NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle
The National Marine Electronics Association has finalized plans for its Annual Meeting, which will be held at the Westin Hotel in Seattle, Wash., October 13-15. The program will feature a variety of workshops, forums, technical papers and presentations.
As an additional attraction, Michael Reagan, son of President Reagan, will be the guest speaker for the annual awards banquet on October 15.
According to NMEA president Gerald A. Gutman, a major emphasis for this year's program will be on business planning. Business consultant Robert M. Donnelly will conduct a day-long seminar on strategic planning and budgeting basics for growing firms.
Other activities scheduled for the Annual Meeting include technical papers, equipment exhibits, board of directors' meetings and administration of CMET examinations (Certified Marine Electronics Technician).
The highlight of the three-day affair will be the NMEA Product Awards Banquet, at which guest speaker Michael Reagan, who is a well-known powerboat racer, will speak on his boat racing experiences and the role played by electronics in his profession.
The NMEA is a professional trade association of manufacturers, distributors and dealers in the marine electronics industry.
Other stories from August 15, 1985 issue
- Navy Announces Homeport Sites In Gulf Coast Area page: 5
- Hunt Associates And Gladding-Hearn Collaborate On Pilot Boat Design page: 6
- Johnson-Duramax Stuffing Boxes Make Packing Changes Easier page: 6
- Versatile FPSO Manifold System Eliminates Fluid Swivels page: 7
- Consolidation Of Chevron And Gulf Fleets Announced page: 7
- Murdock Engineering Introduces New Tension System Design page: 7
- Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers page: 8
- Reagan Nominates Navy's First Space And Warfare Systems Commander page: 8
- Total Transportation Systems Acquires Kenmark page: 8
- New Navigation System From Odin Electronics page: 8
- Free Brochure On Piston And Plunger Pumps From Cat Pumps page: 9
- Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia page: 10
- Unique Controllers Operate Cargo Area HVAC System On New MPS page: 10
- Halter Delivers Rocket Booster Recovery Vessel 'Independence' page: 11
- Australia Plans To Build Diesel-Electric Submarines Of European Design page: 11
- Arnessen Offers Full-Color Brochure On Atlas-Danmark Freshwater Generators page: 11
- 'FUEL SAV-R —New Fuel Monitor From National Control Systems page: 12
- Wartsila Vasa 32 Engine In Demand For New Generation Drilling Rigs page: 12
- Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France page: 13
- Racai Wins Contract From State Of Louisiana For Marine Simulator page: 14
- Pettit Paint Expands Antifoulings Market Base page: 15
- OFFSHORE EUROPE 85 Exhibition & Conference page: 16
- NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle page: 29
- Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary page: 29
- Bailey Technical Center Opens In Beijing, China page: 37
- Wager Announces New Diesel Exhaust Meter page: 37
- Free 32-Page Full-Color Brochure Details Hagglunds Cargo Cranes page: 37
- Unaflex Introduces 'Supreme' Tapered Expansion Joints page: 38
- Carrier Transicold Donates Air Conditioning Units To Cousteau Vessel page: 38
- WABCO Offers Free Brochure On HelmMaster® Control Systems page: 44
- John Crane Bulletin Describes New Compact Package Seals page: 44
- Hayward Expands Duplex Basket Strainer Line page: 44
- Mark Controls Expands SD Butterfly Control Valve Line page: 45
- Shipbuilding Standards Groups Seeking Participants page: 45