Aluminum Boats Delivers Sleek 140-Foot Dinner Yacht
Aluminum Boats, Inc., Crown Point, La., has delivered the Anita Dee II, an elegant, all-aluminum, 140-foot, 350-passenger dinner yacht to Tee Dee Enterprises, Inc., Chicago, 111.
Looking more like a stylish megayacht than a commercial charter boat, Anita Dee II is available for group charters, private parties, wedding receptions, corporate functions, and other events from her berth at the Navy Pier.
Her owners have owned and operated smaller charter vessels in Chicago for over 12 years.
Tee Dee's president, Anita Difiglio, for whom the boat is named, said, "I wanted this boat designed and built to Coast Guard standards with the look and feel of a luxury megayacht, not that of a converted ferry or crew boat. That's why I chose Aluminum Boats, Inc. They have the design and construction experience, and Sal Guarino (general manager) really went out of his way to meet our requirements." Designed by Aluminum Boats, Inc., its parent company, the Trinity Marine Group, and yacht design consultant Alfred (Jay) Coyle Jr., Anita Dee II maximizes space on the two primary passenger decks by eliminating stanchions or supports.
The spacious main deck includes i n t i m a t e and group seating, through-the-bulkhead bar, restrooms, large galley and owner's stateroom. Additionally, the main deck also includes a full walkaround and a covered aft deck with seating and roll-up weather curtains.
The second deck has seating for 152 diners, a large buffet and waiter's station and additional restrooms.
It also includes the pilothouse with port and starboard wing control stations, another double duty bar serving the diners inside and the covered aft deck outside, and stairs to the flybridge and main deck.
Atop is the flybridge which includes a lounge with seating for 62, an open dance floor and band stand, bar, and promenade area. A helipad is also on the flybridge along with a skylight to the dinner deck which doubles as a 16-foot long cocktail area.
Below decks, Anita Dee II has four staterooms with private baths which can accommodate eight guests. This deck also contains separate crew quarters.
The Anita Dee II is 140 feet in length, has a 33-foot beam, and draft of less than 5 feet 6 inches. Her shallow draft allows her to operate in the Intracoastal Waterway, normally inaccessible to vessels her size. A skegs protects her props and rudders.
Built to U.S. Coast Guard standards under subchapter T rules and regulations, the new boat is powered by two Caterpillar 3408TA diesel engines driving through Twin Disc reverse reduction gears.
The boat's hull and superstructure were fabricated at Equitable Shipyards, Inc., New Orleans, a sister shipyard to Aluminum Boats, Inc., in the Trinity Marine Group.
The Anita Dee II will operate in Chicago during the summer to mid- October and in winter from Bahia Mar Resort and Yachting Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., from mid-November to mid-March.
For free literature detailing the building capabilities of the Trinity Marine Group, Circle 92 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from September 1990 issue
- Aeroflex Isolator Offers Shock Protection For Sensitive Equipment page: 6
- Hitachi Zosen Completes VLCC Sea Prince' page: 6
- Service Engineering Completes Purchase Of Continental Maritime page: 7
- Aluminum Boats Delivers Sleek 140-Foot Dinner Yacht page: 8
- Ferry Simulation Available For Shiphandling Training At MarineSafety/CAORF page: 9
- MagneTek Defense Systems Offers Quality Power-Conversion Products For Today's Navies page: 10
- Eastern Shipyards Delivers Fish Processor 'Northern Victor' Following Complex Conversion page: 11
- Robertson Multipurpose Pilot Handles Complex Vessel Control Problems, Upgrades Vessel Performance page: 11
- Hardware Specialty Appoints Berit Ships Division Manager page: 12
- Sperry Marine Introduces New Stand-Alone ARPA page: 14
- Orders Grow For MAN B&W Diesel's 'Mini-Bore' S26MC Engine page: 14
