Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo
Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Company, One World Trade Center, Suite 8833 New York, N.Y.
10048, has announced the promotion of Joseph F. Madeo Jr. to the position of general manager of its Merritt Division. This is the former Marine Salvage Division of the Merritt-Chapman & Scott Corporation.
As the largest U.S. firm engaged exclusively in marine salvage, Murphy Pacific maintains marine salvage stations in New York, Key West, Fla., and Kingston, Jamaica, under the cognizance of the Merritt Division. Warehouses at these s t a t i o n s are stocked with all types of portable salvage equipment, including the most advanced pumping systems for the lightering of all forms of liquid cargo. The M/V Rescue M, one of the most completely equipped salvage vessels in the world, and the 265-ton derrick barge Merritt 400 are maintained on station at Kingston. Merritt equipment and knowledgeable manpower are available to the marine industry, either directly or on a subcontract basis.
In addition to its involvement in the commercial salvage field, Murphy Pacific is the holder of the U.S. Navy's contract for the provision of salvage services on the United States Atlantic and Gulf Coasts and the contiguous waters extending eastward to the European and Mideast areas.
Mr. Madeo joined Murphy Pacific in 1971 as a Salvage Master after 30 years of distinguished service in the U.S. Navy, including a stint as the Commanding Officer of Harbor Clearance Unit One during the heyday of Vietnam.
He was promoted to Operations Manager in 1973 and, after receiving the "Meritorious Public Service Citation" from the U.S.
Navy for his outstanding performance as Project Manager of the 1974 Suez Canal Wreck Clearance, he was promoted to vice president of the company and assistant general manager of the division in 1975. As general manager, he will provide overall direction to the division and its work in offshore salvage, harbor clearance, and oil pollution control.
Other stories from August 15, 1978 issue
- Beliard, Crighton Opens New Drydock In Dunkirk page: 4
- Booklet Tells How To Keep Seawater Piping Systems Free Of Growth page: 4
- Bender To Build Fisheries Research Vessel For NOAA page: 7
- Tenn-Tom Towing Asks Title XI For Barges And Towboats page: 7
- Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes page: 8
- Congressman Murphy To Receive AOTOS Award page: 9
- 1980 LNG Conference Set For Kyoto, Japan page: 10
- City Of Ponce Orders First Portainer Crane page: 10
- Blount Marine Delivers Fueling Tanker Reiss Marine To Service Great Lakes Shipping page: 11
- Alcoa Marine Forms New Offshore Division page: 12
- Oceaneering Int'l Names Taylor Potter page: 12
- Hoffert Marine Inc. Names Byrne Exec. VP page: 13
- A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc. page: 13
- Carrington Slipways Pty. Ltd. Appoints Four Directors page: 14
- Alco Power Inc. Names Richard Fuller page: 16
- Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar page: 16
- Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available page: 19
- British Firm Sells Survey Technique To Maritime Administration page: 20
- MTU Group Forms U.S. Subsidiary page: 20
- Tacoma Boat Names Streb Chief Engineer page: 22
- Raytheon Marine Offers Line Of Commercial Doppler Speed Logs page: 24
- Marine Concrete Structures Relocates Headquarters page: 26
- Ship Performance Analyzer page: 30
- Arctic Transportation Ltd. Commissions Research Vessel To Work For Imperial Oil page: 32
- Jakobson Shipyard Delivers Innovative Oil Skimmer Catamaran To Lagoven, C.A. page: 32
- BSRA Confidential Report On Catamarans Can Now Be Purchased page: 35
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The M / V P.N. Ellis For Bunkering Service On the Lower Mississippi page: 37
- Todd Reports Third Successive Profitable Quarter page: 39
- Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo page: 40
- Sulzer Diesels Power First Combined Ro/Ro Mini-Bulk Carrier On Inland Waterways Of Europe page: 42
- Middle East Liner Trades — An Economic Analysis page: 42
- MSC Towing Contract Awarded To Dillingham page: 43
- Ship Design Paper Attracts Wide Interest page: 44
- Congressman Murphy To Address Offshore Oil Conference page: 45