Combustion Engineering A w a r d e d $12 Million In Navy Boiler Contracts
Combustion Engineering, Inc.
(C-E) has been awarded four separate contracts for boilers and related equipment to be installed on U.S.
Navy ships, the company recently announced. The value of the contracts, booked in the third quarter, is approximately $12 million.
C-E will supply two propulsion boilers for an amphibious assault ship, nine waste heat boilers for three guided missile cruisers, and six auxiliary boilers for three dock landing ships. Delivery is expected in 1986 and 1987.
Six of the waste heat boilers will be supplied to the Bath Iron Works Corporation of Bath, Maine. Bath will install three boilers on each of two U.S. Guided Missile Cruisers (CG-60 & 61), with delivery scheduled for 1987.
The second contract calls for three shipsets of auxiliary boilers to be provided by C-E to Avondale Shipyards, Inc., of New Orleans, La., a division of Avondale Industries, Inc. Avondale will install the boilers on three U.S. Navy Dock Landing ships (LSD-45, 46 & 47).
Two shipsets will be delivered in 1986, while the third will be delivered in 1987.
The two other contracts are with Ingalls Shipbuilding of Pascagoula, Miss., a division of Litton Systems, Inc. The first is for two C-E V2M main propulsion boilers to be installed aboard a U.S. Navy Amphibious Assault Ship (LHD-2). The second contract is for three waste heat boilers to be installed aboard a U.S. Navy Guided Missile Cruiser (CG-62).
The LHD-2 boilers are scheduled for a third quarter 1986 delivery.
The three CG-62 waste heat boilers are scheduled for delivery in early 1987.
For more information on C-E boilers, C i r c l e 6 0 o n Reader S e r v i c e Card
Other stories from January 15, 1986 issue
- Bay Shipbuilding Expands Foreign Trade Zone page: 5
- Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding To Build Large, Fast Passenger Catamarans On The East Coast page: 6
- Free Literature Describes New Repair Compounds From Philadelphia Resins page: 6
- ODECO Elects Kilpatrick Executive Vice President page: 6
- Combustion Engineering A w a r d e d $12 Million In Navy Boiler Contracts page: 7
- Huthnance Consolidates Management Of Nine Offshore Drilling Rigs page: 7
- Hagglunds Offers Elaborate 72-Page Full-Color Booklet On Cranes And Equipment page: 7
- Navy Ends Suspension; Tracor, Inc., Resumes Government Contracting page: 8
- ' 85 Sales Of Imperial Survival Suits Nears 100,000 page: 8
- Aalborg Yard Launches Third Reefer For Delivery To USSR's Sudoimport page: 8
- 38th Annual CSSRA Conference And First Canadian Shipbuilding & Offshore Exhibition page: 12
- $5-Billion Hibernia Offshore Project Will Get Under Way Early This Year page: 13
- Major Manufacturers Attend First Diesel Propulsion Conference Held In Seat page: 14
- Roger Nejes Appointed Assistant To President, Todd Shipyards Corp. page: 14
- Armco Continues To Upgrade Speciality Steels Facilities page: 14
- Westport Yard Building Fiberglass Passenger Vessel For TravAlaska page: 15
- Simrad, Inc. Opens U.S. East Coast Branch Office page: 15
- Balehi Marine Christens Twin-Screw Harbor Utility Boat page: 16
- Fast Sealift Ship USNS Altair Dedicated At Avondale Industries Shipyard Division page: 16
- Fincantieri Completes Major Overhauls On Two RO/RO-Containerships page: 17
- Shelley To Succeed Holmes As President Of Raytheon page: 17
- Ingersoll-Rand Purchases Fafnir Bearing Division page: 17
- McDermott Gets $48-Million Offshore Contract From Chinese Petroleum Corporation page: 18
- Pool Arctic Alaska Orders Bardex Hydranautics Island Rig Skidding System page: 18
- Bay Shipbuilding Lays Keel For Second Of Three Containerships page: 18
- Omnithrusters Delivered For Canadian Government Vessels page: 18
- Ingram Barge Completes Organization Changes— Reports Rapid G r o w th page: 19
- Optimizing Efficiency Levels Of Boiler Feed Turbo Pumps page: 20
- Russellstoll Offers Full-Color Bulletin On Heliport Lighting System page: 20
- Nichols Brothers Delivering Catamaran To Glacier Bay Yachts page: 21
- Simultaneous Drydocking Requires Separation Of 70,000-Ton Drydock At Penn Ship page: 21
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS page: 24
- BP Offers 60-Page Brochure On Facilities/Capabilities page: 28
- Farboil Offers Two Free Directories On Marine Coatings and Systems page: 28
- Todd Galveston Awarded $21.6-Million Modification Of Second T-AVB Vessel page: 28
- PNOC Marine And Bardex Hydranautics Build World Class Shipyard page: 29
- Gems Sensors Expands Line Of Level Indicators page: 29
- White Named Senior Vice President At American Systems Engineering page: 29
- Karl Senner Offers Sales And Service For Reintjes Marine Gears page: 30
- DDA Offers Expanded Product Line And Streamlined Manufacturing Facilities page: 30
- Steamship Company Chief Given Top Federal Academy Alumni A w a rd page: 31
- New Marine Overcoat Sea-Slide™ Increases Speed, Saves Fuel page: 31
- Valley Line Reorganizes And Expands Marketing Department— Three N e w Executives Join Firm page: 31
- First Lucander-Designed Tug Nozzle Built By ideal Machine page: 31
- American Metal Bearing's Rubber Bearing Staves Approved By Navy page: 32
- Brochure Explains N e w USCG Survival Suit Regulations page: 32
- Saab Electronics Introduces TankRadar page: 33
- Alden Electronics Introduces Tactical Facsimile Receiver page: 33
- Furuno Introduces Digitized Small Radar page: 33
- Offshore Triple-Effect Water Makers From Atlas-Danmark Save Thousands In Operating Expenses page: 34
- Acoustical Barrier Material Data Sheet Available page: 34
- Robertshaw Literature Describes Versatile Diaphragm Actuators page: 34
- Gladding-Hearn Delivers Two Tugs To Bermuda's Department Of Marine page: 34
- Belgian Shipbuilder "Floats7 Massive GRP Mold On Film Of Air page: 36
- Navigation Sciences Offers VIEWNAV® Master Mariner Brochure page: 36
- Bailey Offers N e w Color Brochure On Recorders And Data Loggers page: 36
- Cummins Uprates B Series Marine Diesel Engines page: 38
- Titeflex Offers 22-Page Catalog On Smooth Bore Teflon Hose page: 38
- Cincinnati Gear Offers Free Color Brochure On Large Gears And Parts page: 38
- Baldt Offers New 12-Page Full-Color Facilities Brochure page: 38
- N e w Compact Thermocoil Diesel Fuel Heater From Racor page: 43