- Bromination Systems From Everpure Provide Reliable At-Sea Water Treatment page: 15
- New HF Cradle System Offers Safer, More Cost-Effective Material Handling At BIW page: 16
- FANA To Build Temporary Shelters For Iranian Earthquake Victims page: 17
- PHOENIX WORLD CITY: Billion-Dollar Ship Project Takes Shape At Avondale page: 18
- New Committee Supports Use Of U.S. Products In World City Project page: 22
- Southwest Marine Awarded Cruise Ship Conversion Contract Worth $75 Million page: 23
- New Coast Guard Rescue Vessel Built By Textron Marine Successfully Completes First Test page: 23
- MTU To Unveil New Generation Engine, Series 595, At SMM '90 page: 24
- 12-Page Tank Coating File Helps To Make The Right Choice Of Sigma Product page: 24
- SMM 90: THE HAMBURG SHOW page: 26
- Moss Point Marine Delivers Detroit Diesel-Powered Fire Boat For Use In Honolulu Harbor page: 30
- Sulzer Forms Diesel Joint Venture With Italian And German Shipyards page: 30
- Gladding-Hearn Adds Fiberglass Hull To Line Of Deep-V Steel And Aluminum Pilot Boats page: 31
- NWH Nimonic Valves Successfully Cope With Extreme Situtations And Improve Valve Lifetime page: 31
- Lapeyre Brochure Details Features And Applications Of Alternating Tread Stairs page: 33
- New High-Performance Turbocharger Offered By ABB Turbo Systems page: 34
- Status Report On U.S. Navy Ship Maintenance And Repair page: 37
- THE PROPULSION SYSTEM: HEART OF TODAY'S NAVY VESSEL page: 39
- House Committee Releases FY 91 Defense Bill Markup page: 47
- NAVY MARKETING MEETING page: 48
- TANO Awarded Contract For USCG's Prototype Heritage Class Patrol Boat page: 48
- 14th Aegis Guided Missile Cruiser Built At Ingalls Christened 'Hue City' page: 48
- SPD Looks To Expand Product Lines To Adapt To Changing Defense Market page: 49
- Willard Marine Anticipates Quick SOLAS Approval For 18- And 22-Foot RIBs page: 51
- SEACO/Elliot Introduces New Line Of Reversible Life Rafts/Platforms page: 52
- 240-Ton Tugboat Raising Made 'Light Duty' With Slingmax Twin-Path Slings page: 55
- Fincantieri Delivers 135,000-DWT Bulker To Italian Owner page: 56
- BoatLIFE To Supply Deck Compounds For Cruise Ship Project page: 57
- ASNE SYMPOSIUM 1990 page: 58
- Saab Marine To Equip Environmental Tankers —Literature Available page: 61
- Anschutz 'Nauto Control' Product Line Fulfills Navigator Demands page: 62
- Crowley Maritime Names Rockwell Smith Manager, Oil Transportation page: 63
- Load-Dispersing System From Uni-Mat Used In Transport Operation page: 63
- Aeroquip Introduces Stainless Steel Marine Fittings page: 65
- Mid-Coast Marine Delivers Combination Crabber, Packer page: 66
- Dorman Diesels' 'Sea King' Engine Range In Demand For Fishing Propulsion Market page: 67
- Inorganic Coatings Offers Brochure On IC 531, Zinc Silicate Technology page: 67
- Du Pont 'Kevlar' Mooring Ropes Perform Like Steel, Handle Better Than Nylon page: 68
- New Literature Describes Broco Underwater Cutting And Welding Systems page: 68
- New Fairplay Book Details 1990 World Shipping Statistics page: 69
- L&C Associates Installs Dehumidification System Aboard S.S. Beaver State page: 70
- Mitsubishi Launches Daihatsu-Powered Expedition Cruise Ship page: 70
- Unusual Voith-Schneider Propulsion System Adopted For New Dutch Ferry page: 71
- Robertson Marine Named Agents For Jason Firefighting Equipment page: 72
- Rumsey Joins Pen Coal As VP Of Transportation page: 72
- Biobor JF Helps Solve Microbial Fuel Problems —Literature Available page: 72
- Schottel Pump-Jet Displays Outstanding Maneuverability During Recent Demonstrations page: 73
- Fincantieri Delivers 1,900-Passenger Superliner Crown Princess To P&O page: 74
- Standard Refrigeration Offers Rugged Marine Service Condensers page: 75
- Avondale Awards Washington Aluminum $1.5 Million In Contracts page: 76
- ARN Delivers First Of Eight Soviet Cargo Ships page: 76
- Brittany Orders Cross-Channel Ferries From Masa-Yards page: 77
- Hydro Brochure Highlights Latest Garbage Treatment Systems For Cruise Ships page: 78