David Parrot To Head New Aldenships Division Of John G. Alden Firm
For the past several years, John G. Alden of Florida has been increasing its sales activity in the offshore tug and barge market. The increases have been primarily due to the knowledge and efforts of David Parrot, a 14- year veteran of the Alden organization.
Alden was founded in 1909 by John G. Alden, Boston naval architect and builder.
To handle the increased volume, Alden of Florida president Frank Atlass has formed a separate Aldenships division, with Mr. Parrot as vice president and general manager. Joining Mr.
Parrot will be Henry Reynolds Jr., most recently with Eller & Co. Mr.
Reynold's experience fits well with the primary thrust of Aldenships business, which is foreign we have the big stick.
38D8-1/8 series opposed piston engines can deliver 700 to 4,200 horsepower. No one else comes even close.
So the next time you see a marine diesel manufacturer waving flags and shouting about superiority, don't be fooled.
They have to talk loudly... they don't have the Pielstick. We do.
To receive engineering data on our marine engines write or call Colt Industries, Fairbanks Morse Engine Division, Beloit, W1 53511 (608) 364-4411.
Colt Industries @ Write 425 on Reader Service Card Fairbanks Morse Engine Division and U.S. tugs, barges, and specialty vessels.
Aldenships headquarters is at 2182 S.E. 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 33316; (305) 525- 0582, telex 510 955 9788.
Other stories from June 15, 1981 issue
- SPC Coatings Combat Rising Fuel Costs- Literature Available page: 5
- Ryan-Walsh Bulk Terminal In New Orleans Resumes Coal-Handling Operations page: 5
- National Marine Service Adds Sixth Drydock At Its Harvey Shipyard page: 6
- General Ship Expands Its Facilities In South Boston page: 6
- Floating Doughnut Crane Shown At Shugart Crane Conference page: 7
- RCA Opens Marine Services Office In Morgan City, La. page: 8
- Hans Schaefer Succeeds Arthur Stout As President Of Todd Shipyards page: 8
- David Parrot To Head New Aldenships Division Of John G. Alden Firm page: 9
- Edward Walsh Named Asst VP And Controller At J.J. Henry Company page: 9
- Second Occidental Tug/Barge Unit Christened At Avondale Yard page: 10
- Megasystems To Provide Automation Package For Southern-Built Dredge page: 10
- Interlake's 'De Lancey' Christened- Longest Vessel On The Great Lakes page: 12
- Dravo Negotiating To Buy Operating Assets Of Nilo Barge Line From Olin page: 14
- Brochure Available On Foster Wheeler Boilers And Auxiliary Equipment page: 14
- Vincent Ferraro Named Estimating VP For Savannah Shipyard page: 15
- Paceco Container Crane Arrives At Massport's Castle Island Terminal page: 15
- NASSCO Lays Keel Of First In Series Of Product Carriers For American Tankships page: 16
- Bay Shipbuilding Completes EMD-Powered Columbia Star page: 16
- Bryant Named Manager Of McGraw-Edison's New Marine Marketing Dept. page: 17
- Three New Technical Reports Available From Ship Structure Committee page: 17
- Penske Offers Brochure On Diesels/Gas Turbines For Marine/Offshore Power page: 18
- Subsidy Approved On USL Conversion Job To Cost $5.3 Million page: 18
- Consolidated Inland Opens East Division Office— R.R. Simms Named Manager page: 18
- El Paso Promotes Three- Harry Ray Named VP Of El Paso Marine page: 18
- Serrie Joins Levingston As VP Of Operations page: 19
- lotron Conducts ARPA Demonstration In New York City page: 20
- First Of Five Hydrofoil Combatants Launched By Boeing Marine Systems page: 20
- Levingston Reorganized— Barrios, Covington And Wise To Head Three Units page: 22
- B IW Awarded $247-Million Navy Contract To Build Three Missile Frigates page: 24
- North Florida Shipyards Appoints Three—White Named Production Manager page: 25
- Captain Barry Roberts Named CO Of USCG's Curtis Bay Shipyard page: 25
- James Retert Joins Waukesha Engine As Director Of Marketing page: 27
- New U.S. Built Coal-Fired Ship To Be Powered By G.E. Steam Turbine page: 27
- Wasacz Succeeds Gray As President Of Matson Navigation page: 28
- Bel-Aire Yard To Build Two Tuna Seiners At Total Cost Of $20 Million page: 29
- Washburn & Doughty Delivers Combination Scalloper-Dragger page: 34
- GE-Powered Product Carrier For Union Oil Christened At NASSCO page: 34
- South Jersey Port Orders Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Crane From Kocks page: 35
- RORO81 PREVIEW page: 39
- First Of Three Waterman Combination Carriers Features Largest MacGregor Stern Ramp page: 40
- Canadian Yards And Government Speed Up Shipbuilding Training page: 41
- EDO Gets $3.9-Million Navy Award To Improve Existing ASW System page: 42
- Barber Steamship Lines Names Steven Roberts Assistant Vice President page: 43
- Navy Awards $276-Million Contract To Todd For Three Additional FFGs page: 43
- Promet Gets $60-Million Order For Drill Rig For Sedco Incorporated page: 44
- First Aegis Missile Cruiser Christened At Ingalls Yard page: 58
- Blount Delivers Commuter Boat To Fire Island Ferries page: 58