Atlantic Marine Launches Casino Riverboat 'Emerald Lady'
Atlantic Marine, Inc., Jacksonville, Fla., recently launched the 201-foot, 1,000-passenger casino riverboat Emerald Lady for Steamboat Casino River Cruises, a leading developer of riverboat gambling in Iowa.
The Emerald Lady is the second of three dining/casino riverboats Atlantic Marine is constructing for Steamboat Development Corporation.
The first vessel, the Diamond Lady is due for delivery this month.
The sternwheel-driven, twin-screw Emerald Lady has an overall length of 201 feet, beam of 46 feet and draft of seven feet. She is powered by two Caterpillar 3412 diesel engines totaling 1,342 hp.
Featuring four decks, two casinos, two dining areas, three lounges, a children's activities area, gift shop and full-service galley, the Emerald Lady is patterned after the most successful sternwheelers of the late 1800s, the Hudson and Queen City.
She will service three Iowa ports-ofcall— Keokuk, Fort Madison and Burlington. She is expected to be delivered in April 1991.
The third of the three-vessel contract, the Golden Lady, will be slightly larger than her sisters at 227 feet and is expected to be delivered in June 1991.
For free literature detailing the shipbuilding services of Atlantic Marine, Circle 9 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from March 1991 issue
- Avondale Industries Joins International Shipbuilding Partnership page: 5
- Chevron Awards Grootint $111 Million Contract For North Sea Platform page: 5
- Fincantieri Receives Products Carrier Contract Worth $53.5 Million page: 8
- Icebreaker/Passenger Ferry To Be Built By Marystown Yard In Newfoundland page: 8
- Meyer Werft Delivers Fourth Gas Carrier In Series Of Six For USSR page: 10
- Trinity Marine Receives Over $138 Million In Navy Contracts page: 10
- Service Marine To Build 145-Foot Utility Boat For Gilbert Cheramie Boats page: 11
- Sperry Gyrocompass System Receives NMEA Product Award page: 11
- New Prototype Rescue Vessel, Built By Textron Marine For USCG, Credited With Saving Four Lives page: 12
- Avondale Christens 10th In Series Of 16 Auxiliary Fleet Oilers Under Construction For U.S. Navy page: 14
- Atlantic Marine Launches Casino Riverboat 'Emerald Lady' page: 16
- Ingalls Awards Baldt Contracts For Anchor, Chain And Hardware page: 18
- Marine Industries Mobilizes Large RO/RO Barges page: 18
- The Voice Of America's Towing & Barge Industry page: 20
- Teamwork, Creativity And Determination page: 21
- A New Approach To Issue Advocacy page: 21
- The Environmental Wave: Successes And Challenges page: 24
- Effects On The U.S. Fishing Industry By The Anti-Reflagging Act Of 1987 page: 26
- Peterson Builders Sign NSRP Cooperative Agreement With Navy page: 27
- Gulf Copper To Provide Facility, Services For FPSO Conversion page: 27
- MAN B&W Diesel Moves To New USA Headquarters page: 27
- Jacksonville Shipyards Awarded $2.5 Million To Repair Pemex Ship page: 28
- Newport News Names Hardison VP, Quality page: 33
- Avondale Boat Division Licensed To Construct High-Speed Hovercraft page: 33
- Rolla Introduces New Surface Piercing 'Super Propellers' page: 34
- TOWFISH SCANS SEABED— page: 34
- Navy Requests $25 Billion For Shipbuilding, Fleet Maintenance & Repair For FYs 92-93 page: 36
- ASNE 5th Annual Naval Logistics Symposium page: 38
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 39
- U.S. Yards Awarded Navy Ship Repair Pacts page: 40
- 'Arleigh Burke,' First Aegis Destroyer, Conducts Weapons Trials In Atlantic page: 41
- Saab Marine Level Gauges For Navy Oilers page: 41
- PBI Launches MCM-10, USS Warrior, Seventh in Series Of 11 For Navy; Lays Keel For MCM-12, USS Ardent page: 44
- James N. Miller Signs Swath Ocean Agreement page: 46
- Ulstein Hatloe Delivers Polar Research/Passenger Vessel To Rieber Shipping page: 47
- Amoco, China Sign Joint Agreement To Undertake $500 Million Oil Project page: 47
- Norwegian Partners Buy Six Soviet-Owned Carriers For Over $100 Million page: 47
- Sources Of U.S. Oil Imports And U.S. Oil Companies' Role In The Mideast page: 48
- NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT page: 50
- Marine Hydraulics International Performs Extensive Navy, Commercial Ship Repairs page: 64
- Hardigg's Rack-Mount Container Protects Electronic Marine Equipment In Transport/Storage page: 64
- Energy And Economic Security page: 66
- Viking Fender Co. Celebrates Anniversary—Introduces New Workboat Fendering System page: 68
- TANO Introduces Mil-Spec VME Modules —Literature Available page: 69
- AESA Delivers World's Largest Tuna Purse Seiner page: 70
- Panama Canal Installs Marine Fendering System From Solidur Plastics page: 70
- Micronautics Offers Free Literature On Tide Predicting Software page: 70
- RGB Spectrum Announces New Flexible Scan Converter page: 71
- Walport USA Announces New Video Safety Service page: 71
- MagneTek Purchases Rights To IBM Electronic Bus-Transfer Technology page: 73
- Aqua Signal Develops New Computer-Controlled Shipboard Lighting System page: 73
- Chris Marine Celebrates 10th Anniversary In Jacksonville, Florida page: 74
- Deutz-Powered High-Speed Xatafoil' Yacht Under Construction At T-Craft page: 81