ChevronTexaco to Operate New LNG Carrier
ChevronTexaco Shipping Co. LLC said one of its affiliates - Chevron Transport Corp. Ltd. - will serve as the operator of the North West Shelf Venture (Venture) Gas Project's newest vessel, the Northwest Swan. The vessel is currently planned to deliver LNG from the project's Western Australian operations to customers in Japan. Korea and China, as well as provide opportunities to deliver into the LNG spot market.
The membrane containment system ship was built in Korea at the Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering shipyard in Okpo. The vessel measures 941.5 ft. (287 m) long, with a beam of 142.4 ft. (43.4 m), a draft of 37.7 ft.
(11.5 m) and a capacity of 138,500 cu.
m. Participants in the North West Shelf Venture, each of whom hold an equal interest, are: Woodside Energy Ltd.
(operator); ChevronTexaco Australia Pty Ltd.; BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd.; BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd.; Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd.; and Shell Development (Australia) Proprietary Limited.
In July 2003, ChevronTexaco Global Gas was formed to commercialize the company's existing natural gas resource base and enable the creation and development of new natural gas growth opportunities worldwide. The organization includes — ChevronTexaco Natural Gas, ChevronTexaco Shipping Co., Chevron Pipe Line Co., Global Power Generation, North American Regasification Ventures and International Marketing & Business Development. ChevronTexaco is one of the world's largest producers and marketers of natural gas, producing approximately 4.4 billion cubic feet of natural gas a day.
Other stories from April 2004 issue
- Rocknes Successfully Parbuckled page: 8
- Galtex Pilots Order New Jet Boat page: 9
- Meyer Werft Delivers New RoRo-Cruise Ferry page: 10
- Bollinger Launches Innovative OSV Hull page: 12
- Port Pile Up? page: 14
- U.S. Manifest Presentation Requirements page: 17
- Terrorist and Bogus Marine Credentials page: 23
- Rig Demand in the Doldrums page: 24
- The Future is Now page: 30
- SNAME: Investing in the Future page: 32
- Offshore Prospects Keep Bollinger Busy page: 34
- Bollinger Delivers ATB for Bouchard page: 34
- ShipConstructor 2 0 0 4 used for M/V Cheramie BoTruc 38 page: 36
- Stability Software for Semi Submersible Rigs page: 38
- VT Halter: King has Company Back on Track page: 40
- Teekay Enters LNG With Tapias Acquisition page: 42
- Drewry Forecasts Strong LNG Growth page: 42
- ChevronTexaco to Operate New LNG Carrier page: 43
- ABS Addresses Tech Concerns page: 44
- Dual-fuel Diesel Engines for LNG Carriers page: 46
- Graig Extends Cooperation With Vinashin page: 49
- Teekay Seeks to Grow Suezmax Fleet page: 50
- SMT: Safe and Cost Effective Mooring page: 50
- Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA: Profits to Roll Through 2004 page: 52
- Farstad: North Sea Utilization Rates Down page: 54
- ConCat Survey Cat Trolls for Buyers page: 55
- Berge Boston Gets New Ship Security System page: 56
- Kongsberg Maritime: United, Diverse page: 57
- The Rules are About to Change page: 60
- Cool Technology page: 62
- Advanced Joint Health Service Support and Sea Basing Concept page: 64