Kvichak Supplies Patrol Vessel
Kvichak Marine, Seattle, Wash, delivered the 54 ft. (16.4 m) all-aluminum catamaran M/V Thresher to California Fish & Game. Designed by Teknicraft of Auckland, New Zealand, the partially foil-supported catamaran will be stationed stationed in Dana Point as a Fish and Game Enforcement patrol vessel for Southern California.
Weighing approximately 28 tons fully loaded, Thresher is powered by twin Caterpillar 3196 DITA diesel engines, driving 30 in. stainless steel propellers through Twin Disc MG 5114A gears, Thresher cruises at 26 knots with a top speed of 30 knots.
With a beam of 20 ft. (6 m), the vessel's deck equipment is comprised of an aft deck A-frame to deploy and retrieve customer supplied Hurricane inflatable.
A rotating articulated crab block davit allows for the hoisting and retrieval of fishing traps and pots of a diameter up to 60 in.
Kvichak also marks its one-year anniversary at its new Seattle location.
After a seven-year search process, the company settled into its current site, which was previously owned by Flohr Metal Fabricators. The 35,000 sq. ft.
yard and offices has been instrumental in the company's expanding all-aluminum vessel line.
Circle 96 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 2000 issue
- E-Utopia? page: 6
- Offshore Climbing Higher In Oslo page: 7
- Resilient Dutch Network page: 8
- New Runners From U.K. And Japanese Stables page: 10
- FGH Finalizes $40M Contracts page: 12
- Effectively Assessing Your Risks page: 14
- Reach Higher Summit Bank page: 14
- Coflexip Stena Awarded $58 Million Contract page: 16
- Congressional Maritime Legislative Initiatives In 2000 page: 20
- Spaarneborg Premieres As First Of Stora Enso's New Series page: 23
- MacGregor Outfits Advanced KHI-Built RoRo page: 26
- Eastern Builds Research Vessel For U of M page: 27
- Kvichak Supplies Patrol Vessel page: 29
- Trimaran Demonstrator Progressing At VT page: 32
- Alstom, USN Team For Integrated Solution page: 33
- MDI: Shipyard Production Expertise page: 34
- FR. Fassmer & Co.: Keeping It In The Family page: 35
- Wet Welding Provides More Than Quick Fix page: 36
- A New Wave of Customer-Driven Offerings: The SAGA Process page: 38
- Cost-Saving Coating Approved page: 40
- Kurz Joins Hvide As CEO page: 41
- Efficient Bunker Buyers "Need to Know" page: 42
- Online Fuel Supplier Fueled By Support page: 44
- Dylon Lubricant Develops Heavy Duty Grease page: 45
- Greek Ferries: The New Business Model page: 47
- Icy Wasteland Or Shipping Utopia? page: 55
- Specialties Cornerstone of Canadian Market page: 56
- Irving Shipbuilding Appoints New President page: 58
- Autoship, PAI Join Forces page: 58
- MV Paul J. Martin Christened At Port Weller page: 59
- Construction Contract Awarded For New Z-Drive Tug page: 59
- Fleet Technology Completes Option Study page: 60