McDermott Announces Transfer Of Two Senior Managers
McDermott International, Inc.
announced recently that two senior managers have been crosstransferred between the company's Marine Construction and Babcock & Wilcox operating units.
H.R. Reeves, senior vice president and group executive of Marine Construction's North Sea and West Africa Operations, will become Babcock & Wilcox's senior vice president and group executive, construction and tubular products, a newly instituted position in the unit. J.J. Stewart, vice president and general manager of B&W International, will replace Mr. Reeves as McDermott Marine Construction's vice president and group executive, North Sea and West Africa operations.
He will be headquartered in the Pennsylvania/Ohio area and Mr.
Stewart in Brussels, Belgium.
Mr. Reeves joined McDermott in 1965 as a field engineer in the Marine Pipeline Division. He has been in charge of the North Sea operations since 1980 and became a senior vice president in 1981. He has a BS in civil engineering from Louisiana Polytechnic Institute.
Mr. Stewart joined Babcock & Wilcox's Nuclear Power Genera- tion Division in 1972. He was named president in 1980 and since 1982 has served as president of B&W Industries, Ltd. also of Canada, and vice president and general manager of B&W International.
He holds a B.S. in chemical engineering from Prudue, an M.S.
in nuclear engineering from Kansas State University and a Ph.D.
in nuclear engineering from North Carolina State University.
Replacing Mr. Stewart as vice president and general manager of B&W International will be R.E.
Donovan, presently BWI's manager of international contracts. He will also become president of B&W Canada and Babcock & Wilcox Industries Ltd.
Other stories from August 15, 1984 issue
- Captain Osborne Joins Port of San Francisco page: 6
- NMEA Names Gutman President, And Carney Executive Director page: 7
- ASMAR Delivers Dona Eugenia page: 7
- New Airfoil Design Makes Wind-Powered Ships Viable For Commercial Shipping page: 10
- Boghammar Marine Delivers Light-Alloy Pilot Boat page: 10
- Organizational Changes Are Announced By Newport News Shipbuilding page: 11
- New Dry Dock Delivered To Southwest Marine page: 12
- North American Marine Jet Purchases Jacuzzi Marine Jet Line page: 12
- Crude Oil Tanker Exxon Baytown Christened At Avondale Shipyards page: 13
- RFD-Elliot Offers Catalogs Describing Elliot Product Line page: 14
- Edwards Will Succeed Stonebreaker As President Of Halter Marine page: 14
- Mirrlees Offers Brochure On Its K&KV Major Mk3 Diesel Engine Range page: 14
- SEACOR Wins Contracts Worth $8.4 Million page: 15
- Seaworthy And Bethlehem Steel Offer An Innovative 1,500-TEU Class Convertible Container Carrier page: 16
- Tyne Shiprepair Wins Contract To Rebuild The Sir Tristram page: 17
- Ingram Barge Company Names New President page: 17
- McDermott Announces Transfer Of Two Senior Managers page: 18
- NAVY WORK IN PRIVATE U.S. YARDS page: 20
- it UNITED WE STAND 99 - A Call To Membership In The National Ocean Industries Association page: 31
- McDermott Delivers First Jumboized Crowley Barge — Gets Contract To "Stretch" Three Additional Units page: 34
- Todd Seattle A w a r d ed $500,000 Phase I Contract For LCAC Program page: 35
- Lykes A w a r d s $ 1 5 0 - M i l l i on C o n t r a c t To Build Four C o n t a i n e r s h i p s In Japan page: 35
- ASTECH Offers Literature On Lightweight Steel Honeycomb Structures page: 36
- OUTSTANDING WARSHIP DESIGNS page: 38
- U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING PROGRAM page: 44
- M a c G r e g o r - N a v i re President Hanson Dies Suddenly page: 51
- Navidyne Study Shows New Satcom Antennas Save Shipowners Money page: 51
- Ferrous Offers Literature On Catalyst Proportioning Pump And Depulsing Unit page: 51
- NMEA Annual Meeting Set For Oct. 14-16 In Boston page: 52
- Bowditch Introduces New Navigation And Piloting Aid page: 52
- Danos & Curole Christen Jackup Barge Alyce Danos page: 52
- Dahl To Market New Improved Racor Replacement Elements page: 53
- Baatservice Building Big Catamaran Survey Vessel page: 53
- McDermott-Built Barge Uses Markey Machinery Windlass And Capstans page: 54
- PRC Reports On Navy Use Of PRORECO III Deck System page: 54
- Coflexip Flexible Pipe Riser Used In Test Program By Navy page: 57
- Meyer Werft Delivers Gas Carrier And Gets Contract For Cruise Liner page: 58