Furuno Introduces New Compact VHF Radiotelephone And LP-1000 Loran/Plotter
Furuno U.S.A., Inc. of South San Francisco, Calif., recently introduced a new compact VHF radiotelephone as well as a new LP-1000 Loran/plotter.
Furuno's new compact VHF radiotelephone, FM-2510, is an advanced all-channel, fully synthesized VHF/FM radiotelephone featuring 25W output and packaged in a compact, splashproof diecast aluminum cabin. It covers all U.S. and international channels, 10 U.S./Canadian weather channels, and has provision for full scan, 10-channel memory scan, and dual watch for 16 and any other channel.
The large LCD displays operating mode, selected channel and memory in use; a four-step dimmer controls LCD and touchpad backlighting.
A built-in backup battery protects all data even when the radio is turned off and optional telephone handset and external speaker are available.
The FM-2510 is the perfect full- featured VHF radio for bassboats to big boats.
For additional information and free literature on the FM-2510, Circle 54 on Reader Service Card Furuno's new LP-1000 combines a high-precision loran C receiver with a 7-inch-high resolution 512 x 400 pixel video plotter in a single, very compact cabinet. Presentation is North-Up Mercator with scaling from 1/2,000 to 1/5,000,000. The plot area can be easily expanded or contracted and memory capacity includes a 3,600-point courseline and 100 points for waypoints and events.
A ROM card stores four pages of 500-point electronic plots, equivalent to a whole day's trip for many commercial or sport fishermen.
Ten unique routes of 10 waypoints each can be memorized and a courseline can be entered into memory simply by sampling any 10 waypoints (defined by L/L, TDs, range/ bearing, events, or cursor mark).
Plot intervals can be set at 5 seconds, or as any integer-5 multiple of time or distance. The LP-1000 easily accepts input from external nav receivers, speed logs and heading sensors, and it has outputs for autopilots and printers.
For free literature giving complete information on Furuno's new LP-1000 loran/plotter, Circle 18 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from January 1988 issue
- Parker Hannifin To Acquire Gull Inc. page: 5
- Marine Machinery Association Reports On Defense Mobilization Base Forum page: 6
- ITW Philadelphia Resins Offers Bulletin On Repair Compounds And Adhesives page: 7
- Free Literature Package On Port Equipment Offered By Westmont Industries page: 8
- Cruise Ship Construction Boom page: 8
- CRUISE SHIPPING 88 page: 10
- Dampa Awarded Contract To Furnish Joiner Systems page: 11
- Commander Bearings Offer Excellent Performance In Harsh Environments page: 12
- Transformation Of S.S. Monterey Into Luxury Cruise Liner Underway At Wartsila-Helsinki page: 12
- Krupp MaK Offers 28-Page Brochure On Dicare Engine Diagnosis System page: 12
- A. Edward Owen Named President And CEO, ZF Of North America page: 13
- Edger Named President Of Jered Brown Brothers page: 14
- Saab Offers N ew User Friendly System To Load And Discharge Tankers page: 14
- Free 46-Page Booklet Offered On xFlex' Electric Power Tools page: 15
- OUTSTANDING PASSENGER VESSELS OF 1987 page: 16
- OUTSTANDING WORKBOATS & MILITARY SHALLOW-DRAFT VESSELS OF 1987 page: 26
- 1988 NAPVO Annual Convention Washington, D.C., January 10-15 page: 36
- MMC Offers Free Literature On Improved xFlexi-Dip' Portable Electronic Tape page: 38
- PME Offers Eight-Page Brochure On Babbitt Bearing Repair Service page: 39
- Megasystems Introduces New Product—DOT / / PC page: 39
- The Repowering Of QE2— The Largest Diesel Power Station Afloat page: 40
- Parker Offers Literature On New General Purpose Packless, Bellows Valves page: 42
- ZF Of North America Introduces ZF-FPM IRM-350 Marine Gear page: 42
- S.P. Radio Introduces New Low-Cost, High-Quality Compact Radiotelephone page: 42
- Organizational Changes At Wagner Company page: 43
- Railway Drydocks Designed By Crandall Recently Completed And Now In Operation page: 44
- Knut Kloster Project To Build $800-Million Cruise Ship Close To Becoming Reality page: 45
- SPD Technologies Develops New Advanced Computerized Battery Monitoring System page: 45
- Literature Available On New IMO® Screw Pump page: 46
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers 48,000-Gross-Ton Car Carrier Overseas Joyce page: 50
- TTS Installs Wartsila Computer-Assisted Manufacturing System page: 51
- Furuno Introduces New Compact VHF Radiotelephone And LP-1000 Loran/Plotter page: 52
- Moss Point Acquisition By Trinity Will Consolidate Shipbuilding Functions, Improve Efficiency page: 52
- Parker Hannifin Offers Free Literature On Union Bonnet Valves page: 53
- Sea-Tex Introduces New Color Video Tract Plotter page: 54
- Repowering Of San Francisco Ferries With Detroit Diesel Engines Cuts Fuel Costs, Adds Performance page: 55
- Government To Charge Cruise Lines For Sanitary Inspections page: 56
- New Harris HF-SSB Radio Offers Operating Simplicity page: 56
- World's Largest Aluminum Crewboat Features Five Cummins Engines page: 57
- Enrollment Open For Outside Plant Telecom Corrosion Testing Course page: 57
- Miller Electric Offers The Legend AEAD-200LE Welding Generator page: 58
- Arneson Marine Relocates Eastern Regional Office To North Miami Beach, Fla. page: 59
- Schottel Rudderpropeller Systems Provide Excellent Maneuverability For New Class Of RO/RO Ferries page: 60
- Powerful Docking Tug Delivered By Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding page: 63