Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes
D.J. O'Rourke, vice presidentmarketing, has announced several organizational changes in the Marketing Department of Abex Corporation, Denison Division, Columbus, Ohio. The changes have been made, he said, to further increase the effectiveness of service to the division's customers for fluid power components and systems.
Werner Grimes has been promoted to the position of product manager-valves, and is now responsible for all aspects of Abex/ Denison hydraulic valve engineering, manufacturing and marketing.
He had been sales managervalves for the past year.
Mr. Grimes has served in various sales positions since joining Denison in 1955, including periods as sales manager for Denison Division, Abex International, Paris, France, and as sales manager of Denison Hydraulics, Japan, Ltd.
He attended college preparatory and technical schools in Germany, and studied in the University of Houston College of Engineering.
Robert L. Holmes has been promoted to manager-sales administration, and heads the division's newly formed Sales Administration Group. He had been product manager-valves since joining Denison in 1962.
Mr. Holmes is a mechanical engineering graduate of Ohio State University, and a registered professional engineer in the state of Ohio. Prior to joining Denison, he had more than eight years of experience in the design and development of hydraulic equipment.
In his new position, Mr. Holmes reports to Robert D. Montgomery, director-marketing administration.
Denison designs, manufactures and markets worldwide a complete line of hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, transmissions and hydraulic presses.
In addition to its plants in Columbus, Marysville and Delaware, Ohio, Denison has plants and sales offices in Canada, Denmark, England, France, India, Italy, Japan, and West Germany. The company is represented in the United States through a network of independent fully qualified and authorized dist r i b u t o r s , and throughout the world by a network of sales and service affiliates.
Denison's parent company, Abex Corporation, is a subsidiary of IC Industries, Inc., Chicago, 111.
Other stories from August 15, 1978 issue
- Beliard, Crighton Opens New Drydock In Dunkirk page: 4
- Booklet Tells How To Keep Seawater Piping Systems Free Of Growth page: 4
- Bender To Build Fisheries Research Vessel For NOAA page: 7
- Tenn-Tom Towing Asks Title XI For Barges And Towboats page: 7
- Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes page: 8
- Congressman Murphy To Receive AOTOS Award page: 9
- 1980 LNG Conference Set For Kyoto, Japan page: 10
- City Of Ponce Orders First Portainer Crane page: 10
- Blount Marine Delivers Fueling Tanker Reiss Marine To Service Great Lakes Shipping page: 11
- Alcoa Marine Forms New Offshore Division page: 12
- Oceaneering Int'l Names Taylor Potter page: 12
- Hoffert Marine Inc. Names Byrne Exec. VP page: 13
- A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc. page: 13
- Carrington Slipways Pty. Ltd. Appoints Four Directors page: 14
- Alco Power Inc. Names Richard Fuller page: 16
- Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar page: 16
- Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available page: 19
- British Firm Sells Survey Technique To Maritime Administration page: 20
- MTU Group Forms U.S. Subsidiary page: 20
- Tacoma Boat Names Streb Chief Engineer page: 22
- Raytheon Marine Offers Line Of Commercial Doppler Speed Logs page: 24
- Marine Concrete Structures Relocates Headquarters page: 26
- Ship Performance Analyzer page: 30
- Arctic Transportation Ltd. Commissions Research Vessel To Work For Imperial Oil page: 32
- Jakobson Shipyard Delivers Innovative Oil Skimmer Catamaran To Lagoven, C.A. page: 32
- BSRA Confidential Report On Catamarans Can Now Be Purchased page: 35
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The M / V P.N. Ellis For Bunkering Service On the Lower Mississippi page: 37
- Todd Reports Third Successive Profitable Quarter page: 39
- Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo page: 40
- Sulzer Diesels Power First Combined Ro/Ro Mini-Bulk Carrier On Inland Waterways Of Europe page: 42
- Middle East Liner Trades — An Economic Analysis page: 42
- MSC Towing Contract Awarded To Dillingham page: 43
- Ship Design Paper Attracts Wide Interest page: 44
- Congressman Murphy To Address Offshore Oil Conference page: 45