Dampney Manufactures Advanced Coatings
For more than 80 years Dampney Company, Inc. has manufactured technically advanced, corrosion resistant protective coatings. Complete testing facilities are available to help solve coating and corrosion problems and to evaluate existing and new protective coatings, systems and raw materials.
The company's line includes Apexior Number 3, a single component air cure coating for immersion in fresh and salt water. Designed as easy to apply, it is formulated for the waterside corrosion prevention of metal surfaces. It has outstanding wetting properties and adheres well to power tooled cleaned areas. Apexior Number 3 is resistant to continuous immersion in fresh or salt water as well as frequently wet or high humidity environments.
Apexior Number 3 prevents pitting corrosion and stops corrosion that has already begun — except for badly pitted areas. It aids in the reduction and prevention of tight bonding of hard scale and allows for easy cleaning and removal of scale buildup. Apexior Number 3 performs ideally with water treatment.
Epodur 786 is a 100 percent solids high build epoxy coating, which can be applied to wet or submerged surfaces and will cure in both fresh and sea water at temperatures as low as 30°F (-1°C).
Epodur 786 protects steel surfaces subjected to immersion in fresh or salt water, exposure in tidal or splash zones, or burial in soil.
It is effective on the interiors of tanks and lines containing brine, crude oil, petroleum products, sewage or strong alkalies.
It is resistant to a wide range of chemical fumes, mists and splashes. Suitability for prolonged immersion in specific chemicals should be determined by tests prior to use. Epodur 786 can be mixed with sand to make a grout for use in filling cracks in concrete, or for repairing eroded areas.
Circle 5 4 on Reader Service Card www.maritimereporterinfo.com
Other stories from October 2001 issue
- Gratingless Air Circ System in Reefer Ships page: 44A
- New Technology To Debut At Europort page: 44B
- AIS: T h e Future is N ow page: 44F
- NOL Reports First Half Profit of $1M page: 4
- Speechless page: 6
- John Deere Offers N ew 3 0 0 HP Engine page: 7
- Now the Carousel Ship page: 8
- Port Security Strengthened in Wake of Disaster page: 12
- A Race With A Meaning ... Before the Fall of the Towers page: 14
- SCI: Disaster Relief on the Fly page: 15
- Following Wake of Terrorist Attacks, USS Cole is Relaunched page: 18
- INTERTANKO Offers Support, Vital Information During National Tragedy page: 19
- G O M Softness Drives GLM Score Down page: 20
- All-Purpose Aid And Hospital Vessel Delivered page: 21
- ASRY's Services Are In High Demand page: 23
- Rolf To The Rescue: German Yard Delivers Aluminum Rescue Launch page: 25
- Fusion Polycraft's RIB Designed To Be Indestructible page: 25
- Sea-Kindly: A Steady Vessel by Design page: 26
- New Inland Containership Concept Unveiled page: 30
- High-Tech Service Initiatives From Deltamarin page: 32
- FORAN v50: A Technological Renovation page: 36
- N a p a O y Opens Office In Japan page: 38
- NUPAS-Cadmatic Offers V4.3 page: 40
- Ship Evac Simulation Software Shows Promise page: 42
- Wartsila s Dual-Fuel Engine Power Module For FPSO Upgrade page: 44
- Euroferrys' Fast Ferry Features Cat 3618 Power page: 46
- PRI Fuel Treatment Helps Meet Emissions Challeng es page: 47
- Western Towboat Gets A N e w Titan page: 48
- Nichols Bros. To Construct Powerful Fireboat page: 50
- Statoil Ships Run on Gas... Liquefied Natural Gas That Is page: 51
- W Q I S Broadens Coverage To Meet State Requirements page: 52
- Wartsila Wins Environmental Award page: 53
- Pumping Ballast for Ocean-Going Barges page: 54
- Self-Cleaning Filter System Cuts Maintenance Costs page: 60
- CMP Packs Decade of Tin-Free Experience page: 62
- MarineLine Boosts C l e a r w a t e r ' s Profitability page: 64
- Dampney Manufactures Advanced Coatings page: 67
- W a r t s i l a Engines To Power Queen M a r y 2 page: 70
- Keppel Hitachi Zosen Delivers Semi-tender Rig page: 73