Seabury McGown Named Uniflite's Manager Of Contracts Administration
Seabury C. McGown has been appointed to the post of manager of contracts administration for Uniflite, Inc., fiberglass boat manufacturer headquartered in Bellingham, Wash., with a second plant in Swansboro, N.C., according to John L. Thomas, president.
In his new capacity, he will be responsible for negotiating and' administering all Uniflite contract boat manufacturing, including work for the U.S. Navy and the Valiant Yacht Corporation of Seattle.
With Uniflite since 1967, Mr.
McGown served until 1975 as chief engineer with responsibility for design of the company's boats.
For the past two years, he has been manager of commercial and military sales. Before joining Uniflite, he served for 11 years in the U.S." Navy Bureau of Ships (BuShips).
A native of Cooperstown, N.Y., Mr. McGown is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.). He is a member of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, the American Boat and Yacht Council, and a committee of the American Bureau of Shipping currently preparing building and classification rules for fiberglass vessels under 200 feet.
Other stories from May 15, 1977 issue
- Conoco And Mitsui Group Verify Feasibility Of Floating Methanol Plant page: 4
- Dravo Corporation Names M.B. Meyer And J.J. Burke page: 6
- Hitachi Zosen Creates New Ship Conversion Planning Department page: 6
- Literature Describes Solid State Salinity Indicating System page: 8
- Camlock Appoints Alexander Industries page: 9
- George Manchester Joins Uniflite, Inc. page: 9
- IHI Delivers 269,800-DWT Texaco Caribbean page: 11
- Norfolk Shipbuilding And Drydock Corporation Signs Two Multimillion-Dollar Contracts page: 11
- Donald Rumsfeld Guest Speaker At Worthington Technical Awards Dinner Honoring Young Engineers page: 12
- ASNE Pascagoula Section Hears Technical Paper On Marine Boiler Controls page: 13
- Alden Introduces FM Facsimile Recorders page: 26
- Norfolk Ship Names Richardson And Eure To New Positions —Officers Reelected page: 26
- Seabury McGown Named Uniflite's Manager Of Contracts Administration page: 28
- Seatrain Int'l Forms Saudi Container Services As Joint Venture page: 28
- Marine Concrete Forms Repair Division page: 29
- The Care And Lubrication Of Marine Diesel Engines page: 35
- St. Louis Ship Names Cumming And Storck page: 36
- Farboil Co. Appoints Maritime Supply For Southern Florida page: 36
- Line Fast Announces Improved Container Securing Twist Lock page: 37
- Columbus Line Names Two Assistant VPs page: 37
- First New York Port Navigational Aid & Communications Conference Is A Success page: 38
- Basil Rusovich Elected President Int'l Trade Mart page: 39
- New Dravo SteelShip Descriptive Brochures Now Available page: 39
- The Education Of Engineers For The Ocean Industry Is Subject Of SNAME Meeting page: 40
- Equitable Shipyards Launches Ferryboat V i r g i n i a Dare For State Of North Carolina page: 40
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Presentation On 'Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion' page: 41
- Halter Delivery To Tidewater Completes Eighty-Six Vessel Fleet Expansion Program page: 41
- EDO Corporation Names John Devine To Head International Division page: 44
- Newport News Appoints John H. McMullen Jr. page: 44
- Chesapeake Section Of SNAME Hears Papers On Propeller Cavitation And Unsteady Forces page: 45
- Gulf's Oil Recovery Vessel For Bantry Bay, Ireland Built In Rhode Island By Blount Marine page: 46
- COMSAT General Elects McLucas President- Johnson Named Chairman page: 47
- Return On Tankship Investment Subject Of N.Y. SNAME Meeting page: 48
- Sun Ship Names Schmitt Naval Architect Administrative Division page: 49
- 128 Plant Facilities Located On Waterways In Fourth Quarter '76 page: 49
- NASSCO Elects Evans Vice Pres.-Engineering page: 50
- Gulf Section SNAME Holds Annual Spring Meeting page: 50
- Two Matson Navigation Executives Trade Jobs page: 51
- Paceco Holds Third International Conference page: 51