Line Fast Announces Improved Container Securing Twist Lock
Currently, the Lever Operated Twist Lock is universally used for securing containers on deck.
Line Fast Corporation of Long Island, N.Y., one of the most progressive firms in the container securing industry, has developed an improved version of this popular device.
The Line Fast Fastloc®, as its name states, is a fast locking container securing twist lock. "The Fastloc has an anti-jamming feature for free lever operation which eliminates one of the major problems commonly encountered," a spokesman for the company said.
In the case of one and two high stows, it eliminates lashing. On three or four high stows, the new bottom locking device allows the longshoreman to install the Fastloc on the pier before lifting the container into place. This eliminates climbing, because the Fastloc can be activated by the use of a pole.
Since the lever handle is not protruding beyond the corner casting, the Fastloc can also be used to secure two containers together before placing them into the cells. There is no obstruction with the cell guide.
Another important feature is what Line Fast calls the "Dog Bone." This allows side-by-side bridging. The rated strength of each Fastloc provides an ultimate of 70,000 pounds for uplift, 110,000 pounds for shear and 140,000 pounds for compression.
The standard unit weighs only 13.6 pounds.
For more information, write to John DiMartrno, Line Fast Corporation, 805 Grundy Avenue, Holbrook, N.Y. 11741.
Read Line Fast Announces Improved Container Securing Twist Lock in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of May 15, 1977 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from May 15, 1977 issue
- Conoco And Mitsui Group Verify Feasibility Of Floating Methanol Plant page: 4
- Dravo Corporation Names M.B. Meyer And J.J. Burke page: 6
- Hitachi Zosen Creates New Ship Conversion Planning Department page: 6
- Literature Describes Solid State Salinity Indicating System page: 8
- Camlock Appoints Alexander Industries page: 9
- George Manchester Joins Uniflite, Inc. page: 9
- IHI Delivers 269,800-DWT Texaco Caribbean page: 11
- Norfolk Shipbuilding And Drydock Corporation Signs Two Multimillion-Dollar Contracts page: 11
- Donald Rumsfeld Guest Speaker At Worthington Technical Awards Dinner Honoring Young Engineers page: 12
- ASNE Pascagoula Section Hears Technical Paper On Marine Boiler Controls page: 13
- Alden Introduces FM Facsimile Recorders page: 26
- Norfolk Ship Names Richardson And Eure To New Positions —Officers Reelected page: 26
- Seabury McGown Named Uniflite's Manager Of Contracts Administration page: 28
- Seatrain Int'l Forms Saudi Container Services As Joint Venture page: 28
- Marine Concrete Forms Repair Division page: 29
- The Care And Lubrication Of Marine Diesel Engines page: 35
- St. Louis Ship Names Cumming And Storck page: 36
- Farboil Co. Appoints Maritime Supply For Southern Florida page: 36
- Line Fast Announces Improved Container Securing Twist Lock page: 37
- Columbus Line Names Two Assistant VPs page: 37
- First New York Port Navigational Aid & Communications Conference Is A Success page: 38
- Basil Rusovich Elected President Int'l Trade Mart page: 39
- New Dravo SteelShip Descriptive Brochures Now Available page: 39
- The Education Of Engineers For The Ocean Industry Is Subject Of SNAME Meeting page: 40
- Equitable Shipyards Launches Ferryboat V i r g i n i a Dare For State Of North Carolina page: 40
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Presentation On 'Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion' page: 41
- Halter Delivery To Tidewater Completes Eighty-Six Vessel Fleet Expansion Program page: 41
- EDO Corporation Names John Devine To Head International Division page: 44
- Newport News Appoints John H. McMullen Jr. page: 44
- Chesapeake Section Of SNAME Hears Papers On Propeller Cavitation And Unsteady Forces page: 45
- Gulf's Oil Recovery Vessel For Bantry Bay, Ireland Built In Rhode Island By Blount Marine page: 46
- COMSAT General Elects McLucas President- Johnson Named Chairman page: 47
- Return On Tankship Investment Subject Of N.Y. SNAME Meeting page: 48
- Sun Ship Names Schmitt Naval Architect Administrative Division page: 49
- 128 Plant Facilities Located On Waterways In Fourth Quarter '76 page: 49
- NASSCO Elects Evans Vice Pres.-Engineering page: 50
- Gulf Section SNAME Holds Annual Spring Meeting page: 50
- Two Matson Navigation Executives Trade Jobs page: 51
- Paceco Holds Third International Conference page: 51