NUPAS-Cadmatic Offers V4.3
More than 100 users attended Nupas- Cadmatic Users' Meeting held in Heerenveen, the Netherlands for the presentation of the newest release v4.3.
v4.3 consists of many innovative new functions varying from helpful improvements in the users interface up to complete topological foundations and renewed advanced automatic plate nesting.
Nupas-Cadmatic has a new integrated module that offers the engineer a fast way to create parametric (or topological) foundations. With the help of pop- up panels the engineer enters the parameters for the desired foundation type and picks the relations with the already engineered model. The system creates a complete 3-D foundation including all the required information for production.
In the new release Nupas-Cadmatic's unique method of applying topology has found many new applications. Creating, modifying and removing ship's structural components including its attributes has become even more efficient than before. Also, topological bevels and the application of topology on user definable entities are also possible in this release, besides the already existing topological functionality.
The automatic numbering of parts and panels has been improved and PIPS has been introduced. PIPS (Part Identify Panel System) is a new way of automatic part and panel numbering that ensures consistency and improves efficiency of the assembly of parts and panels on the workshop floor because of a unique numbering algorithm (see picture above). Besides PIPS, positioning part and panel numbers on workshop drawings is completely automated now. Production sketches have been improved as well as the automatic part description generator. The report generator of Nupas-Cadmatic supports all new additional features in the CAM modules.
Improved Automatic Nesting A new module Advanced Autonesting offers full automatic multi-plate nesting functionality. With five new strategies including e.g. common line, multi torch and mirrored multi torch, the new automatic nesting reduces nesting time to a minimum and gives optimal results. The user can set several parameters to fine tune the yard's specific preferences for efficient plate cutting.
The former optional 'Basic Autonesting' for automatic nesting of a single plate is now standard included in the new release for all users.
Linking P&ID and 3-D model The P&ID module data integration with the 3-D model has been further improved. This gives the advantages of selecting the correct systems, pipelines and components from the diagram layout for use in the 3-D model during the component layout and routing of the pipes. The 3-D model and P&ID are checked constantly for consistency and any critical items are reported with the assistance of a new developed message server.
Mistakes made by the designer are strongly reduced because of the re-use of information that is already available in the system.
Advanced Visualization Creating fancy images and screen shots of the 3-D model is something of the past. Today, Nupas-Cadmatic supports creating on-line movie files of a virtual walk around in the model. This advanced visualization, which supports the OpenGL standard, generates on the fly (real time) rendered moving images of the camera path and stores them in a standard Windows AVI file. This unique feature gives a complete new meaning to the virtual ship and opens unlimited possibilities for information exchange between shipyard and shipowner and between engineering department and production floor.
Circle 1 8 9 on Reader Service Card www. maritimereporterinfo. com
Other stories from October 2001 issue
- Gratingless Air Circ System in Reefer Ships page: 44A
- New Technology To Debut At Europort page: 44B
- AIS: T h e Future is N ow page: 44F
- NOL Reports First Half Profit of $1M page: 4
- Speechless page: 6
- John Deere Offers N ew 3 0 0 HP Engine page: 7
- Now the Carousel Ship page: 8
- Port Security Strengthened in Wake of Disaster page: 12
- A Race With A Meaning ... Before the Fall of the Towers page: 14
- SCI: Disaster Relief on the Fly page: 15
- Following Wake of Terrorist Attacks, USS Cole is Relaunched page: 18
- INTERTANKO Offers Support, Vital Information During National Tragedy page: 19
- G O M Softness Drives GLM Score Down page: 20
- All-Purpose Aid And Hospital Vessel Delivered page: 21
- ASRY's Services Are In High Demand page: 23
- Rolf To The Rescue: German Yard Delivers Aluminum Rescue Launch page: 25
- Fusion Polycraft's RIB Designed To Be Indestructible page: 25
- Sea-Kindly: A Steady Vessel by Design page: 26
- New Inland Containership Concept Unveiled page: 30
- High-Tech Service Initiatives From Deltamarin page: 32
- FORAN v50: A Technological Renovation page: 36
- N a p a O y Opens Office In Japan page: 38
- NUPAS-Cadmatic Offers V4.3 page: 40
- Ship Evac Simulation Software Shows Promise page: 42
- Wartsila s Dual-Fuel Engine Power Module For FPSO Upgrade page: 44
- Euroferrys' Fast Ferry Features Cat 3618 Power page: 46
- PRI Fuel Treatment Helps Meet Emissions Challeng es page: 47
- Western Towboat Gets A N e w Titan page: 48
- Nichols Bros. To Construct Powerful Fireboat page: 50
- Statoil Ships Run on Gas... Liquefied Natural Gas That Is page: 51
- W Q I S Broadens Coverage To Meet State Requirements page: 52
- Wartsila Wins Environmental Award page: 53
- Pumping Ballast for Ocean-Going Barges page: 54
- Self-Cleaning Filter System Cuts Maintenance Costs page: 60
- CMP Packs Decade of Tin-Free Experience page: 62
- MarineLine Boosts C l e a r w a t e r ' s Profitability page: 64
- Dampney Manufactures Advanced Coatings page: 67
- W a r t s i l a Engines To Power Queen M a r y 2 page: 70
- Keppel Hitachi Zosen Delivers Semi-tender Rig page: 73