Aalborg Yard Launches Third Reefer For Delivery To USSR's Sudoimport
Aalborg Vaerft A/S in Denmark recently lauched its newbuilding No. 249, a refrigerated vessel with a capacity of about 10,000 cubic meters, for the Soviet organization V/O Sudoimport. The reefer, named the Akademik Zavaritskij, is the last in a series of three sister ships, and is scheduled for delivery in May this year.
Sponsor of the vessel was Mrs.
Taissia Ekimova, wife of the leader of the Trade Representation of the USSR in Denmark, Yuri V.
Ekimova. The ceremony was attended by many representatives from the USSR and Denmark.
The Zararitskij has an overall length of 453.4 feet, beam of 70.5 feet, depth of 43 feet, and draft (bananas) of 23 feet. Propulsion is by a two-stroke B&W 6 DKRN 67/170 diesel engine with a maximum output of 12,874 bhp at 123 rpm. The main engine, of the uniflow scavenging type, is coupled directly to a fixed-pitch propeller. Service speed is 20.3 knots. Four diesel generator sets each have an output of 720 kw.
The vessel is designed as a multipurpose reefer, capable of transporting fruit as well as frozen meat.
She will have large open type cargo hatches, which with the reinforcement of tanktops and decks, provides the capability to carry both 40-foot and 20-foot containers, in cargo holds as well as the weather deck.
Three cargo holds are arranged forward of the engine room and accommodations, and one aft. The holds are via tweendecks divided into 14 sections, and eight independent temperature zones will be available with temperatures down to -25 C.
Accommodations will be provided for 40 persons (crew and passengers in a total of 35 cabins.
For more information and free literature on the yard and its facilities, Circle 20 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from January 15, 1986 issue
- Bay Shipbuilding Expands Foreign Trade Zone page: 5
- Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding To Build Large, Fast Passenger Catamarans On The East Coast page: 6
- Free Literature Describes New Repair Compounds From Philadelphia Resins page: 6
- ODECO Elects Kilpatrick Executive Vice President page: 6
- Combustion Engineering A w a r d e d $12 Million In Navy Boiler Contracts page: 7
- Huthnance Consolidates Management Of Nine Offshore Drilling Rigs page: 7
- Hagglunds Offers Elaborate 72-Page Full-Color Booklet On Cranes And Equipment page: 7
- Navy Ends Suspension; Tracor, Inc., Resumes Government Contracting page: 8
- ' 85 Sales Of Imperial Survival Suits Nears 100,000 page: 8
- Aalborg Yard Launches Third Reefer For Delivery To USSR's Sudoimport page: 8
- 38th Annual CSSRA Conference And First Canadian Shipbuilding & Offshore Exhibition page: 12
- $5-Billion Hibernia Offshore Project Will Get Under Way Early This Year page: 13
- Major Manufacturers Attend First Diesel Propulsion Conference Held In Seat page: 14
- Roger Nejes Appointed Assistant To President, Todd Shipyards Corp. page: 14
- Armco Continues To Upgrade Speciality Steels Facilities page: 14
- Westport Yard Building Fiberglass Passenger Vessel For TravAlaska page: 15
- Simrad, Inc. Opens U.S. East Coast Branch Office page: 15
- Balehi Marine Christens Twin-Screw Harbor Utility Boat page: 16
- Fast Sealift Ship USNS Altair Dedicated At Avondale Industries Shipyard Division page: 16
- Fincantieri Completes Major Overhauls On Two RO/RO-Containerships page: 17
- Shelley To Succeed Holmes As President Of Raytheon page: 17
- Ingersoll-Rand Purchases Fafnir Bearing Division page: 17
- McDermott Gets $48-Million Offshore Contract From Chinese Petroleum Corporation page: 18
- Pool Arctic Alaska Orders Bardex Hydranautics Island Rig Skidding System page: 18
- Bay Shipbuilding Lays Keel For Second Of Three Containerships page: 18
- Omnithrusters Delivered For Canadian Government Vessels page: 18
- Ingram Barge Completes Organization Changes— Reports Rapid G r o w th page: 19
- Optimizing Efficiency Levels Of Boiler Feed Turbo Pumps page: 20
- Russellstoll Offers Full-Color Bulletin On Heliport Lighting System page: 20
- Nichols Brothers Delivering Catamaran To Glacier Bay Yachts page: 21
- Simultaneous Drydocking Requires Separation Of 70,000-Ton Drydock At Penn Ship page: 21
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS page: 24
- BP Offers 60-Page Brochure On Facilities/Capabilities page: 28
- Farboil Offers Two Free Directories On Marine Coatings and Systems page: 28
- Todd Galveston Awarded $21.6-Million Modification Of Second T-AVB Vessel page: 28
- PNOC Marine And Bardex Hydranautics Build World Class Shipyard page: 29
- Gems Sensors Expands Line Of Level Indicators page: 29
- White Named Senior Vice President At American Systems Engineering page: 29
- Karl Senner Offers Sales And Service For Reintjes Marine Gears page: 30
- DDA Offers Expanded Product Line And Streamlined Manufacturing Facilities page: 30
- Steamship Company Chief Given Top Federal Academy Alumni A w a rd page: 31
- New Marine Overcoat Sea-Slide™ Increases Speed, Saves Fuel page: 31
- Valley Line Reorganizes And Expands Marketing Department— Three N e w Executives Join Firm page: 31
- First Lucander-Designed Tug Nozzle Built By ideal Machine page: 31
- American Metal Bearing's Rubber Bearing Staves Approved By Navy page: 32
- Brochure Explains N e w USCG Survival Suit Regulations page: 32
- Saab Electronics Introduces TankRadar page: 33
- Alden Electronics Introduces Tactical Facsimile Receiver page: 33
- Furuno Introduces Digitized Small Radar page: 33
- Offshore Triple-Effect Water Makers From Atlas-Danmark Save Thousands In Operating Expenses page: 34
- Acoustical Barrier Material Data Sheet Available page: 34
- Robertshaw Literature Describes Versatile Diaphragm Actuators page: 34
- Gladding-Hearn Delivers Two Tugs To Bermuda's Department Of Marine page: 34
- Belgian Shipbuilder "Floats7 Massive GRP Mold On Film Of Air page: 36
- Navigation Sciences Offers VIEWNAV® Master Mariner Brochure page: 36
- Bailey Offers N e w Color Brochure On Recorders And Data Loggers page: 36
- Cummins Uprates B Series Marine Diesel Engines page: 38
- Titeflex Offers 22-Page Catalog On Smooth Bore Teflon Hose page: 38
- Cincinnati Gear Offers Free Color Brochure On Large Gears And Parts page: 38
- Baldt Offers New 12-Page Full-Color Facilities Brochure page: 38
- N e w Compact Thermocoil Diesel Fuel Heater From Racor page: 43