American Heavy Lift Names Admiral Peet To Board of Directors
American Heavy Lift Shipping Company recently announced the election of Vice Adm. Raymond E.
Peet, USN (retired), to its board of directors.
Highlighting Admiral Peet's active U.S. Navy career were the positions of acting Assistant Secretary of Defense for James Schlesinger (1974) and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (1972-74). The admiral's numerous field commands include Commander, First Fleet (1970-72) and Commander, Atlantic Amphibious Training Command (1968-69).
Admiral Peet is currently consultant to the president of Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical Company, and serves as a director for Cubic Corporation and Energy Factors Inc. In addition, he is serving on a volunteer basis as chairman of San Diego's Fiscal Overseers Board.
American Heavy Lift operates four Jones Act product tankers.
These vessels are currently under term charters to four major U.S oil companies involved in coastwise petroleum product transportation.
Other stories from July 1988 issue
- Stolt-Nielsen Buys Out Oiltanking's Interest In Houston Storage Terminal page: 4
- Curtis Bay Towing Changes Name page: 6
- Arthur Engel Chosen Maritime Man Of The Year page: 6
- General Thermodynamics Offers Free Literature On 300-A BMEP Balancer page: 6
- Wartsila Marine-Turku Delivers 1,800-Passenger Cruise Ship To Norwegian Cruise Line page: 7
- Watercom Names Gerald A. Motta VP, Operations page: 7
- SPD Technologies Acquires Brown Boveri Switchgear Unit page: 8
- Soundcoat Introduces Four Lightweight Vibration Damping Materials page: 9
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 10
- SNAME To Hold 1988 Ship Production Symposium In Seattle, August 24-26 page: 24
- Burmeister & Wain Christens Panamax Product Tanker page: 26
- MMS Brochures Detail Cost-Cutting Ship And Shore Management Systems page: 28
- Nichols Brothers Boat Builders Delivers 500-Passenger Catamaran page: 28
- BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NEW NAVAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM page: 31
- House Subcommittee Looks To Open Competition To Build Fourth Aegis Destroyer page: 33
- Marinette Marine Delivers First Of Seven Training Vessels page: 33
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 36
- Under Seas Defense '88 To Be Held In San Diego On October 3-6 page: 43
- Kelly Klosure Units Used By General Ship In Navy Renovation Work page: 44
- Marine Machinery Association Holds Government-Industry Forum On Ship Repair And Parts Quality page: 45
- Equitable Reopens Louisiana Shipyard To Build Coal Barges page: 49
- MarineSafety Awarded Los Angeles Port Study page: 50
- MARINE LUBRICANTS MEETING THE DEMANDS OF NEW AND UPGRADED DIESELS page: 52
- New 12-Page PBM Catalog On Multi-Port Ball Valves page: 63
- Ameron Marine Coatings Offers High-Performance Products For Steelwork Protection page: 63
- Established Canadian Firm Designs And Builds Innovative Vessels And Marine Equipment page: 63
- American Heavy Lift Names Admiral Peet To Board of Directors page: 64