2-Volume Research Report, 'Ship Performance Analysis System' Now Available
The Maritime Administration has announced the publication of a twovolume research report, "Ship Performance Analysis System (SPAN)." The report describes the development of a microcomputer software program for determining the best hull and propeller surface vessel. It operates on an IBM-PC/XT or compatible computer.
The study team was headed by John J. McMullen Associates, Inc.
Also participating were two U.S.- flag vessel operators, Titan Navigation, Inc. and Tanker Management, Inc., and two marine coatings manufacturers— Devoe Marine Coatings Co. and International Paint Co.
McMullen was responsible for managing the project and developing and documenting the SPAN system.
The ship operators and paint manufacturers assisted in the development of data.
The system analyses factors affecting ship performance and combines this with a financial analysis to evaluate alternative hull coating systems and propeller cleaning strategies.
Copies of the report may be obtained from the National Technical Information Service, 5285 Port Royal Road, Springfield, Va. 22161.
The order numbers and prices are as follows: Executive Summary, PB86-169554/AS, $9.95; User's Manual, PB86-169562/AS, $22.95.
SPAN computer programs are available on diskettes from J.J.
McMullen. For information on how to order, Circle 4 1 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 1986 issue
- Texaco Signs Globtik Ship Management Contract page: 5
- National AirOil Introduces Portable Burner Ignitor page: 5
- Hitachi Zosen Delivers High-Speed Containership To Highness Maritime page: 6
- Moss Point Marine Lays Keel For First Of Two Navy Landing Craft page: 6
- Haggett Chairman Of Shipbuilders Council— Schaefer Is Vice Chairman page: 7
- SNAME SPRING MEETING/ STAR SYMPOSIUM page: 8
- Hyundai Launches Advanced Aker Semisubmersible Drilling Rig page: 11
- Radio-Holland To Distribute Anschuetz Products In U . S. page: 14
- John Crane Schedules 'Mechanical Maintenance S k i l l s ' Seminar Programs page: 15
- Bailey Supplies Control System For World's Largest Submersible Derrick Barge page: 16
- PSMA Elects Board Of Directors For 1986 page: 18
- Moran Towing Appoints Kenneth S. Johnson Chief Harbor Dispatcher page: 18
- Taylor Diving Receives Contracts From Shell, Mobil page: 19
- 2-Volume Research Report Now Available On Fuel Efficient Vessel Operations page: 19
- Grandi Motori To Unveil Diesel Engine Designs page: 20
- Bailey Offers Technical Paper On Better Combustion Control page: 20
- Navy Acquisition Streamlining Topic At Hampton Roads SNAME page: 22
- Adams & Porter Elects Three New Executives page: 22
- IMA To Publish Report On Navy Ship Systems Market page: 22
- Racal Marine Moves To New Headquarters In Cranford, N.J. page: 23
- New McAllister Tractor Tug Inaugurates Jacksonville Service page: 24
- Alaska Barge Lines Begins New Service page: 26
- Coast Guard Admiral Urges More Input From The Marine Community page: 26
- Imperial Receives Order For 500 Survival Suits page: 27
- Todd Chairman To Retire In July; Board Nominates New Chairman And President page: 28
- Free Literature Offered On New NABRICO Hand Winch page: 28
- NEWPORT NEWS MARKS 100 YEARS OF SHIPBUILDING LEADERSHIP page: 29
- CDI Offshore Appoints Payne And Domingue To Management Positions page: 37
- BFGoodrich Offers Brochure On Cutless Line Of Rubber Bearings page: 37
- POSIDONIA '86 INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING EXHIBITION page: 38
- S h i p b u i l d i n g And Ocean Engineering Conference In H e l s i n k i — S e p t . 7 - 10 page: 41
- Bardex Receives Contract For Rig Skidding S y s t em F r om Shell U . K. page: 41
- Centrico Manufactures High-Tech Centrifuges page: 41
- A Report On The Yugoslav Shipbuilding Industry page: 42
- Unique Slipway Launch Of Aft Part Of Hull Performed At 3.Maj Yard page: 42
- 2-Volume Research Report, 'Ship Performance Analysis System' Now Available page: 43
- Baker Named President Of WATERCOM page: 44
- Sperry To Market Puroflow Power-Line Filters page: 45
- New Racal Survey And Dredge Control System page: 48
- GALAX Offers New Free Literature On Kit-Assembled Marine Control Consoles page: 48
- Russellstoll Engineers Gain Patent For Fluorescent Lamp-Locking Device page: 49
- Cummins-Powered Empress Launched By Serodino, Inc. page: 49
- Hardware Specialty Offers Complete Shipbuilding Fastener And Hardware Line page: 52
- Full-Color Brochure On 150-Ton Mobile Boat Hoist From Marine Travelift page: 52
- Sail Freight International Offers Design For Auxiliary Wind Propulsion page: 52
- New Simulator Training Complex For U.S. Navy page: 53
- CCA Holds Meeting, Appoints Officers page: 53
- Omnithrusters installed In Variety Of Canadian Government Vessel Types page: 59
- Valmet Opens New Engineering Office In Calgary, Canada page: 59
- Woodward Offers Brochures On Turbine Modernization And Cogeneration Process page: 59
- EG&G Receives New 3-Year Navy Contract For Program Support page: 59
- NABRICO Constructs 2 Dump Scows For Panama Canal Commission page: 63
- Tri-Tex Introduces New Video Medcare First Responder® System page: 63
- J.J. Henry Announces Key Executive Appointments page: 63