Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary
Ralph Helm, president of The Manitowoc Company, Inc., Manitowoc, Wise., has announced that six key people have joined the company's recently formed subsidiary, Manitex Inc. of McAllen, Texas. All six have had extensive experience and are well known in the offshore market.
Fred Oprendek, marketing consultant, has been in the top management of offshore hydraulic crane companies for the past seven years, and prior to that served in positions of plant operations manager and chief engineer.
Earle Bares, director of engineering, has been involved with offshore products for the past 10 years, including hydraulic cranes and drilling equipment, in positions of engineering director and product manager.
Jeff Kennan, project engineer, has held positions as designer, project engineer and industrial engineer with firms building hydraulic offshore cranes, water blasters, power transmission equipment, and hydraulic drilling equipment.
Richard Kriefeldt, project engineer, has had 19 years' experience designing pedestal hydraulic cranes, winches, water blasters and pneumatic tools.
Dennis Werner, project engineer, had 12 years' experience in design engineering prior to over 10 years in crane engineering and quality control.
Lon Miller, records manager, has over 12 years' experience in export documentation, technical and maintenance manuals, and production scheduling, all in the offshore crane market.
In addition to serving as president of Manitowoc, Mr. Helm will also serve as president of Manitex Inc.
Frank Stevens, general counsel for Manitowoc, will serve as secretary- treasurer.
The newly formed Texas corporation will design, manufacture and market a new line of hydraulic lattice boom cranes with capacities from 15 to 150 tons and hydraulic box boom cranes with capacities from 10 to 70 tons.
Manufacturing is scheduled to be done in McAllen, Texas and Reynosa, Mexico. Sales offices will be located in The Woodlands, Texas.
First models of the new line are planned to be on the market in late fall of 1985, with distribution, parts and service provided through an established worldwide distributor organization.
The parent corporation, The Manitowoc Company, Inc., has designed, manufactured and marketed construction cranes for over 60 years, and has designed and built ships and barges for over 80 years.
Other stories from August 1985 issue
- Houston Ship Repair Reactivates 40-Year-Old Hattiesburg Victory page: 5
- Cybernet Introduces Multi-Scan, High-Tech VHF-FM Radiotelephone page: 5
- Navy Announces Homeport Sites In Gulf Coast Area page: 5
- Hunt Associates And Gladding-Hearn Collaborate On Pilot Boat Design page: 6
- Johnson-Duramax Stuffing Boxes Make Packing Changes Easier page: 6
- Versatile FPSO Manifold System Eliminates Fluid Swivels page: 7
- Consolidation Of Chevron And Gulf Fleets Announced page: 7
- Murdock Engineering Introduces New Tension System Design page: 7
- Joseph Cuneo Elected Board Chairman & CEO Of J.J. Henry Co., Inc. page: 8
- Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers page: 8
- Reagan Nominates Navy's First Space And Warfare Systems Commander page: 8
- Total Transportation Systems Acquires Kenmark page: 8
- New Navigation System From Odin Electronics page: 8
- Free Brochure On Piston And Plunger Pumps From Cat Pumps page: 9
- Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia page: 10
- Unique Controllers Operate Cargo Area HVAC System On New MPS page: 10
- Pfeiffer And Military Sealift Command To Receive AOTOS Awards page: 11
- Great Lakes International To Spend Over $30 Million On Dredge —Bids To Be Taken On Another page: 11
- Halter Delivers Rocket Booster Recovery Vessel 'Independence' page: 11
- Australia Plans To Build Diesel-Electric Submarines Of European Design page: 11
- Arnessen Offers Full-Color Brochure On Atlas-Danmark Freshwater Generators page: 11
- COAST GUARD USER TAXES: UNTIMELY AND UNWISE page: 12
- 'FUEL SAV-R —New Fuel Monitor From National Control Systems page: 12
- Wartsila Vasa 32 Engine In Demand For New Generation Drilling Rigs page: 12
- Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France page: 13
- General Electric To Supply Machinery Control System For Navy Destroyer Burke page: 14
- Racai Wins Contract From State Of Louisiana For Marine Simulator page: 14
- Unitor Announces Two N e w Services For Marine Refrigeration page: 15
- Pettit Paint Expands Antifoulings Market Base page: 15
- NASSCO Announces Three Key Executive Appointments page: 16
- OFFSHORE EUROPE 85 Exhibition & Conference page: 16
- INLAND WATERWAYS/ GREAT LAKES YARDS Review page: 18
- Omnipure Opens New Headquarters And Plant In Sugar Land, Texas page: 26
- Siess Will Chair NOIA's Pro-Leasing Task Force page: 26
- W i l l i am M. Lechler Joins Sumitomo Machinery Corp. page: 28
- Anderson Named President Of Raytheon Marine European Operations page: 28
- NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle page: 29
- Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary page: 29
- Great Lakes Firm Offers Extensive Inventory Of Marine Equipment Spare Parts page: 30
- Cruise Yacht Ponce De Leon Now Being Built At Marine Fabricators For Florida Gulf Coast Corporation page: 30
- NICOR And Sonat Subsea Form Gulf Joint Venture page: 32
- Hydraulic Pump Offers Up To 21,300 PSI Pressure page: 32
- McDermott Elects B a r r ow To Board Of Directors page: 34
- D i l l i n g h am M a r i t i m e Forms N e w U n i t — V a n Dawark Named Executive VP page: 34
- Heale Named President Of Oceanroutes To Succeed Snideman page: 35
- N e w Positions For Three Managers Announced By Zapata Gulf Marine page: 35
- Hudson Joins North American Towing As Special Representative page: 36
- Oil Monitor/Separator Allows Operators To Meet MARPOL 7 3 / 7 8 Ruling page: 36
- Free Brochure On Newco Marine Valves Offered By Newman's page: 37
- Bailey Technical Center Opens In Beijing, China page: 37
- Wager Announces New Diesel Exhaust Meter page: 37
- Free 32-Page Full-Color Brochure Details Hagglunds Cargo Cranes page: 37
- Luxury Cruise Liner 'Holiday' Delivered By Aalborg Shipyard page: 38
- Unaflex Introduces 'Supreme' Tapered Expansion Joints page: 38
- Carrier Transicold Donates Air Conditioning Units To Cousteau Vessel page: 38
- Management Promotions For Rigdon, Dowie & Cox Announced By Zapata page: 39
- Energy-Saving Tanker 'Manitou' Delivered By Lindenau Shipyard page: 40
- Alfa-Laval Introduces Nirex Distiller For Smaller Vessels page: 40
- Tidewater Adopts $40-Million Capital Expenditure Budget For Fiscal 1986 page: 41
- WABCO Offers Free Brochure On HelmMaster® Control Systems page: 44
- John Crane Bulletin Describes New Compact Package Seals page: 44
- Hayward Expands Duplex Basket Strainer Line page: 44
- Mark Controls Expands SD Butterfly Control Valve Line page: 45
- Shipbuilding Standards Groups Seeking Participants page: 45
- Johnson-Duramax Bearings Offer Performance Advantages page: 51
- BMEP Balancer Used To Increase Fuel Efficiency In Diesels page: 54
- System For Renovating Floors Described In N e w Brochure page: 54