Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry
Penske GM Power, Inc. of Lodi, N.J., was host recently to some 25 New York area marine operating and engineering personnel at a Whitehall Club luncheon. Company president Eugene Enlow told guests that Penske has the desire and ability to provide service support for the marine industry.
His presentation described the company as a significant force in transportation and applied power that has continued to be responsive to customer needs through commitment and leadership.
Richard Diegnan, executive vice president, discussed Penske GM Power's facilities, products, and, most important—people. His enthusiasm was obvious when he referred to the experience and demonstrated ability of Penske service technicians in the field.
His philosophy echoed the remarks made by Mr. Enlow when he stated that "the salesman makes to first sale, but service sells the rest." Mr. Diegnan introduced Herb Towers, vice president of sales, who handled the Detroit Diesel Allison product update.
"Advanced engineering and manufacturing technologies are sure to guarantee the reliability and integrity of the world's most popular engines," he said.
Roger S. Penske, chairman and chief executive officer, was in attendance to meet with guests and reaffirm his commitment to service excellence. He pointed out numerous examples of applied technology and manufacturing ability fielded by his company throughout the world. His clear understanding of effective communication, on-going training, and customer support reflected confidence in the ability of Penske GM Power to provide the competitive edge through quality repair and lasting value, with genuine products.
Other stories from January 1984 issue
- Navy Contracts Totaling $477 Million Awarded To Avondale Shipyards page: 5
- Marinette Marine Awarded $1-Million Minesweeper Phase II Design Contract page: 5
- Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies page: 5
- Bethlehem Steel Signs Licensing Agreement For Tension Moored Platforms page: 5
- WEAKENING THE JONES ACT page: 6
- New Bath Iron Works Repair Facility Opens In Portland page: 6
- Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry page: 6
- Modern Fuel Systems Symposium page: 10
- Jacobson Delivers Shipdocking Tug 'Chessie' To Chessie System page: 10
- Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success" page: 10
- Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman page: 12
- Mobile Marine Introduces Advanced-Design Workboat page: 12
- Financing Completed For U.S. Lines Containerships Building At Daewoo Yard page: 13
- Navidyne Unveils New INMARSAT Ship Terminal —Literature Available page: 13
- Indikon Introduces New Web Deflection Indicator —Literature Available page: 14
- T C S Industrial Appointed Distributor for NABRICO —Literature Available page: 14
- Joint SNAME, IME And NYPE Meeting Discusses Use of Inexpensive Fuels page: 16
- OUTSTANDING OFFSHORE/SHALLOW-DRAFT VESSELS OF 1983 page: 18
- Michigan Wheel Awarded Navy Contract For Carrier And Oiler Propellers page: 18
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Shortens Corporate Name page: 18
- Joel Alper Appointed President Of COMSAT World Systems Division page: 18
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS First In a Series-Propulsion Equipment page: 20
- Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design page: 41
- NASSCO Begins Conversion Of First Maritime Pre-Positioning RO/RO page: 41
- New Marine Autopilots Introduced By Racal —Literature Available page: 42
- Steam Plant Optimization Topic At New York Port Engineers Meeting page: 42
- AWO SHIPYARDS AND THE JONES ACT page: 44
- BIW Chief Engineer Addresses Northern New England ASNE page: 45
- Lifeboat Quick-Drop System Unveiled By SeaTek And MCR page: 45
- Charles Garman Named Western Sales Manager For Stork-Werkspoor page: 48
- Omnithruster Establishes New Manufacturing Facility In Canada —Literature Available page: 49
- Scholarship For Panamanian Students At Kings Point Funded by Justin Bonanno page: 50
- O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles page: 51
- Epoxo Safety Coating Helps Prevent Slipping —Literature Available page: 53
- Mitsui Delivers First Of Four Bulk Carriers To Egyptian Owner page: 53
- Stork-Werkspoor Engines Will Power Exxon Tugboats page: 56
- Barge-Mounted Nine-Story Hotel Proposed By NKK page: 56
- New Design Cranes Installed On Navy's Auxiliary Drydocks page: 56
- New Fuel Management System From Pandel —Literature Available page: 63