Nera F 5 5 Terminal Gets Inmarsat Type Approval
Inmarsat granted full type approval to the new Nera F55 maritime communication terminal. Tailored for small to medium-sized vessels, the product completes Nera's family of Inmarsat Fleet communication solutions.
"The terminal is authorized for use and is available in all markets where Inmarsat operates," said Terje Ask Henriksen, president of Nera SatCom.
"The F55 completes Nera's family of Inmarsat Fleet solutions, which makes "always on" connectivity available to vessels of all sizes, anywhere." The Nera F55 is designed to be a flexible maritime communication solution targeted at the wide range of small and medium-sized vessels, from the coastal fleet and supply ships to coastguard vessels and larger yachts. The F55 joins F77, intended for large ships, and F33, for yachts, fishing boats and other smaller vessels, to complete Nera's full range of Inmarsat Fleet communication solutions.
The Nera F55 features voice communication and high quality ISDN connections through a compact unit with low power consumption. It is designed as a plug-and-play solution, tailored to the communication needs of medium-sized vessels. Nera F55 employs the latest Inmarsat Fleet satellite platform with its unique Mobile Packet Data Service (MPDS) capabilities. With MPDS, the communication system is permanently online, allowing quick and easy downloads, while users pay only for data transmitted and received.
Circle 1 8 9 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from September 2003 issue
- New SWATH From ACMA page: 8
- IZAR Delivers LNG Inigo Tapias page: 10
- Wallace McGeorge Modified for Deep Dredging page: 11
- Careful, Your Species May Be Non-Indigenous page: 12
- U.S. Sub Christened in "Home" Port page: 16
- HSV 2 Swift Delivered to U.S. Navy page: 17
- A Change in Course page: 18
- Univan Reports Steady Growth page: 20
- Payload Pivotal to Fast Sealift Ship page: 24
- The Chairman's Influence on Design page: 24
- The Lure of the Electric Drive page: 26
- Very Large Systems page: 27
- Generators And Synchronous Condensers page: 27
- Cat Power For Unique Boat page: 30
- MAN B&W Flexibility With Two Strokes page: 31
- "Ink" It In: WMTC a Must for Maritime Professionals page: 34
- Guido Perla: Colombian Born, American Made page: 38
- Thrane & Thrane Offers the Capsat Fleet33 page: 42
- SeaWave Family Designed for Ease of Use page: 42
- PGS Geophysical Renews With Telenor page: 43
- Nera F 5 5 Terminal Gets Inmarsat Type Approval page: 44
- Monitoring Technology...Advanced page: 45
- Outlook for Floating Production Systems page: 52
- Meyer Werft Delivers to RCCL page: 57