Management Promotions For Rigdon, Dowie & Cox Announced By Zapata
Three managers have been named to new positions with Zapata Gulf Marine Corporation's domestic operations, Kenneth W. Waldorf, Zapata Gulf chairman and chief executive officer, has announced.
Larry T. Rigdon has been named vice president-domestic operations with responsibility for the Gulf of Mexico and North America, including Alaska. Tom Dowie has been appointed manager-traffic and marketing, and Wally Cox has been named sales manager-domestic operations/Gulf of Mexico. Mr.
Cox is based in Houston headquarters, the others are located in the Harvey, La., office.
Prior to his appointment, Mr.
Rigdon served two years as vice president-domestic operations for the Gulf Fleet Marine Corporation.
Gulf Fleet merged with Zapata Marine Service and Jackson Marine to form Zapata Gulf in late 1984. Mr.
Rigdon joined Gulf Fleet in 1976 as administration manager-Egypt. He transferred to New Orleans in 1978 as controller, and was named supply vessel manager in 1979. He was appointed division manager-Mexico in 1981.
Mr. Dowie formerly served with Gulf Fleet for two years as managertraffic with responsibility for all the company's vessels. From 1976 to 1983 he was traffic manager for offshore tugs based in New Orleans.
Mr. Cox joined Gulf Fleet in 1977 as a sales representative based in Lafayette, La. In 1981 he was promoted to domestic sales manager with responsibility for marketing and sales of all Gulf Fleet vessels in domestic waters, including Alaska.
Prior to joining Gulf Fleet, he served as area manager for W-K-M Valves in Lafayette, La.
With a fleet of 317 vessels, Houston- based Zapata Gulf Marine Corporation is the largest operator of oilfield service and supply boats in the world.
Other stories from August 1985 issue
- Houston Ship Repair Reactivates 40-Year-Old Hattiesburg Victory page: 5
- Cybernet Introduces Multi-Scan, High-Tech VHF-FM Radiotelephone page: 5
- Navy Announces Homeport Sites In Gulf Coast Area page: 5
- Hunt Associates And Gladding-Hearn Collaborate On Pilot Boat Design page: 6
- Johnson-Duramax Stuffing Boxes Make Packing Changes Easier page: 6
- Versatile FPSO Manifold System Eliminates Fluid Swivels page: 7
- Consolidation Of Chevron And Gulf Fleets Announced page: 7
- Murdock Engineering Introduces New Tension System Design page: 7
- Joseph Cuneo Elected Board Chairman & CEO Of J.J. Henry Co., Inc. page: 8
- Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers page: 8
- Reagan Nominates Navy's First Space And Warfare Systems Commander page: 8
- Total Transportation Systems Acquires Kenmark page: 8
- New Navigation System From Odin Electronics page: 8
- Free Brochure On Piston And Plunger Pumps From Cat Pumps page: 9
- Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia page: 10
- Unique Controllers Operate Cargo Area HVAC System On New MPS page: 10
- Pfeiffer And Military Sealift Command To Receive AOTOS Awards page: 11
- Great Lakes International To Spend Over $30 Million On Dredge —Bids To Be Taken On Another page: 11
- Halter Delivers Rocket Booster Recovery Vessel 'Independence' page: 11
- Australia Plans To Build Diesel-Electric Submarines Of European Design page: 11
- Arnessen Offers Full-Color Brochure On Atlas-Danmark Freshwater Generators page: 11
- COAST GUARD USER TAXES: UNTIMELY AND UNWISE page: 12
- 'FUEL SAV-R —New Fuel Monitor From National Control Systems page: 12
- Wartsila Vasa 32 Engine In Demand For New Generation Drilling Rigs page: 12
- Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France page: 13
- General Electric To Supply Machinery Control System For Navy Destroyer Burke page: 14
- Racai Wins Contract From State Of Louisiana For Marine Simulator page: 14
- Unitor Announces Two N e w Services For Marine Refrigeration page: 15
- Pettit Paint Expands Antifoulings Market Base page: 15
- NASSCO Announces Three Key Executive Appointments page: 16
- OFFSHORE EUROPE 85 Exhibition & Conference page: 16
- INLAND WATERWAYS/ GREAT LAKES YARDS Review page: 18
- Omnipure Opens New Headquarters And Plant In Sugar Land, Texas page: 26
- Siess Will Chair NOIA's Pro-Leasing Task Force page: 26
- W i l l i am M. Lechler Joins Sumitomo Machinery Corp. page: 28
- Anderson Named President Of Raytheon Marine European Operations page: 28
- NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle page: 29
- Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary page: 29
- Great Lakes Firm Offers Extensive Inventory Of Marine Equipment Spare Parts page: 30
- Cruise Yacht Ponce De Leon Now Being Built At Marine Fabricators For Florida Gulf Coast Corporation page: 30
- NICOR And Sonat Subsea Form Gulf Joint Venture page: 32
- Hydraulic Pump Offers Up To 21,300 PSI Pressure page: 32
- McDermott Elects B a r r ow To Board Of Directors page: 34
- D i l l i n g h am M a r i t i m e Forms N e w U n i t — V a n Dawark Named Executive VP page: 34
- Heale Named President Of Oceanroutes To Succeed Snideman page: 35
- N e w Positions For Three Managers Announced By Zapata Gulf Marine page: 35
- Hudson Joins North American Towing As Special Representative page: 36
- Oil Monitor/Separator Allows Operators To Meet MARPOL 7 3 / 7 8 Ruling page: 36
- Free Brochure On Newco Marine Valves Offered By Newman's page: 37
- Bailey Technical Center Opens In Beijing, China page: 37
- Wager Announces New Diesel Exhaust Meter page: 37
- Free 32-Page Full-Color Brochure Details Hagglunds Cargo Cranes page: 37
- Luxury Cruise Liner 'Holiday' Delivered By Aalborg Shipyard page: 38
- Unaflex Introduces 'Supreme' Tapered Expansion Joints page: 38
- Carrier Transicold Donates Air Conditioning Units To Cousteau Vessel page: 38
- Management Promotions For Rigdon, Dowie & Cox Announced By Zapata page: 39
- Energy-Saving Tanker 'Manitou' Delivered By Lindenau Shipyard page: 40
- Alfa-Laval Introduces Nirex Distiller For Smaller Vessels page: 40
- Tidewater Adopts $40-Million Capital Expenditure Budget For Fiscal 1986 page: 41
- WABCO Offers Free Brochure On HelmMaster® Control Systems page: 44
- John Crane Bulletin Describes New Compact Package Seals page: 44
- Hayward Expands Duplex Basket Strainer Line page: 44
- Mark Controls Expands SD Butterfly Control Valve Line page: 45
- Shipbuilding Standards Groups Seeking Participants page: 45
- Johnson-Duramax Bearings Offer Performance Advantages page: 51
- BMEP Balancer Used To Increase Fuel Efficiency In Diesels page: 54
- System For Renovating Floors Described In N e w Brochure page: 54