Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia
Aluminum Boats, Inc., of Crown Point, La., recently delivered an 85- foot crew/utility boat, Abeer Nine (shown above), to the Barberlines Arabian Navigation & Shipping Company, Ltd. of Saudi Arabia. She is now serving offshore rigs and platforms in the Arabian Gulf from the Port of Dammam.
The all-aluminum Abeer Nine has an overall length of 85 feet with a 20-foot beam and maximum draft of 4 feet.
She is powered by two Detroit Diesel 12V71TI engines developing 510 hp each at 2,100 rpm. Her maximum speed is 25 knots and cruising speed is 21 knots.
The Abeer Nine can accommodate up to 35 persons in aircrafttype seats and has a crew quarters for five and a galley for six. She is fully air conditioned with 5 tons of Carrier air conditioning.
Her flush 20-foot by 18-foot aft deck provides 360 square feet of clear cargo space for a deck load of up to 15-long tons.
Tank capacities are 4,200 gallons fuel; 200 gallons of water; and 3,200 ballast water.
Some of her navigation and communications equipment includes: a Furuno FR-701 radar with 48-mile range; Datamarine 3000 depth sounder; Decca Sailor RF144 VHF; Motorola Triton 20 SSB; a Decca DS-5 satellite navigator; and a Sperrv SR 50 gyrocompass.
The Abeer Nine is ABS certified and complies with L^S Coast Guard and IMCO Solas requirements.
Aluminum Boats. Inc., which occupies the site of the former Camcraft, Inc., was established in 1983.
The shipyard builds a wide range of industrial and commercial craft and recently delivered a 94-foot whale watch boat to Provincetown, Mass.
Other stories from August 15, 1985 issue
- Navy Announces Homeport Sites In Gulf Coast Area page: 5
- Hunt Associates And Gladding-Hearn Collaborate On Pilot Boat Design page: 6
- Johnson-Duramax Stuffing Boxes Make Packing Changes Easier page: 6
- Versatile FPSO Manifold System Eliminates Fluid Swivels page: 7
- Consolidation Of Chevron And Gulf Fleets Announced page: 7
- Murdock Engineering Introduces New Tension System Design page: 7
- Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers page: 8
- Reagan Nominates Navy's First Space And Warfare Systems Commander page: 8
- Total Transportation Systems Acquires Kenmark page: 8
- New Navigation System From Odin Electronics page: 8
- Free Brochure On Piston And Plunger Pumps From Cat Pumps page: 9
- Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia page: 10
- Unique Controllers Operate Cargo Area HVAC System On New MPS page: 10
- Halter Delivers Rocket Booster Recovery Vessel 'Independence' page: 11
- Australia Plans To Build Diesel-Electric Submarines Of European Design page: 11
- Arnessen Offers Full-Color Brochure On Atlas-Danmark Freshwater Generators page: 11
- 'FUEL SAV-R —New Fuel Monitor From National Control Systems page: 12
- Wartsila Vasa 32 Engine In Demand For New Generation Drilling Rigs page: 12
- Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France page: 13
- Racai Wins Contract From State Of Louisiana For Marine Simulator page: 14
- Pettit Paint Expands Antifoulings Market Base page: 15
- OFFSHORE EUROPE 85 Exhibition & Conference page: 16
- NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle page: 29
- Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary page: 29
- Bailey Technical Center Opens In Beijing, China page: 37
- Wager Announces New Diesel Exhaust Meter page: 37
- Free 32-Page Full-Color Brochure Details Hagglunds Cargo Cranes page: 37
- Unaflex Introduces 'Supreme' Tapered Expansion Joints page: 38
- Carrier Transicold Donates Air Conditioning Units To Cousteau Vessel page: 38
- WABCO Offers Free Brochure On HelmMaster® Control Systems page: 44
- John Crane Bulletin Describes New Compact Package Seals page: 44
- Hayward Expands Duplex Basket Strainer Line page: 44
- Mark Controls Expands SD Butterfly Control Valve Line page: 45
- Shipbuilding Standards Groups Seeking Participants page: 45