Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers
Jeffboat Incorporated, Jeffersonville, Ind., recently delivered the river towboat M/V Cletus (shown above) to Luhr Brothers, Inc. of Columbia, 111. Named for Cletus Whelan, vice president of Luhr Brothers, the 102-foot-long vessel has a width of 36 feet, depth of 10 feet, and normal operating draft of 7 feet 8 inches. Her hull is of 5/8-inch steel.
Two Caterpillar Model 3516 main engines, providing 1,320 hp each at 1,500 rpm, power the 84-inch (62- inch pitch) four-bladed, stainlesssteel Columbian Bronze propellers through Caterpillar 5.55:1 reduction gears. The two 100-kw, 1,200 rpm, 240-volt Lima generators are driven by Caterpillar Model 3306 engines.
Radio equipment includes Motorola Triton 20 SSB and Standard Horizon International AHF. Radar is by Sperry, searchlights by Carlisle & Finch, airhorn by Kahlenberg, deck winches by Befiee Bros., and capstan by Shoellhorn-Albrecht.
Westinghouse supplied the air compressors, and pollution equiment is FAST Unit Model LS.
The M/V Cletus, which has a retractable pilothouse, will be used in service on the lower Mississippi and Red Rivers.
Other stories from August 15, 1985 issue
- Navy Announces Homeport Sites In Gulf Coast Area page: 5
- Hunt Associates And Gladding-Hearn Collaborate On Pilot Boat Design page: 6
- Johnson-Duramax Stuffing Boxes Make Packing Changes Easier page: 6
- Versatile FPSO Manifold System Eliminates Fluid Swivels page: 7
- Consolidation Of Chevron And Gulf Fleets Announced page: 7
- Murdock Engineering Introduces New Tension System Design page: 7
- Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers page: 8
- Reagan Nominates Navy's First Space And Warfare Systems Commander page: 8
- Total Transportation Systems Acquires Kenmark page: 8
- New Navigation System From Odin Electronics page: 8
- Free Brochure On Piston And Plunger Pumps From Cat Pumps page: 9
- Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia page: 10
- Unique Controllers Operate Cargo Area HVAC System On New MPS page: 10
- Halter Delivers Rocket Booster Recovery Vessel 'Independence' page: 11
- Australia Plans To Build Diesel-Electric Submarines Of European Design page: 11
- Arnessen Offers Full-Color Brochure On Atlas-Danmark Freshwater Generators page: 11
- 'FUEL SAV-R —New Fuel Monitor From National Control Systems page: 12
- Wartsila Vasa 32 Engine In Demand For New Generation Drilling Rigs page: 12
- Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France page: 13
- Racai Wins Contract From State Of Louisiana For Marine Simulator page: 14
- Pettit Paint Expands Antifoulings Market Base page: 15
- OFFSHORE EUROPE 85 Exhibition & Conference page: 16
- NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle page: 29
- Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary page: 29
- Bailey Technical Center Opens In Beijing, China page: 37
- Wager Announces New Diesel Exhaust Meter page: 37
- Free 32-Page Full-Color Brochure Details Hagglunds Cargo Cranes page: 37
- Unaflex Introduces 'Supreme' Tapered Expansion Joints page: 38
- Carrier Transicold Donates Air Conditioning Units To Cousteau Vessel page: 38
- WABCO Offers Free Brochure On HelmMaster® Control Systems page: 44
- John Crane Bulletin Describes New Compact Package Seals page: 44
- Hayward Expands Duplex Basket Strainer Line page: 44
- Mark Controls Expands SD Butterfly Control Valve Line page: 45
- Shipbuilding Standards Groups Seeking Participants page: 45