansion At Conrad Industries Triples Barge Production Capacity page: 6
- RSV Group Reorganized— M i d l a n d Marine Will Now Represent Verolme In U.S. page: 7
- Kockums Christens Two Chemical Tankers For Swedish Owner page: 10
- Skinner Named Board Chairman Of National Waterways Conference page: 10
- Surge In Requests For ABS Classification Reported At Mid-Year page: 10
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 14
- Misener Reaches Milestone With Delivery Of 'El Coqui7 page: 36
- Shearson Seeks Title XI On $17.5-Million Order For 65 Hopper Barges page: 38
- Dean Willard Named President Of Products Research & Chemical page: 38
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers M/V Boone To Cincinnati Gas And Electric page: 41
- Keel-Laying At NASSCO Held For Third Union Oil Product Carrier page: 41
- New Weather Satellite Unit Introduced By GPI —Literature Available page: 46
- J.B. Travis & Company Named Gulf Sales Rep For Adrick Cooling page: 46
- NABRICO Delivers Two Asphalt Barges To National Marine Service page: 48
- Updated Marine Survey Practice Compendium Now Available page: 48
- Zidell Repairing Three Coast Guard Vessels At Total Cost Of $1 Million page: 53
- Norris Butterfly Valve Features Positive Shutoff —Literature Available page: 55
- The Sea-Shed System page: 56
- First American Asks Title XI On Two Bulk/Containerships page: 58
- Marine Efficiency Opens New Seattle Office To Serve Fishing Industry page: 58
- J.C. Kiersted Appointed Public Relations Manager For Texaco U.S.A. page: 59
- Marland Acquires Allied Water page: 61
- Combination Aluminum Seiner Delivered By Progressive Marine page: 63
- Grain Transfer Facility Hull Launched At Bergeron Yard page: 63
- Joe Christopher Joins Schnitzer-Levin Marine As Engineering Manager page: 64
- New Small Probes Expand Use Of Thickness G a g e - Literature Available page: 64
- $14-Million Scrapping Facility To Be Built In Netherlands Antilles page: 64
- Jackup Rig For Marine Drilling Commissioned At Beth-Beaumont page: 66
- MacGregor Will Provide Two Service Stations In People's Republic page: 70
- H.Z. Shelton Appointed Vice President-Finance For Sun Ship, Inc. page: 71
- Marinette Marine Awarded Contract For 10 YRBM (L) Vessels page: 71
- Savage Named General Manager-Port Sales For NY&NJ Port Authority page: 71
- A.I. Levy Named Chairman, J.J. Alcina President Of Arthur Levy Enterprises page: 72
- New Instrument Monitors Chlorine Residuals- Literature Available page: 72
- Gulf Fleet Marine Announces Four Staff Appointments page: 73
- Sino-American Maritime Accord Announced By Commerce Department page: 74