De Laval Issues Comprehensive Brochure On Centrifugal Separators
The De Laval Separator Company has issued a new brochure containing comprehensive information on centrifugal separators.
Entitled "Centrifugal Separation: a Science and an Art," the brochure's release is part of a yearlong program commemorating the hundredth anniversary of the centrifugal separator.
The brochure is extremely informative for both technical and nontechnical readers. Background information is provided by means of a number of charts, mathematical side-bars, and cutaway drawings.
The brochure begins with the history of centrifugal separation, starting with the 1878 patent issued to Gustaf De Laval. A following section discusses the many applications for centrifuges.
Another segment of the brochure brochure discusses the theory of separation and several ways to achieve it, with technical side-bar.
The final section of the brochure describes the main types of centrifuges available for industrial applications today — solidsretaining, solids-ejecting, solidsdischarging ("nozzle"), decanter, pusher, basket, peeler, and laboratory centrifuges. Each is illustrated with one or more cutaway diagrams. This section also includes a description of the Centennial Series™ separator, a new, high-gravity design recently introduced to the U.S. market by De Laval.
At the end of the brochure, actual installations on a ship are illustrated.
Copies of the brochure, SA 1754, are available from David Closs, The De Laval Separator Company, Marketing Services Department, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Other stories from December 15, 1978 issue
- Veritas Guide Shows Docking Facilities For 200,000-DWT Ships page: 4
- J.J. Henry Co., Inc. Promotes Victor Chen page: 7
- Genstar And British Shipbuilders To Bid For CAF Patrol Frigates page: 7
- 1978 SNAME Annual Meeting Cites Role In Maritime Industry Progress page: 9
- American Bureau Of Shipping Moves Its Headquarters To 65 Broadway In New York City page: 11
- Ship Structure Committee Publishes Two Reports On Strength Of Materials page: 12
- Kenneth M. Jones Elected President Offshore Logistics, Inc. page: 12
- J. Ray McDermott & Co. Elects Eight Officers page: 13
- L N G - L P G Conference Set For Houston, Texas November 13-16, 1979 page: 13
- Sun Ship Awarded $137.5 Million To Build Two Ships For Waterman page: 14
- Halter Marine Delivers Supply Boat To Brazil page: 16
- Port Weller Awarded $10-Million Conversion page: 16
- IMODCO Establishes Far East Marketing Office page: 16
- General Dynamics7 Innovative Method Of Launching Submarines page: 17
- Seaward, Inc. Promotes Michael K. Kutzleb page: 18
- Union Mechling Corp. Names Ronald Olander page: 18
- Selby, Battersby & Co.'s N e w Flooring C o m b i n e s U n i q u e S a f e t y Features page: 19
- Amerada Hess To Build Five Catug Units At Cost Of $283,800,000 page: 20
- J.J. Henry Co., Inc. Names Gerald Jones Manager Portsmouth, Va. Office page: 20
- Savannah Machine And Shipyard Awarded $2.6-Million Contract page: 22
- Reno Spiteri Opens O f f i c e In M a l t a page: 23
- A r g o N a m e s Nietsch To Pollution Control Post page: 23
- ITT Mackay Marine Hosts Product Display And Discussion On Key Marine Communication And Navigation Issues page: 25
- Pacific Northwest Section, SNAME, Holds Annual Meeting In Union, Washington page: 26
- SeaTec International Appoints Samuel Rugh page: 27
- London To Host Two-Day Conference On Ship Propulsion page: 27
- ASNE Long Beach-Greater Los Angeles Section Discusses Corrosion Protection And Control page: 30
- El Paso Savannah Christened At Avondale Shipyards In New Orleans Joins A Fleet Of Nine LNG Tankers page: 30
- Sixth International LNG Conference Invites Proposals For Papers page: 32
- Crowley Environmental Services Appoints Operations Supervisor page: 32
- SNAME California Sections Hold Annual Joint Meeting page: 32
- Fourth Chesapeake Sailing Yacht Symposium Set For January 20 page: 34
- Avondale Shipyards' New Pipe Fabricating Facility page: 34
- American Steamship Company Elects Three Executives To Vice Presidential Posts page: 37
- Zapata Commissions Latest Of Workboats Supporting Atlantic Coast Exploration page: 37
- New 500-Ton Crandall Railway Drydock For Fairhaven, Massachusetts page: 38
- SNAME Scholarships For Graduate And Undergraduate Levels page: 39
- lotron Corporation Merges With Varo, Inc. page: 40
- New England Sections Of ASNE And MTS Discuss Submersibles page: 41
- Peterson To Build Ferry For Washington Island Ferry Line page: 41
- ASNE Southern New England Section Discusses Southeastern Connecticut's Stake In The Development Of Offshore Resources page: 42
- Joseph L. Waldvogel Joins Soros Associates page: 42
- De Laval Issues Comprehensive Brochure On Centrifugal Separators page: 42
- Foreign Nations Urged To Crack Down On Soviet Rate-Slashing page: 42