Munson M a n u f a c t u r i n g Delivers V o l v o - P o w e r e d Pilot Boat
Boat Designed For Heavy Seas Beyond San Francisco's Golden Gate Munson Manufacturing, based in Edmonds, Wash., has delivered a new 35-foot pilot boat to the San Francisco Bar Pilots Association, which was specially designed for the heavy seas beyond San Francisco's Golden Gate. The Hammerhead type vessel is now in service picking up pilots who guide larger vessels in and out of San Francisco Bay.
The boat is propelled by a pair of Volvo AQAD41 engines with Volvo 290 dual props. The power steerage package incorporates a Morse rotary cable helm and steering cable and Volvo power steering. Propulsion guidance involves a Morse MT-2 dual engine, single lever control.
Morse controls are also installed at a second, remote control station at the dive door.
The engine room was insulated with Barrier 104, and the whole vessel utilizes sprayed foam for insulation and flotation. Engine spaces are protected by a Firelay manual halon system.
Electrical power underway is provided by the engine-driven 24-vdc system through a BIC breaker panel.
A Marinco 30-amp shore power inlet also was provided. Lights on the boat include the Warn-A-Light Model 851 white strobe on the roof, Jabsco 14780 150-amp quartz floodlights, Perko 2-1/2-inch mast and pole light, Jabsco remote spotlight, Heller navigation lights, Morse docking light, and Guest 807-2R dome lights.
Cabin windows encompass a three-section windshield, four sliding windows, and two fixed windows aft. Sea Glaze provided a watertight cabin door. The enclosed head is from Rariton Crown and discharges into a 20-gallon flush, fill, and vent freshwater system uses Jabsco pressure water pump.
Electronics in the vessel include a RAY 410 loud hailer with outside speaker, Robertson AB100DL autopilot with an F100 remote at the dive door; Furuno FR 803-D radar; and a rack is provided for five handheld radios.
For free literature fully detailing the boatbuilding services and facilities of Munson Manufacturing, Circle 31 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from August 1988 issue
- SPD Technologies Awarded Canadian Navy Contract page: 5
- NATIONAL WATERWAYS CONFERENCE TO HOLD 1988 ANNUAL MEETING IN NASHVILLE page: 6
- Barge Line Cuts Costs A n d Improves O p e r a t i n g Efficiency By Using Vessel M a n a g e m e n t System page: 9
- Gulf C r a f t Delivers 150-Passenger Party Fishing Boat page: 9
- M e y e r W e r f t S h i p y a r d Delivers Luxury Liner C r o w n Odyssey For Royal Cruise Line page: 12
- MXD 400 Range Of Oils Discussed In Free Color Brochure From Castrol page: 13
- Peterson Builders Launches Their Fourth M C M For U.S. N a vy page: 14
- Deutz M W M Offers Diesel Engines For Propulsion, Power G e n e r a t i on A b o a r d N a v a l Vessels page: 15
- A REPORT O N EUROPEAN SHIPBUILDING page: 16
- Indal Technologies Wins $10-Million Patrol Frigate Contract page: 18
- Under Seas Defense '88 To Be Held In San Diego On October 3-6 page: 19
- Level Switches For Use In 55-Gallon Drums Available In 3 Versions From GEMS page: 19
- Wallenius Transferring Large Car Carrier To U.S. Flag page: 20
- Trinity Marine Group To Build 110-Foot Harbor Tug For Chevron page: 21
- OUTSTANDING SHALLOW-DRAFT PASSENGER VESSELS page: 22
- E.N. Bisso And Son Add Powerful Tug To Fleet page: 27
- Stauff Introduces New Full-Port High-Pressure Ball Valve page: 27
- N e w p o r t N e w s A w a r d ed Contracts Totaling $ 3 . 7 Billion To Construct T w o Carriers page: 28
- Patti S h i p y a r d Delivers 1 , 2 0 0 - P a s s e n g e r Riverboat To Robert's River Rides page: 28
- Ulstein Converts Containership To Fish Factory T r a w l er For U.S. Owner page: 29
- M A N B & W Diesel To Power Chandris Luxury Cruise Liner Being Built By M e y e r W e r ft page: 30
- Bird-Johnson Acquires Columbian Bronze Stainless Steel Propeller Patterns page: 33
- Kiene Diesel Accessories Offers Free Literature On Products page: 33
- Rados International Finalizes Design Converting Seiner Into Oceanographic Research Vessel page: 34
- New Brochure From Hitco Outlines Asbestos-Free Insulation Textiles page: 34
- New Powerful Icebreaker Under Construction At Gotaverken Arendal page: 37
- Textron Marine Collaborates With Swedish Company To Build High-Speed Passenger Ferries page: 37
- Circle Seal Offers New Safety Relief Valve For Pressures To 200 PSI page: 38
- Matatec Appoints Marindustry North American Representative For China State Shipbuilding page: 42
- U.S. N a v y Frigate I n g r a h am Launched By Todd Pacific Shipyards page: 43
- MarineSafety Conducts Trident Team Training For USN With Simulators page: 43
- MHI To Construct Biggest Cruise Ship Ever Built In Japan page: 43
- N e w Fuel-Saving, Cost-Cutting C o m p u t e r i z e d System For W o r k b o a ts O f f e r e d By A d v a n c e d Control Systems page: 43
- W a r t s i l a V a s a 4 6 M a i n Engines To Power UBC's N e w R O / R O Vessel Building At HHI In Korea page: 44
- Munson M a n u f a c t u r i n g Delivers V o l v o - P o w e r e d Pilot Boat page: 44