B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N.
American M.A.N. Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Augsburg, West Germany, has acquired B&W Diesel Inc., New York, a wholly-owned subsidiary of B&W Diesel A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark.
The acquisition consolidates and strengthens the marketing, sales and service of M.A.N.—B&W Diesel in the United States.-M.A.N.— B&W Diesel was formed in 1981, after Burmeister & Wain was acquired by M.A.N.
Claus Windelev, formerly president of B&W Diesel, Inc., has been appointed executive vice president of American M.A.N.
Corporation and will be responsible for its Diesel Group.
M.A.N.—B&W produces medium and slow-speed diesel engines for marine propulsion, power generation and industrial applications in Augsburg, West Germany, and Copenhagen, Holeby and Frederikshavn, Denmark. The engines cover a wide power range from 500 to 56,160 bhp.
American M.A.N. Corporation has offices in New York, San Francisco, Houston and Miami. In addition to diesel engines, American M.A.N. Corporation markets large steam turbine generators, steel foundations, axial, centrifugal and screw compressors, materials handling equipment, specialized equipment for coal and oil gasification, chemical waste destruction, and waste heat boilers.
Also, M.A.N, high-speed diesel engines from 50 to 700 hp and M.A.N.-SWF hoists are distributed through dealers and OEMs.
Other stories from October 1983 issue
- Jeffboat Building Three Title XI Approved Cruise Vessels Worth $28-Million page: 4
- Tacoma Boat Completes $143-Million Financing To Build Two Thai Corvettes page: 5
- Blue Star Line To Add Four New Reefer Ships page: 5
- Centrico Forms New Mineral Oil Group Headed By Lohmeyer page: 5
- Joint Venture Receives Title XI For $109-Million Chemical Carrier page: 6
- COMSAT World Systems Division Announces Three Vice Presidential Changes page: 7
- National Steel Receives $13-Million Order To Overhaul The U.S.S. Cayuga page: 7
- Title XI Approved On $24-Million Package For Puget Sound Tug & Barge page: 8
- Lamberts Point Barge Title XI Approved For $20-Million Coal Barge page: 8
- E U R O P O R T ' 83 page: 8
- MARCO Pacific Shipbuilding Formed In Taiwan page: 9
- St. Louis Ship Delivers 6,000-HP Towing/Supply Boat To Gulf Fleet Marine page: 10
- Construction Of Two RAN Minehunters Progressing At Carrington Slipways page: 12
- FISH EXPO '33 page: 14
- Marine Coating Directory Is Offered By Farboil page: 19
- Radm. Meyer Receives New Assignment page: 20
- B&W Diesel Acquired By American M.A.N. page: 21
- Emergency Medical Course Offered By Marine Safety page: 21
- National Marine Opens New Facility In Norfolk page: 22
- $19.9-Million Contract Awarded Tracor By Navy page: 22
- Icebreaking Supply Vessel M/V Miscaroo Delivered By Vancouver Shipyards page: 22
- Apelco Relocates To Tampa, Names Vourloumis New Marketing Manager page: 23
- Hydranautics Shiplift Commissioned At Hyundai page: 23
- Terry To Manufacture And Sell AEG-Kanis Steam Turbines In North America —Literature Available page: 24
- High-Speed Supermaran Ferry Marine Hawk Enters Service page: 24
- M/V GRAND REPUBLIC page: 26
- NATO FRIGATES Current Situation And Future Design Trends page: 26
- Harris Awarded $12-Million WATERCOM Telephone Contract page: 32
- Environmental Systems Changes Name To Electrolux Envirovac page: 32
- Soviet Merchant Fleet Now 'Blankets The Globe' page: 33
- Drilling Rig Dry Transport Cuts 11,000-Mile Sailing Time In Half page: 34
- Notional Supply Advances Ayers To Product Manager page: 34
- Wijsmuller's First 'Mighty Servant' Heavy-Lift Carrier Is Commissioned page: 36
- Nichols Brothers Launches M/V Tiny page: 36
- CDI Marine Announces Management Reorganization page: 38
- Daewoo Delivers $74-Million Offshore Rig page: 39
- Change In Personnel Licensing Regulations For Commercial Ships Sought By U.S. Coast Guard page: 40
- Moss Point Marine Delivers 'Nicor Power' To Nicor Marine page: 40
- Marathon Oilfield Service Offers Color Brochure On Rigs And Resources page: 41
- Bath Iron Appoints Four New Directors page: 41
- Hitachi Announces Top Management Appointments page: 42
- Burrard Yarrows Delivers Icebreaker/Utility Vessels To Gulf Canada Resources page: 42
- NKK To Build Mobile Drilling Island For Beaufort Sea Project page: 42
- Peterson Builders Offers 56-page Review Of 50 Years Of Boatbuilding History page: 43
- Tenneco In Joint Venture To Operate Its Own Service Boats In Gulf page: 43
- McDermott Derrick Barge 27 Upgraded to 2,400-Ton Lift page: 47
- USCG Gentian Recommissioned After $8.3-Million Renovation page: 47
- Navidyne And Medical Advisory Systems Provide Free Introductory Medical Service page: 47
- Twin City Shipyard Delivers Split Hull Barges To Panama page: 49
- Wartsila AB Delivers LPG/Ammonia Tanker To Maraven In Venezuela page: 49
- Daewoo Employs Unique Floating Drydock And Ship Transfer System page: 49
- Blount Marine Delivers Star of Chicago To Star Line Corporation page: 53
- 380-Foot Drillship To Be Auctioned In Singapore page: 54
- General Dynamics Building Cargo Transfer Platform Barge With National Jacking System page: 54
- Nashville Bridge Delivers Pair of Utility Barges To Piling-Structures Inc. page: 58