A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc.
A.L. Burbank and Co., One World Trade Center, Suite 2811, New York, N.Y. 10048, will be sole worldwide marketing agents for the Marine ThermoTest Division of Fuel Savers, Inc., it was announced by Victor M. Richel, president. The Marine Thermo- Test Division performs diagnostic inspections of electrical and thermo- mechanical equipment aboard ships.
"Our Division uses infrared imaging equipment as a preventive maintenance tool in the marine industry," said Mr. Richel.
"We look to A.L. Burbank's breadth of experience for developing marine applications for this new technology as an important growth factor." Under the supervision of Peter Burbank, president, A.L. Burbank representative Len Johnson and consultant Clifford Wise will be account managers. They will report to Adam A. Duch, general manager of the ThermoTest Division of Fuel Savers.
"In just over two years, we have had great success utilizing infrared imaging equipment as a diagnostic tool to locate problems in electrical and thermo-mechanical equipment in industrial plants that go undetected by conventional maintenance procedures," Mr.
Richel noted. "We look to provide a similar preventive maintenance testing service on ships for major electrical equipment, control and engine room machinery, ship refrigeration systems and winching equipment." Fuel Savers, Inc. is an affiliated company of National Utilities and Industries. The Elizabeth, N.J.- based concern uses high technology infrared imaging systems as a preventive maintenance tool to locate malfunctions in electrical and thermo-mechanical equipment.
ThermoTest also provides thermographic surveys for energy conservation analysis for the residential, industrial and commercial markets.
Other stories from August 15, 1978 issue
- Beliard, Crighton Opens New Drydock In Dunkirk page: 4
- Booklet Tells How To Keep Seawater Piping Systems Free Of Growth page: 4
- Bender To Build Fisheries Research Vessel For NOAA page: 7
- Tenn-Tom Towing Asks Title XI For Barges And Towboats page: 7
- Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes page: 8
- Congressman Murphy To Receive AOTOS Award page: 9
- 1980 LNG Conference Set For Kyoto, Japan page: 10
- City Of Ponce Orders First Portainer Crane page: 10
- Blount Marine Delivers Fueling Tanker Reiss Marine To Service Great Lakes Shipping page: 11
- Alcoa Marine Forms New Offshore Division page: 12
- Oceaneering Int'l Names Taylor Potter page: 12
- Hoffert Marine Inc. Names Byrne Exec. VP page: 13
- A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc. page: 13
- Carrington Slipways Pty. Ltd. Appoints Four Directors page: 14
- Alco Power Inc. Names Richard Fuller page: 16
- Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar page: 16
- Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available page: 19
- British Firm Sells Survey Technique To Maritime Administration page: 20
- MTU Group Forms U.S. Subsidiary page: 20
- Tacoma Boat Names Streb Chief Engineer page: 22
- Raytheon Marine Offers Line Of Commercial Doppler Speed Logs page: 24
- Marine Concrete Structures Relocates Headquarters page: 26
- Ship Performance Analyzer page: 30
- Arctic Transportation Ltd. Commissions Research Vessel To Work For Imperial Oil page: 32
- Jakobson Shipyard Delivers Innovative Oil Skimmer Catamaran To Lagoven, C.A. page: 32
- BSRA Confidential Report On Catamarans Can Now Be Purchased page: 35
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The M / V P.N. Ellis For Bunkering Service On the Lower Mississippi page: 37
- Todd Reports Third Successive Profitable Quarter page: 39
- Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo page: 40
- Sulzer Diesels Power First Combined Ro/Ro Mini-Bulk Carrier On Inland Waterways Of Europe page: 42
- Middle East Liner Trades — An Economic Analysis page: 42
- MSC Towing Contract Awarded To Dillingham page: 43
- Ship Design Paper Attracts Wide Interest page: 44
- Congressman Murphy To Address Offshore Oil Conference page: 45