ZF Of North America Introduces ZF-FPM IRM-350 Marine Gear
ZF of North America recently announced the introduction of the model IRM-350 Reverse/Reduction Marine Transmission which complements the already extensive line of deep ratio, cast iron ZF transmissions for continuous duty applications.
The MPM Division of the ZF Group manufactures and produces this model which is targeted for the commercial fish boat and work boat markets.
A continuous duty rating of up to 409 bhp at 1800 rpm is available depending upon reduction ratio.
The maximum reduction ratio is 6.45:1. Identical ratios and full power capability in either output shaft rotation direction allows the use of identical marine transmissions and standard rotation diesel engines.
Transmissions are normally supplied with a highly elastic torsional coupling. An optional rubber block drive is available where torsional vibration is minimal and of no major significance.
The transmissions are produced with the highest precision possible, and utilize ZF/MPM designed helical gears which are carburized, hardened, and ground. The units employ modulated clutches for smooth and prompt engagement.
Positive lubrication of the clutches, gears, and bearings is assured by the heavy-duty main pump, which utilizes a suction side filter and a discharge side filter.
Clutches and gears are easily inspected by removal of the large inspection cover. Oil changes are more easily accomplished by offering two drain plug locations on either side of center. A heavy-duty bayonet-type dipstick is provided.
The compact size has been achieved through the use of rationalized engineering techniques and Cad-Cam computer-aided design programs.
Accessory groups are available with the IRM 350.
For more information and free literature from ZF of North America, Circle 21 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from January 1988 issue
- Parker Hannifin To Acquire Gull Inc. page: 5
- Marine Machinery Association Reports On Defense Mobilization Base Forum page: 6
- ITW Philadelphia Resins Offers Bulletin On Repair Compounds And Adhesives page: 7
- Free Literature Package On Port Equipment Offered By Westmont Industries page: 8
- Cruise Ship Construction Boom page: 8
- CRUISE SHIPPING 88 page: 10
- Dampa Awarded Contract To Furnish Joiner Systems page: 11
- Commander Bearings Offer Excellent Performance In Harsh Environments page: 12
- Transformation Of S.S. Monterey Into Luxury Cruise Liner Underway At Wartsila-Helsinki page: 12
- Krupp MaK Offers 28-Page Brochure On Dicare Engine Diagnosis System page: 12
- A. Edward Owen Named President And CEO, ZF Of North America page: 13
- Edger Named President Of Jered Brown Brothers page: 14
- Saab Offers N ew User Friendly System To Load And Discharge Tankers page: 14
- Free 46-Page Booklet Offered On xFlex' Electric Power Tools page: 15
- OUTSTANDING PASSENGER VESSELS OF 1987 page: 16
- OUTSTANDING WORKBOATS & MILITARY SHALLOW-DRAFT VESSELS OF 1987 page: 26
- 1988 NAPVO Annual Convention Washington, D.C., January 10-15 page: 36
- MMC Offers Free Literature On Improved xFlexi-Dip' Portable Electronic Tape page: 38
- PME Offers Eight-Page Brochure On Babbitt Bearing Repair Service page: 39
- Megasystems Introduces New Product—DOT / / PC page: 39
- The Repowering Of QE2— The Largest Diesel Power Station Afloat page: 40
- Parker Offers Literature On New General Purpose Packless, Bellows Valves page: 42
- ZF Of North America Introduces ZF-FPM IRM-350 Marine Gear page: 42
- S.P. Radio Introduces New Low-Cost, High-Quality Compact Radiotelephone page: 42
- Organizational Changes At Wagner Company page: 43
- Railway Drydocks Designed By Crandall Recently Completed And Now In Operation page: 44
- Knut Kloster Project To Build $800-Million Cruise Ship Close To Becoming Reality page: 45
- SPD Technologies Develops New Advanced Computerized Battery Monitoring System page: 45
- Literature Available On New IMO® Screw Pump page: 46
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers 48,000-Gross-Ton Car Carrier Overseas Joyce page: 50
- TTS Installs Wartsila Computer-Assisted Manufacturing System page: 51
- Furuno Introduces New Compact VHF Radiotelephone And LP-1000 Loran/Plotter page: 52
- Moss Point Acquisition By Trinity Will Consolidate Shipbuilding Functions, Improve Efficiency page: 52
- Parker Hannifin Offers Free Literature On Union Bonnet Valves page: 53
- Sea-Tex Introduces New Color Video Tract Plotter page: 54
- Repowering Of San Francisco Ferries With Detroit Diesel Engines Cuts Fuel Costs, Adds Performance page: 55
- Government To Charge Cruise Lines For Sanitary Inspections page: 56
- New Harris HF-SSB Radio Offers Operating Simplicity page: 56
- World's Largest Aluminum Crewboat Features Five Cummins Engines page: 57
- Enrollment Open For Outside Plant Telecom Corrosion Testing Course page: 57
- Miller Electric Offers The Legend AEAD-200LE Welding Generator page: 58
- Arneson Marine Relocates Eastern Regional Office To North Miami Beach, Fla. page: 59
- Schottel Rudderpropeller Systems Provide Excellent Maneuverability For New Class Of RO/RO Ferries page: 60
- Powerful Docking Tug Delivered By Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding page: 63