Daewoo To Build Offshore Gas/Oil Production Plant
Esso Production Malaysia, Inc.
(EPMI) has asked Daewoo Shipbuilding and Heavy Machinery Ltd. to build an offshore oil and gas production plant and to supply a dehydration module for a second plant. The total price of the projects, including owner-furnished equipment, is $35 million.
The production plant Daewoo is building will comprise six modules for oil and gas production, two modules for gas compression, and one dehydration module. Upon completion in May 1985, the equipment will be transported by Daewoo to Malaysia's "Guntong 'A' " offshore oil field.
A separate dehydration unit is being built for use by a plant in the "Tiong 'A' " offshore oil field; it will also be delivered by May 1985.
The plant provides basic oil and gas treatment, compresses gas to be transported to another platform or plant, and removes moisture from gas.
Daewoo Shipbuilding last year built and transported two modules for compression and dehydration for EPMI's use in the "Bekok 'C' " offshore oil field.
Daewoo Shipbuilding is a member of the Daewoo Group, founded in 1967 and now one of Korea's largest business groups.
Other stories from July 1984 issue
- Tacoma Boat Awarded $110-Million Contract To Build Passenger Liner page: 4
- Williams Announces Lubricating Innovation For Steel Cables page: 5
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers Bulk Carrier To Greek Owner page: 5
- Cummins Engine Announces New Engine Model Codes For Marine Product Line page: 5
- Desco Marine Adds Three New Fiberglass Hulls To Line of Fishing Boats page: 6
- Two Appointments Announced By Marathon Marine page: 6
- Engineering Partnership Formed By Kongsberg And McDermott International page: 6
- Deutsch Metal Offers Free Pyplok Catalog page: 6
- Unique Mini-Liner Nearing Completion At Bender Shipbuilding Yard In Mobile page: 7
- Bender Delivers 98-Foot New Bedford Scalloper page: 7
- Daewoo To Build Offshore Gas/Oil Production Plant page: 8
- Joseph Cangelosi Forms New Consulting Firm page: 8
- Dockside Signs Contract With M.A.N./B&W Service — Rennie Joins Staff page: 8
- Philadelphia Gear Supplies New Propulsion Drives For San Francisco Ferry Boats page: 8
- Gennaro Oliva Joins Atlantic Coast Enterprises page: 8
- Marathon LeTourneau Offshore Announces Major Reorganization page: 9
- Bob Daniels Named New Marland President & CEO page: 9
- NABRICO Names Gower VP-Engineering page: 9
- American-Standard Offers Free Bulletin On FanEX® Air/Oil Heat Exchangers page: 9
- CDI Marine Appoints Smith And Dodson page: 10
- Sonat Subsea Services Appoints Senior VP page: 10
- New Raytheon SSB Is Microprocessor Controlled —Literature Available page: 10
- Comsat TeleSystems Introduces The MCS-9100 Ship Earth Station page: 12
- Socal Announces Executive Changes page: 12
- NOR-FISHING '84 page: 12
- Rockwell International Announces Key Top Management Promotions page: 13
- New Remote Control Subsea Gyrocompass Introduced By Robertson page: 13
- MarAd Acquires RO/RO Vessel Atlantic Bear With Bid Of $17.5 Million page: 14
- NASSCO Holds Naming Ceremonies For Two Ship Conversions page: 14
- Perolin Offers Handbook On Fuel Oil Treatment page: 14
- Two Samsung-built Hapag-Lloyd Ships Feature Unique Asymmetric Stern page: 16
- OFFSHORE NORTHERN SEAS page: 16
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 18
- SCANDINAVIAN SHIPBUILDING page: 23
- Magnavox MX 1100 Series Navigators GPS Upgradable —Literature Available page: 34
- Ingram Materials Expands Bulk Marine Terminal page: 35
- Emerson Shank Joins Desco Marine As VP Sales And Marketing page: 35
- Navy Adding 19 Ships To Ready Reserve Force page: 36
- AMR™ Is New Name For Transamerica Delaval Line Of Three-Screw Pumps page: 37
- Caterpillar Offers Remanufactured Fuel Nozzles And Tune-Up Kits page: 37
- SNAME Issues Call For Papers For 1985 OTC page: 38
- Comsat Dedicates Roaring Creek Earth Station page: 38
- Norcontrol Renews Long-Term Agreement With B&W Diesel page: 41
- Integrated Marine Electronic Systems Nav-Com Inc., Seminar—Washington, D.C. page: 42
- Oceaneering International Dual Hydra Rov Systems At 100 Percent Utilization page: 49
- Fast Navy Supply Ship Capella Dedicated At Pennsylvania Shipbuilding page: 50