Danos & Curole Christen Jackup Barge Alyce Danos
Christening ceremonies were held recently for the Alyce Danos, a class 130 jackup barge that will service the entire Gulf of Mexico coast.
The Alyce Danos represents a $1.7-million investment by Danos & Curole, marine contractors of Larose, La., and brings to their fleet state-of-the-art capabilities and features that are of particular interest to oil companies throughout the entire Danos & Curole service area.
Featuring a closed loop hydraulic system, the very latest of its kind, the barge is capable of working in depths of up to 90 feet.
Overall length of the self-elevating vessel is 94 feet, with a beam of 63 feet and a draft design of 6 feet 6 inches. Potable water storage capacity is 9,000 gallons and fuel storage capacity is 4,000 gallons.
Propelled by two 12V-71-N Detroit Diesel engines, the Alyce Danos is capable of carrying 150,000 pounds of deck cargo. The barge is equipped with two hydraulic cranes offering 40-ton and 10-ton capacities with 70-foot and 50-foot boom lengths, respectively.
Special conveniences and comforts are built into the galley and relaxation and recreation areas for the crew members.
The Alyce Danos will now join the transportation services division of Danos & Curole which consists of deck barges, water barges and other jackup barges.
Founded in 1945, Danos & Curole is a full-service contractor, capable of serving the oil and marine industries with a variety of personnel, equipment and special fabrication and sandblasting s e r v i c es.
Other stories from August 15, 1984 issue
- Captain Osborne Joins Port of San Francisco page: 6
- NMEA Names Gutman President, And Carney Executive Director page: 7
- ASMAR Delivers Dona Eugenia page: 7
- New Airfoil Design Makes Wind-Powered Ships Viable For Commercial Shipping page: 10
- Boghammar Marine Delivers Light-Alloy Pilot Boat page: 10
- Organizational Changes Are Announced By Newport News Shipbuilding page: 11
- New Dry Dock Delivered To Southwest Marine page: 12
- North American Marine Jet Purchases Jacuzzi Marine Jet Line page: 12
- Crude Oil Tanker Exxon Baytown Christened At Avondale Shipyards page: 13
- RFD-Elliot Offers Catalogs Describing Elliot Product Line page: 14
- Edwards Will Succeed Stonebreaker As President Of Halter Marine page: 14
- Mirrlees Offers Brochure On Its K&KV Major Mk3 Diesel Engine Range page: 14
- SEACOR Wins Contracts Worth $8.4 Million page: 15
- Seaworthy And Bethlehem Steel Offer An Innovative 1,500-TEU Class Convertible Container Carrier page: 16
- Tyne Shiprepair Wins Contract To Rebuild The Sir Tristram page: 17
- Ingram Barge Company Names New President page: 17
- McDermott Announces Transfer Of Two Senior Managers page: 18
- NAVY WORK IN PRIVATE U.S. YARDS page: 20
- it UNITED WE STAND 99 - A Call To Membership In The National Ocean Industries Association page: 31
- McDermott Delivers First Jumboized Crowley Barge — Gets Contract To "Stretch" Three Additional Units page: 34
- Todd Seattle A w a r d ed $500,000 Phase I Contract For LCAC Program page: 35
- Lykes A w a r d s $ 1 5 0 - M i l l i on C o n t r a c t To Build Four C o n t a i n e r s h i p s In Japan page: 35
- ASTECH Offers Literature On Lightweight Steel Honeycomb Structures page: 36
- OUTSTANDING WARSHIP DESIGNS page: 38
- U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING PROGRAM page: 44
- M a c G r e g o r - N a v i re President Hanson Dies Suddenly page: 51
- Navidyne Study Shows New Satcom Antennas Save Shipowners Money page: 51
- Ferrous Offers Literature On Catalyst Proportioning Pump And Depulsing Unit page: 51
- NMEA Annual Meeting Set For Oct. 14-16 In Boston page: 52
- Bowditch Introduces New Navigation And Piloting Aid page: 52
- Danos & Curole Christen Jackup Barge Alyce Danos page: 52
- Dahl To Market New Improved Racor Replacement Elements page: 53
- Baatservice Building Big Catamaran Survey Vessel page: 53
- McDermott-Built Barge Uses Markey Machinery Windlass And Capstans page: 54
- PRC Reports On Navy Use Of PRORECO III Deck System page: 54
- Coflexip Flexible Pipe Riser Used In Test Program By Navy page: 57
- Meyer Werft Delivers Gas Carrier And Gets Contract For Cruise Liner page: 58