Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar
A marine navigation seminar, jointly sponsored by Nav-Com Incorporated of North Lindenhurst, Long Island, N.Y., and Simrad, Incorporated of Armonk, N.Y., was attended by representatives of major shipping companies, tanker fleets, tug operations, commercial fishing interests, area shipyards, and the Corps of Engineers.
The seminar, held on July 20, was presented by Gil Nelson, vice president of marketing for Simrad. Also representing Simrad were Bjorn Carlsen, president, and Walter Perlowski, product manager.
The seminar covered the latest new product advances in Loran-C navigation equipment, including Simrad's new CC-2 Navigation Computer. The CC-2 Navigation Computer may be used in conjunction with any of Simrad's Loran-C receivers to provide a digital direct readout of latitude and longitude, bearing to sail, time and distance to destination, true ground speed, and cross track error.
All information is derived from the Loran-C receiver. The computer may also be used for other navigation computations.
Other products presented in the seminar included high-performance depth recorders used for navigation and commercial fishing.
Included among these were such units as the Simard EL, EQ, EX, etc. Systems employing multiple transducers, digital readouts, depth alarms, and bottom expansion were discussed.
Other stories from August 15, 1978 issue
- Beliard, Crighton Opens New Drydock In Dunkirk page: 4
- Booklet Tells How To Keep Seawater Piping Systems Free Of Growth page: 4
- Bender To Build Fisheries Research Vessel For NOAA page: 7
- Tenn-Tom Towing Asks Title XI For Barges And Towboats page: 7
- Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes page: 8
- Congressman Murphy To Receive AOTOS Award page: 9
- 1980 LNG Conference Set For Kyoto, Japan page: 10
- City Of Ponce Orders First Portainer Crane page: 10
- Blount Marine Delivers Fueling Tanker Reiss Marine To Service Great Lakes Shipping page: 11
- Alcoa Marine Forms New Offshore Division page: 12
- Oceaneering Int'l Names Taylor Potter page: 12
- Hoffert Marine Inc. Names Byrne Exec. VP page: 13
- A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc. page: 13
- Carrington Slipways Pty. Ltd. Appoints Four Directors page: 14
- Alco Power Inc. Names Richard Fuller page: 16
- Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar page: 16
- Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available page: 19
- British Firm Sells Survey Technique To Maritime Administration page: 20
- MTU Group Forms U.S. Subsidiary page: 20
- Tacoma Boat Names Streb Chief Engineer page: 22
- Raytheon Marine Offers Line Of Commercial Doppler Speed Logs page: 24
- Marine Concrete Structures Relocates Headquarters page: 26
- Ship Performance Analyzer page: 30
- Arctic Transportation Ltd. Commissions Research Vessel To Work For Imperial Oil page: 32
- Jakobson Shipyard Delivers Innovative Oil Skimmer Catamaran To Lagoven, C.A. page: 32
- BSRA Confidential Report On Catamarans Can Now Be Purchased page: 35
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The M / V P.N. Ellis For Bunkering Service On the Lower Mississippi page: 37
- Todd Reports Third Successive Profitable Quarter page: 39
- Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo page: 40
- Sulzer Diesels Power First Combined Ro/Ro Mini-Bulk Carrier On Inland Waterways Of Europe page: 42
- Middle East Liner Trades — An Economic Analysis page: 42
- MSC Towing Contract Awarded To Dillingham page: 43
- Ship Design Paper Attracts Wide Interest page: 44
- Congressman Murphy To Address Offshore Oil Conference page: 45