ASNE Pascagoula Section Hears Technical Paper On Marine Boiler Controls
The March 1977 meeting of the Pascagoula Section of the American Society of Naval Engineers was held at the Tiki Restaurant, Gautier, Miss. The cocktail hour was followed by a business meeting, which included a reading of the financial statement and adjustments in assignments for the president's staff. Dinner was followed with a technical presentation on marine boiler controls.
The business meeting was chaired by A.C.
LiCausi, Section chairman. The minutes of the January 25, 1977 meeting were read and approved.
Tony lacobucci, treasurer, read the treasurer's report of January 25, and advised that the Pascagoula Section's cash on hand was $520.
Mr. LiCausi stated that Don Hall would perform the functions of Membership chairman for the year 1977, and would be assisted by the following: Jake Lindgren, past chairman; Capt. William E. McGarrah, councilor; Dr. Dean Rains, councilor, Frank Burger, secretary, and Zenas Andrews, former secretary.
Publicity will be handled for the year by Mr. Burger, with assistance from Mr. Hall, Captain McGarrah, Mr. LiCausi, and Mr.
The technical paper, titled "The Evolution of Boiler Room and Engine Room Controls," was presented by John W. Dirriwachter, manager of engineering, General Regulator, Dallas, Texas. It involved a brief history of marine controls, accompanied by an extensive slide presentation concentrating heavily on the latest developments in the field of marine controls. It included a history from the 1930s, with varying developments through the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s.
Other stories from May 15, 1977 issue
- Conoco And Mitsui Group Verify Feasibility Of Floating Methanol Plant page: 4
- Dravo Corporation Names M.B. Meyer And J.J. Burke page: 6
- Hitachi Zosen Creates New Ship Conversion Planning Department page: 6
- Literature Describes Solid State Salinity Indicating System page: 8
- Camlock Appoints Alexander Industries page: 9
- George Manchester Joins Uniflite, Inc. page: 9
- IHI Delivers 269,800-DWT Texaco Caribbean page: 11
- Norfolk Shipbuilding And Drydock Corporation Signs Two Multimillion-Dollar Contracts page: 11
- Donald Rumsfeld Guest Speaker At Worthington Technical Awards Dinner Honoring Young Engineers page: 12
- ASNE Pascagoula Section Hears Technical Paper On Marine Boiler Controls page: 13
- Alden Introduces FM Facsimile Recorders page: 26
- Norfolk Ship Names Richardson And Eure To New Positions —Officers Reelected page: 26
- Seabury McGown Named Uniflite's Manager Of Contracts Administration page: 28
- Seatrain Int'l Forms Saudi Container Services As Joint Venture page: 28
- Marine Concrete Forms Repair Division page: 29
- The Care And Lubrication Of Marine Diesel Engines page: 35
- St. Louis Ship Names Cumming And Storck page: 36
- Farboil Co. Appoints Maritime Supply For Southern Florida page: 36
- Line Fast Announces Improved Container Securing Twist Lock page: 37
- Columbus Line Names Two Assistant VPs page: 37
- First New York Port Navigational Aid & Communications Conference Is A Success page: 38
- Basil Rusovich Elected President Int'l Trade Mart page: 39
- New Dravo SteelShip Descriptive Brochures Now Available page: 39
- The Education Of Engineers For The Ocean Industry Is Subject Of SNAME Meeting page: 40
- Equitable Shipyards Launches Ferryboat V i r g i n i a Dare For State Of North Carolina page: 40
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Presentation On 'Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion' page: 41
- Halter Delivery To Tidewater Completes Eighty-Six Vessel Fleet Expansion Program page: 41
- EDO Corporation Names John Devine To Head International Division page: 44
- Newport News Appoints John H. McMullen Jr. page: 44
- Chesapeake Section Of SNAME Hears Papers On Propeller Cavitation And Unsteady Forces page: 45
- Gulf's Oil Recovery Vessel For Bantry Bay, Ireland Built In Rhode Island By Blount Marine page: 46
- COMSAT General Elects McLucas President- Johnson Named Chairman page: 47
- Return On Tankship Investment Subject Of N.Y. SNAME Meeting page: 48
- Sun Ship Names Schmitt Naval Architect Administrative Division page: 49
- 128 Plant Facilities Located On Waterways In Fourth Quarter '76 page: 49
- NASSCO Elects Evans Vice Pres.-Engineering page: 50
- Gulf Section SNAME Holds Annual Spring Meeting page: 50
- Two Matson Navigation Executives Trade Jobs page: 51
- Paceco Holds Third International Conference page: 51