Transas Releases New Version of Engine Room Simulator
Transas commercially launched the latest version of its Engine Room Simulator. ERS 4000. The new simulator is enhanced with a number of new significant capabilities aimed at satisfying the increasing demands of users of this kind of simulation product.
The modified ERS 4000 simulator features a modern design for the dedicated hardware set with new control panels, and some essential improvements have been made to the simulator's functionality.
One of these is the new configuration for the Electric Power Plant, which now includes Steam Turbo-generator and the updated Steam Plant. The accurate mathematical ship models incorporated in the simulator have been improved and extended by the new vessel types.
Tanker LCC and Trawler. The modular structure of the ERS 4000 software allows the number of the high-quality models to easily be enlarged according to customer needs. The Instructor's module of the ERS 4000 simulator has been completely revised and enhanced with additional functionality, which makes the operation easier and more effective.
The Trainee workstations have been given a more realistic and ship-like look.
Another major improvement implemented in this new version of simulator is the 'virtual reality' engine room. The innovative 3-D Engine Room module inserted in the ERS 4000 helps users to solve such training tasks as equipment familiarization, system mnemonic diagrams and local control positions, standard operation and advanced operation including troubleshooting.
The open architecture and modular design structure of the ERS 4000 simulator has allowed for its integration with the Navi-Trainer 4000 shiphandling simulator into a sinszle interactive training environment, which opens more opportunities for different types of training.
in particular for team-training.
Circle 62 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from November 2003 issue
- EU Single-Hull Phase-Out Elicits I MO Scorn page: 10
- Costa Victoria in for a Facelift page: 11
- Sustainable Growth for Liner Shipping page: 11
- World's Biggest LNG Carrier Due in 2005 page: 12
- Shipbreaking in the Spotlight at ILO page: 14
- Signet Martime Inks Garrett Contract page: 16
- IZAR Enters Fast Ship Project page: 17
- TEN Signs Time Charter for Aframax Olympia page: 17
- Cruise Port Expenditure to Reach $300M page: 18
- At Sea with U.S. Maritime Security page: 20
- NY Navigation Channels: The Really Big Dig page: 25
- Kvichak Delivers for NY page: 28
- Vosta LMG signs U.S. contract for 18" Cutter Suction Dredge design page: 28
- Senesco Marine Christens New Drydock page: 29
- Workboat Annual 2003 • Great Boats of 2003 page: 30
- Natter Passes Command of Atlantic Fleet page: 41
- Introducing Lean Shipbuilding to U.S. Yards page: 42
- IBM PLM Offers New Shipbuilding Solutions page: 46
- Cosco Dalian Leads China Ship Repair Business page: 50
- China: Growing Influence in All Matters Maritime page: 52
- L'Orange at Marintec China 2003 page: 56
- Shiport China 2004: Set in Tune with the Shipbuilding Industry page: 57
- New Aluminum Marine Alloy Specification Developed page: 58
- InspecTech Launches Line of "Smart" Windows page: 62
- New CEO at Kvaerner Philadelphia page: 62
- Asheim Takes Helm of Hoegh Fleet page: 62
- New Potency in Electronic Control page: 68
- Research as the Building Block page: 70
- Knowledge Interchange page: 71
- Surface-Protection Symposium Set for Liibeck page: 78
- Xybernaut Gets Patent for Detecting Corrosion on Maritime Vessels page: 79
- LCS Hull Concept Tests Move Ahead page: 80
- Hypertherm Enters Laser Cutting Market page: 81
- E-Ship: The Paperless Trail page: 82
- Cradle Tweendecks Patent for Langh Ship page: 86
- Optimizing Feed Rates For Crosshead Diesels page: 88
- Benjamin Vickers: 175 Years & Counting page: 89
- Life Boats by Ernst Hatecke Make the Plunge page: 90
- Clean Seal Celebrates 25 Years page: 91
- Netherlands Vessel First With New Engine page: 92
- ONR To Evaluate SeaCoaster page: 92
- KMY Helps Breaks the Ice in Russia page: 97
- Astander Completes CSO Deep Pioneer Upgrade page: 97
- Rickmers Singapore Christened page: 97
- Transas Releases New Version of Engine Room Simulator page: 98
- Merseyside gets first UK escort tug simulator page: 98