Crichton And Turnbull Named To MacGregor Centrex Board
Continuing the expansion of its European operations, MacGregor announces the appointments of Sir Andrew Crichton and D.E. Turnbull to the 'board of MacGregor Centrex Limited.
Based near London Airport, MacGregor Centrex is the parent company of the Group's U.K. operating companies, which are members of the International MacGregor Organisation, world leaders in the supply of sliipaccess equipment.
Joining MacGregor as a non-executive director, Sir Andrew was chairman of Overseas Containers Ltd., from its formation in 1966 until 1973. He is a member of the U.K. Chamber of Shipping Council, vice chairman of the Port of London Authority and a member of the National Freight Corporation. His other directorships include P & O, Hodge Finance Ltd., Jessel Trust ltd., Southern Ferries Ltd., and he is a member of the Court of the Chartered Bank.
Previous to his appointment as commercial director of MacGregor Centrex Ltd., Mr. Turnbull was a senior executive of the P & O Group, which he joined in 1952. After working for the Group in the Far East, he returned to the U.K. in 1965, and became development manager of the P & O General Cargo Division.
He has a B.A. degree in economics from St. John's College, Cambridge.
Other stories from April 1974 issue
- First Semisubmersible Rig Built On East Coast page: 6
- Dearborn-Storm Completes Sale Of Computer Portfolio page: 7
- 14 LNG Tankers Now On Order Use Gaz-Transport Design page: 8
- Carboline Company Employs Saroyan As Coatings Consultant page: 9
- Shipping Executive Predicts Oil Imports Will Triple In 1970s page: 10
- AIMS Elects Thomas B. Crowley Board Chairman page: 14
- Marathon Launches 47th Rig From Vicksburg Yard page: 18
- Propeller Club Miami Chapter Convention May 1-3 page: 20
- FMC Shipyard Sets Complete Icebreaker-Type Bow On Gas Turbine Powered Tanker page: 22
- Vancouver Shipyards Constructing Largest Building Berth In B.C. page: 26
- Sembawang Shipyard Names Ernest Ware General Manager page: 26
- Crutcher Amends License Agreement With Brown & Root page: 27
- Mobil Oil Retrofits Tankers With Coppus Inert Gas Systems page: 30
- Royal Viking Line Names Oslo Director page: 30
- Ryan & Walsh Form Stevedoring Firm For Mid-Gulf Coastal Area page: 31
- Kings Point Reports Its Scholars Program 'Progressing Well' page: 31
- Mercantile Marine Engineering Building Graving Dock For Large Ships Calling At Antwerp page: 32
- Crichton And Turnbull Named To MacGregor Centrex Board page: 32
- Hellen Speaks On Finland's Future Plans To Compete For Building Of Large Tankers page: 33
- New $30-Million Graving Dock For Electric Boat Division page: 36
- Santa Fe International Reports Earnings Up page: 37
- American-Standard Power And Controls Names Ronald Gaylord page: 38
- President Appoints Adm. Rea Commander Third USCG District page: 38
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Hears Paper On 'Carbon Fiber For Marine Structure page: 39
- FMC Appoints Barkan Director Atlantic District Office page: 39
- British Shipowner Organizations Merge page: 40
- Six Offshore Supply Vessels To Be Built In Rhode Island Yard page: 40
- Lockheed Oil Recovery Device Passes Tests Off California Coast page: 41
- First Offshore Oil Discovery Made In Canadian Arctic Sea page: 42