Literature Describes Solid State Salinity Indicating System
A new compact and low-priced Galbraith Pilot-Marine Solid State Salinity Indicating Panel designed to measure and monitor the amount of salt or chlorides dissolved in water is being marketed by Marine Electric RPD, Inc., 166 National Road, Edison, N.J.
The GPM Salinity Indicating Panel incorporates a solid-state design and should prove extremely valuable in the field of water purification and treatment. The unit is equipped with a remotely installed sensing cell and constantly constantly monitors the saline concentration.
Local and remote alarms are triggered when the salinity concentration reaches a preset level. The unit also automatically dumps contaminated fluids during alarm conditions.
Among the many features of the GPM new Salinity Indicating Panel are its high accuracy due to automatic temperature compensation and a built-in voltage control regulator which keeps readings accurately during powerline variations. The unit, which can be flush and bulkhead mounted, provides meter readings in grains per gallon, parts per million or thousand, equivalents per million and megohms per cubic centimeter micromohms.
The GPM Salinity Indicating Panel, which is totally enclosed in a die-cast frame with front panel resistant to abrasion, requires no maintenance and should prove valuable for use with evaporators and saline water conversion plants, boiler feed and condensate systems, reactor systems and powerplants.
Literature describing this new GPM Salinity Indicating Panel is available from Robert Sterns, Marine Electric RPD, Inc., 166 National Road, Edison, N.J. 08817.
Other stories from May 15, 1977 issue
- Conoco And Mitsui Group Verify Feasibility Of Floating Methanol Plant page: 4
- Dravo Corporation Names M.B. Meyer And J.J. Burke page: 6
- Hitachi Zosen Creates New Ship Conversion Planning Department page: 6
- Literature Describes Solid State Salinity Indicating System page: 8
- Camlock Appoints Alexander Industries page: 9
- George Manchester Joins Uniflite, Inc. page: 9
- IHI Delivers 269,800-DWT Texaco Caribbean page: 11
- Norfolk Shipbuilding And Drydock Corporation Signs Two Multimillion-Dollar Contracts page: 11
- Donald Rumsfeld Guest Speaker At Worthington Technical Awards Dinner Honoring Young Engineers page: 12
- ASNE Pascagoula Section Hears Technical Paper On Marine Boiler Controls page: 13
- Alden Introduces FM Facsimile Recorders page: 26
- Norfolk Ship Names Richardson And Eure To New Positions —Officers Reelected page: 26
- Seabury McGown Named Uniflite's Manager Of Contracts Administration page: 28
- Seatrain Int'l Forms Saudi Container Services As Joint Venture page: 28
- Marine Concrete Forms Repair Division page: 29
- The Care And Lubrication Of Marine Diesel Engines page: 35
- St. Louis Ship Names Cumming And Storck page: 36
- Farboil Co. Appoints Maritime Supply For Southern Florida page: 36
- Line Fast Announces Improved Container Securing Twist Lock page: 37
- Columbus Line Names Two Assistant VPs page: 37
- First New York Port Navigational Aid & Communications Conference Is A Success page: 38
- Basil Rusovich Elected President Int'l Trade Mart page: 39
- New Dravo SteelShip Descriptive Brochures Now Available page: 39
- The Education Of Engineers For The Ocean Industry Is Subject Of SNAME Meeting page: 40
- Equitable Shipyards Launches Ferryboat V i r g i n i a Dare For State Of North Carolina page: 40
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Hears Presentation On 'Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion' page: 41
- Halter Delivery To Tidewater Completes Eighty-Six Vessel Fleet Expansion Program page: 41
- EDO Corporation Names John Devine To Head International Division page: 44
- Newport News Appoints John H. McMullen Jr. page: 44
- Chesapeake Section Of SNAME Hears Papers On Propeller Cavitation And Unsteady Forces page: 45
- Gulf's Oil Recovery Vessel For Bantry Bay, Ireland Built In Rhode Island By Blount Marine page: 46
- COMSAT General Elects McLucas President- Johnson Named Chairman page: 47
- Return On Tankship Investment Subject Of N.Y. SNAME Meeting page: 48
- Sun Ship Names Schmitt Naval Architect Administrative Division page: 49
- 128 Plant Facilities Located On Waterways In Fourth Quarter '76 page: 49
- NASSCO Elects Evans Vice Pres.-Engineering page: 50
- Gulf Section SNAME Holds Annual Spring Meeting page: 50
- Two Matson Navigation Executives Trade Jobs page: 51
- Paceco Holds Third International Conference page: 51