Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France
The French Chantiers du Nord et de la Mediterranee (Normed) and the Finnish Wartsila Group have recently founded a joint venture company for manufacture of Wartsila Diesel Division's medium-speed heavy-fuel engines at Normed's La Ciotat shipyard. The new company, called Wartsila Diesel Normed SA, will manufacture Wartsila Vasatype engines for France and some other territories. The Wartsila- Normed joint venture will launch a new generation of French-made heavy-fuel engines on the market.
Production at the factory has already started and the first engines have been delivered. The joint venture company also has a large number of engines on order, among them six Wartsila Vasa 6R22 HF engines for the two wind cruisers ordered by Circle Line of US at the ACH Le Havre shipyard in France.
Wartsila Diesel Normed is the fifth Wartsila Diesel engine factory.
The other four production plants are located in Finland, Sweden and Singapore. The new company will also be supported by the worldwide sales and service network of Wartsila Diesel.
Normed was founded in 1982 after three shipyards, Chantiers de France Dunkerque (FDK), Chantiers Navals de La Ciotat (CNC) and Constructions Navales et Industrielles de la Mediterranee, (CNIM) merged. The group has three shipyards: one on the North Sea coast at Dunkirk and the others on the Mediterranean coast at La Ciotat and La Seyne.
Wartsila Diesel specializes in pur- pose-designed heavy-fuel diesel engines for propulsion and auxiliary installations on different types of vessels and also for power generation on offshore drilling rigs and in land-based installations. The Wartsila Diesel heavy-fuel engine-types are the Vasa 32 and 22HF covering an output range from 560 to 6,750 kw (760-1,980 hp) in a speed range of 720 to 1,200 rpm.
For further information on the Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture, Circle 15 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from August 15, 1985 issue
- Navy Announces Homeport Sites In Gulf Coast Area page: 5
- Hunt Associates And Gladding-Hearn Collaborate On Pilot Boat Design page: 6
- Johnson-Duramax Stuffing Boxes Make Packing Changes Easier page: 6
- Versatile FPSO Manifold System Eliminates Fluid Swivels page: 7
- Consolidation Of Chevron And Gulf Fleets Announced page: 7
- Murdock Engineering Introduces New Tension System Design page: 7
- Jeffboat Delivers River Towboat M/V Cletus To Luhr Brothers page: 8
- Reagan Nominates Navy's First Space And Warfare Systems Commander page: 8
- Total Transportation Systems Acquires Kenmark page: 8
- New Navigation System From Odin Electronics page: 8
- Free Brochure On Piston And Plunger Pumps From Cat Pumps page: 9
- Aluminum Boats, Inc. Delivers 'Abeer Nine' To Saudi Arabia page: 10
- Unique Controllers Operate Cargo Area HVAC System On New MPS page: 10
- Halter Delivers Rocket Booster Recovery Vessel 'Independence' page: 11
- Australia Plans To Build Diesel-Electric Submarines Of European Design page: 11
- Arnessen Offers Full-Color Brochure On Atlas-Danmark Freshwater Generators page: 11
- 'FUEL SAV-R —New Fuel Monitor From National Control Systems page: 12
- Wartsila Vasa 32 Engine In Demand For New Generation Drilling Rigs page: 12
- Wartsila-Normed Joint Venture To Manufacture Diesels In France page: 13
- Racai Wins Contract From State Of Louisiana For Marine Simulator page: 14
- Pettit Paint Expands Antifoulings Market Base page: 15
- OFFSHORE EUROPE 85 Exhibition & Conference page: 16
- NMEA Annual Meeting To Be Held October 13-15 In Seattle page: 29
- Manitowoc Announces Six New Personnel Additions At Manitex Subsidiary page: 29
- Bailey Technical Center Opens In Beijing, China page: 37
- Wager Announces New Diesel Exhaust Meter page: 37
- Free 32-Page Full-Color Brochure Details Hagglunds Cargo Cranes page: 37
- Unaflex Introduces 'Supreme' Tapered Expansion Joints page: 38
- Carrier Transicold Donates Air Conditioning Units To Cousteau Vessel page: 38
- WABCO Offers Free Brochure On HelmMaster® Control Systems page: 44
- John Crane Bulletin Describes New Compact Package Seals page: 44
- Hayward Expands Duplex Basket Strainer Line page: 44
- Mark Controls Expands SD Butterfly Control Valve Line page: 45
- Shipbuilding Standards Groups Seeking Participants page: 45