SPD Technologies Acquires Brown Boveri Switchgear Unit
—Literature Available SPD Technologies, Philadelphia, Pa., recently announced the completion of its acquisition of the Navy Switchgear Division of Brown Boveri Power Equipment, Inc., based in Montgomeryville, Pa.
According to George M. Gordon, president and chief executive officer of SPD Technologies, the Navy Switchgear Division will become an operating subsidiary of SPD.
The acquisition of the Brown Boveri division solidifies SPD Technologies' position as the nation's largest developer and producer of electrical distribution and protection systems for U.S. Navy ships.
In announcing the agreement, Mr. Gordon indicated that the additional capacity to produce high-quality switchgear would enhance the cost-efficiency of the firm's overall capabilities and provide new opportunities to diversify.
The transaction marks SPD's first acquisition since becoming an independent company as a result of a management buy out from Gould Inc.
SPD Technologies is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced electronically controlled electrical systems protection equipment for military applications and other harsh operating environments.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, the company has service, repair and overhaul facilities across the U.S.
For free literature detailing the electrical systems protection equipment offered by SPD, Circle 59 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 1988 issue
- Stolt-Nielsen Buys Out Oiltanking's Interest In Houston Storage Terminal page: 4
- Curtis Bay Towing Changes Name page: 6
- Arthur Engel Chosen Maritime Man Of The Year page: 6
- General Thermodynamics Offers Free Literature On 300-A BMEP Balancer page: 6
- Wartsila Marine-Turku Delivers 1,800-Passenger Cruise Ship To Norwegian Cruise Line page: 7
- Watercom Names Gerald A. Motta VP, Operations page: 7
- SPD Technologies Acquires Brown Boveri Switchgear Unit page: 8
- Soundcoat Introduces Four Lightweight Vibration Damping Materials page: 9
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 10
- SNAME To Hold 1988 Ship Production Symposium In Seattle, August 24-26 page: 24
- Burmeister & Wain Christens Panamax Product Tanker page: 26
- MMS Brochures Detail Cost-Cutting Ship And Shore Management Systems page: 28
- Nichols Brothers Boat Builders Delivers 500-Passenger Catamaran page: 28
- BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NEW NAVAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM page: 31
- House Subcommittee Looks To Open Competition To Build Fourth Aegis Destroyer page: 33
- Marinette Marine Delivers First Of Seven Training Vessels page: 33
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 36
- Under Seas Defense '88 To Be Held In San Diego On October 3-6 page: 43
- Kelly Klosure Units Used By General Ship In Navy Renovation Work page: 44
- Marine Machinery Association Holds Government-Industry Forum On Ship Repair And Parts Quality page: 45
- Equitable Reopens Louisiana Shipyard To Build Coal Barges page: 49
- MarineSafety Awarded Los Angeles Port Study page: 50
- MARINE LUBRICANTS MEETING THE DEMANDS OF NEW AND UPGRADED DIESELS page: 52
- New 12-Page PBM Catalog On Multi-Port Ball Valves page: 63
- Ameron Marine Coatings Offers High-Performance Products For Steelwork Protection page: 63
- Established Canadian Firm Designs And Builds Innovative Vessels And Marine Equipment page: 63
- American Heavy Lift Names Admiral Peet To Board of Directors page: 64