Carboline Company Employs Saroyan As Coatings Consultant
The Carboline Company of St.
Louis, Mo., announces the employment of John R. Saroyan as consultant for the company to assist in the research and development of new generation antifouling and antipolluting protective coatings for the marine industry.
Prior to joining Carboline in a consulting capacity, Mr. Saroyan was head of the Naval Paint Laboratory, Mare Island, Calif., the Navy's principal laboratory for paint research and development.
Mr. Saroyan is recognized throughout the world as a foremost authority on antifouling paints and coatings. He has written numerous articles and holds many patents on antifouling paints. He is the recipient of the coveted Civilian Service Award presented for his significant contribution in the antifouling field during World War ill.
Mr. Saroyan will maintain his home in Vallejo, Calif., and coordinate his work with the St. Louis Laboratory.
The Carboline Company, 350 Hanley ilndustrial Court, St. Louis, Mo. 63144, manufactures a wide range of industrial and marine protective coatings, finishes, waterproofing materials, fireproofing coatings and adhesives.
Other stories from April 1974 issue
- First Semisubmersible Rig Built On East Coast page: 6
- Dearborn-Storm Completes Sale Of Computer Portfolio page: 7
- 14 LNG Tankers Now On Order Use Gaz-Transport Design page: 8
- Carboline Company Employs Saroyan As Coatings Consultant page: 9
- Shipping Executive Predicts Oil Imports Will Triple In 1970s page: 10
- AIMS Elects Thomas B. Crowley Board Chairman page: 14
- Marathon Launches 47th Rig From Vicksburg Yard page: 18
- Propeller Club Miami Chapter Convention May 1-3 page: 20
- FMC Shipyard Sets Complete Icebreaker-Type Bow On Gas Turbine Powered Tanker page: 22
- Vancouver Shipyards Constructing Largest Building Berth In B.C. page: 26
- Sembawang Shipyard Names Ernest Ware General Manager page: 26
- Crutcher Amends License Agreement With Brown & Root page: 27
- Mobil Oil Retrofits Tankers With Coppus Inert Gas Systems page: 30
- Royal Viking Line Names Oslo Director page: 30
- Ryan & Walsh Form Stevedoring Firm For Mid-Gulf Coastal Area page: 31
- Kings Point Reports Its Scholars Program 'Progressing Well' page: 31
- Mercantile Marine Engineering Building Graving Dock For Large Ships Calling At Antwerp page: 32
- Crichton And Turnbull Named To MacGregor Centrex Board page: 32
- Hellen Speaks On Finland's Future Plans To Compete For Building Of Large Tankers page: 33
- New $30-Million Graving Dock For Electric Boat Division page: 36
- Santa Fe International Reports Earnings Up page: 37
- American-Standard Power And Controls Names Ronald Gaylord page: 38
- President Appoints Adm. Rea Commander Third USCG District page: 38
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Hears Paper On 'Carbon Fiber For Marine Structure page: 39
- FMC Appoints Barkan Director Atlantic District Office page: 39
- British Shipowner Organizations Merge page: 40
- Six Offshore Supply Vessels To Be Built In Rhode Island Yard page: 40
- Lockheed Oil Recovery Device Passes Tests Off California Coast page: 41
- First Offshore Oil Discovery Made In Canadian Arctic Sea page: 42