Traylor Named General Manager Of Halter's Chicasaw Division
James T. Traylor has been appointed general manager of Halter Marine's Chickasaw, Ala., division, according to James Steadman vice president-special assignments.
Before joining Halter, Mr.
Traylor had been associated with Ingalls Shipbuilding, Pascagoula, Miss., for five years as special assistant to the president and director of division planning. Prior to that, he was associated with the Westinghouse Corporation for seven years in program management.
After graduating from the U.S.
Naval Academy, Mr. Traylor served for 27 years in the Navy.
He retired in 1969 as a captain after serving in destroyers, submarines, amphibious ships, and aircraft carriers.
Halter's Chickasaw division is currently building seven giant Catugs—the propulsion units for integrated tug/barge combinations.
Six of the 18,000-bhp vessels are being built as a subcontractor to Bethlehem Steel Corporation, while the seventh is being built for C&H Sugar. The yard also builds supply boats.
Other stories from November 15, 1980 issue
- MarAd Bid Opening On Prepositioning Vessels Postponed To January 19 page: 4
- Brown Marine Requests Title XI For Two Barges To Cost $3.6 Million Total page: 4
- Pump Test Facility Described At Hampton Roads SNAME Meeting page: 6
- Ambroseno Elected New President Of Wild Goose Association page: 6
- Graham Named New York Operations Manager for MacGregor Land & Sea page: 10
- Halter Introduces New Line Of Fire Utility Vessels page: 10
- Bethlehem-Beaumont Yard Commissions Jackup— Gets Order For Two More page: 10
- ASNE Northern New England Section Hears Gas Turbine Report page: 12
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Pilot Boats For Panama Canal page: 12
- New Tank Gauging System Has Modular Components- Literature Available page: 14
- Wasacz Named Executive Vice President For Matson Navigation page: 14
- Si-Tex Enters VHF/FM Marine Field- Literature Available page: 16
- Red Fox Industries Names Flo-Systems As Agent In California page: 16
- Alaskan-Built Drilling Rig Unveiled By VANguard Industries page: 17
- Manual Gauging System Approved By USCG & ABS —Literature Available page: 19
- $4.7-Million Spanish Navy Contract Awarded To Stewart & Stevenson page: 19
- Traylor Named General Manager Of Halter's Chicasaw Division page: 20
- Lykes Expands Freight Stations To Improve Intermodal Service page: 20
- Campbell Industries Launches Superseiner For Mexican Owner page: 22
- Cummins-Powered Pusher Tug Is First Of Three For Archway page: 22
- Woven Glass Insulation Introduced By HITCO— Literature Available page: 24
- Dunford And Wilkins Get New Management Posts At CDI Marine Company page: 24
- Hyde/Henschel Steering Failure Alarm Meets USCG And IMCO Rules page: 26
- Robert W. Maceluch Named Controller At Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 26
- New Valves Announced By Watts Regulator- Literature Available page: 28
- World-Wide Executive Helmut Sohmen Elected Chairman Of IMIF page: 28
- Trctnsway Orders Second $22-Million Trailership From Jos. L. Meyer Yard page: 29
- Combustion Gas Testers Check Boiler Efficiency —Literature Available page: 29
- Two Dredges For Private Industry Christened In New Orleans page: 30
- Dravo SteelShip To Build Two Cat-Powered Towboats For A&G Transportation page: 32
- Mexican Shipyard Orders ESAB Mechanized Panel Line page: 32
- MESCO Awarded Three Contracts To Build Offshore Equipment page: 33
- SNAME Lakes/Rivers Section Fall Meeting Held In Minnesota page: 38
- Delaware Marine's Latest Delivery Is Stern Trawler "American Eagle7 page: 38
- ABS Publishes 1980 Rules On Building And Classing Offshore Drilling Rigs page: 39
- Jotun Hosts Technical Seminar For New York-Based Shipowners page: 40
- Belcher Spill Conference Featured Prevention, Control, And Cleanup page: 40
- Cartner, Gaffney Named Director And Associate At ADI Transportation page: 41
- Long Beach-L.A. ASNE Meeting Hears Talk On Diego Garcia page: 42
- Philadelphia Section Of SNAME Hears Update On Coatings page: 44
- Newport News Shipbuilding Delivers U.S. Navy Nuclear-Powered Cruiser page: 44
- Linane Renamed General Chairman-Marine Section Of NSC page: 44
- Bird-Johnson Building New $5-Million Facility To Machine Blades page: 45
- China Shipbuilding Delivers Self-Unloading Cement Carrier page: 47
- Don Welch Succeeds Clifford O'Hara As President Of AAPA page: 47
- Huge Jacket Launching Barge For McDermott Delivered By Hitachi page: 48
- Navy's Fleet Oiler Design Described At Chesapeake SNAME page: 48
- China Licensed To Build And Install MacGregor Cargo Access Equipment page: 49
- Coastal Towing Seeks Title XI On Eight Vessels To Cost $11.7 Million Total page: 50
- Holland America Orders $135-Million Luxury Liner From French Shipyard page: 50
- HUDSHIP Reenters Towboat Market With Delivery Of 'Belgian' page: 51
- MarAd Approves Title XI For Vessels Costing $12.4 Million page: 51
- Matson Cuts Fuel Consumption page: 66