Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available
Proceedings of the International Symposium on Fracture Mechanics to be held at the George Washington University, September 11- 13, 1978, will be available through the University Press of Virginia.
This symposium, sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, presents an overview of fracture problems in ship and aircraft structures, as well as an international review of the state-of-the-art in many areas of fracture mechanics research.
Included are results of both theoretical and experimental studies of fracture and fatigue in a variety of materials and structures. Various aspects of fracture are discussed for composites, polymers, ceramics and metallic materials under wide ranges of loading and environment. Fracture mechanics technology is reviewed through fracture case studies, discussions of recent advances in nondestructive flaw detection, and applications to nuclear reactors, gas turbines, and rocket motors.
This book, edited by Drs. N.
Perrone, H. Liebowitz, and D. Mulville, will be available in September.
It can be ordered from the University Press of Virginia, Box 3608, University Station, Charlottesville, Va. 22903, for $25.
Other stories from August 15, 1978 issue
- Beliard, Crighton Opens New Drydock In Dunkirk page: 4
- Booklet Tells How To Keep Seawater Piping Systems Free Of Growth page: 4
- Bender To Build Fisheries Research Vessel For NOAA page: 7
- Tenn-Tom Towing Asks Title XI For Barges And Towboats page: 7
- Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes page: 8
- Congressman Murphy To Receive AOTOS Award page: 9
- 1980 LNG Conference Set For Kyoto, Japan page: 10
- City Of Ponce Orders First Portainer Crane page: 10
- Blount Marine Delivers Fueling Tanker Reiss Marine To Service Great Lakes Shipping page: 11
- Alcoa Marine Forms New Offshore Division page: 12
- Oceaneering Int'l Names Taylor Potter page: 12
- Hoffert Marine Inc. Names Byrne Exec. VP page: 13
- A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc. page: 13
- Carrington Slipways Pty. Ltd. Appoints Four Directors page: 14
- Alco Power Inc. Names Richard Fuller page: 16
- Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar page: 16
- Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available page: 19
- British Firm Sells Survey Technique To Maritime Administration page: 20
- MTU Group Forms U.S. Subsidiary page: 20
- Tacoma Boat Names Streb Chief Engineer page: 22
- Raytheon Marine Offers Line Of Commercial Doppler Speed Logs page: 24
- Marine Concrete Structures Relocates Headquarters page: 26
- Ship Performance Analyzer page: 30
- Arctic Transportation Ltd. Commissions Research Vessel To Work For Imperial Oil page: 32
- Jakobson Shipyard Delivers Innovative Oil Skimmer Catamaran To Lagoven, C.A. page: 32
- BSRA Confidential Report On Catamarans Can Now Be Purchased page: 35
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The M / V P.N. Ellis For Bunkering Service On the Lower Mississippi page: 37
- Todd Reports Third Successive Profitable Quarter page: 39
- Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo page: 40
- Sulzer Diesels Power First Combined Ro/Ro Mini-Bulk Carrier On Inland Waterways Of Europe page: 42
- Middle East Liner Trades — An Economic Analysis page: 42
- MSC Towing Contract Awarded To Dillingham page: 43
- Ship Design Paper Attracts Wide Interest page: 44
- Congressman Murphy To Address Offshore Oil Conference page: 45