McDermott Delivers Tug/Supply Vessel To Int'l Mooring & Marine
International Mooring & Marine, Inc. recently took delivery of a new 180-foot 3,000-horsepower tug/supply vessel from McDermott Shipyards, New Iberia Division.
The M/V Inmar Duke is the second of a four-boat package being constructed for International Mooring & Marine, Inc. and its affiliate, First Inmar of Texas, Ltd.
International Mooring & Marine, Inc., P.O. Box 1553, New Iberia, La. 70560, founded in June 1976 by Charles Mann, Harry Wilson and Wilton Helveston, primarily as an anchor-handling company f u r n i s h i n g personnel, equipment and tools for mooring offshore floating-type drilling vessels.
The company also designs and fabricates various types of o o r i n g systems. International Mooring & Marine, Inc. is also engaged in platform repair and maintenance. Another major service is the fabrication and installation of platform boat bumpers.
The company has developed its own boat bumper design and is presently applying for a patent.
In christening ceremonies for the M/V Inmar Duke, held at Simplicity is the key to the Demco packaged sewage treatment plant.
And your key to low maintenance operation that is fast, effective, reliable and economical.
Simple Low Maintenance Operation.
Raw sewage enters the plant and passes through aeration chambers by gravity. What could be more simple than that? There are no pumps or intricate mechanisms to clog or break down. Wastes are reduced by aeration and consumed by an exclusive mixture of bacteria-enzymes.
Final disinfection is by dry soluble chlorine tablets.
Fast. Special bacteria-enzymes accelerate degradation and maintain a viable biology. In a day's operation, the Demco system will process as McDermott Shipyards on June 4, 1978, Mr. Mann stated that these are the first boats of this type ever built at the Port of Iberia.
The Port of Iberia is expected to become a major Gulf Coast port due to its centralized location, proposed deepwater channel, space for expansion and natural protection from hurricanes and floodings.
much as 25% more sewage than competitive designs. Standard Demco units process from 325 to 12,500 GPD. Larger systems are available for special applications.
Effective. Demco system design treats all degradable wastes including difficult materials like paper, grease, oil, detergents and garbage processed through a disposal with impressive results. When operated using recommended procedures, Demco sewage treatment plants will remove 85-95% of BOD and suspended solids. The effluent contains a minimum chlorine residual of 1 mg./ liter and 1,000 or less coliform bacteria per 100 milliliters.
Reliable. Demco sewage treatment plants perform. Performance that Mr. Mann also stated that International Mooring & Marine, Inc. has a 190-foot, 5,000-horsepower tug/supply vessel under construction at Bourg Shipyard, Houma, La. With the delivery of this vessel in September 1978, the company will have taken delivery of five tug/supply vessels in 1978, at a total cost of approximately 13 million dollars.
Other stories from August 1978 issue
- Acetylene Gas Used To Straighten Ships' Decks page:
- Dillingham Of Guam Bids $294,000 To Repair GPA Barge Inductance page: 4
- Beliard, Crighton Opens New Drydock In Dunkirk page: 4
- Booklet Tells How To Keep Seawater Piping Systems Free Of Growth page: 4
- General Electric Gets $50-Million Gas Turbine Contract For Navy Ships page: 5
- 1,000-Foot Bulk Carrier M / V Lewis Wilson Foy Joins Bethlehem Steel's Great Lakes Fleet page: 7
- Gastech 78 LNG/LPG Conference Includes Major Paper From OPEC page: 7
- Bender To Build Fisheries Research Vessel For NOAA page: 7
- Tenn-Tom Towing Asks Title XI For Barges And Towboats page: 7
- Admiral Synnot Compliments Todd Shipyards At Launching Of Frigate For Australian Navy page: 8
- Abex/Denison Promotes W. Grimes And R. Holmes page: 8
- Congressman Murphy To Receive AOTOS Award page: 9
- Crowley Orders Two Additional Triple-Deck Barges From FMC page: 10
- International Paint Names Robert Hartley page: 10
- 1980 LNG Conference Set For Kyoto, Japan page: 10
- City Of Ponce Orders First Portainer Crane page: 10
- Blount Marine Delivers Fueling Tanker Reiss Marine To Service Great Lakes Shipping page: 11
- Use Of Helicopter To Install 18 Tank Cleaning Machines Saves Operator $37,000 And Time page: 12
- Alcoa Marine Forms New Offshore Division page: 12
- Oceaneering Int'l Names Taylor Potter page: 12
- Hoffert Marine Inc. Names Byrne Exec. VP page: 13
- A.L. Burbank And Co. Named Worldwide Agents For Fuel Savers, Inc. page: 13
- U.S. And Canadian Banks Lend $50 Million To Argentine Shipping Firm page: 14
- Dr. Wilkins Joins CDI Marine Company page: 14
- Carrington Slipways Pty. Ltd. Appoints Four Directors page: 14
- Alco Power Names Neil H. Whitehead page: 15
- Lube Oil Pump Power For Emergency page: 15
- OCEANS 78 To Feature Public Policy Issues page: 16
- Alco Power Inc. Names Richard Fuller page: 16
- Nav-Com And Simrad Co-Host Navigation Seminar page: 16
- Built By Jeffboat, Inc., The Gemini Will Transfer Bulk Materials To Ships In New Orleans Area page: 17
- Chevron Shipping Elects William Banks President page: 17
- U.S. Maritime Operations Cited For Outstanding Safety Records page: 18
- Int'l Symposium On Fracture Mechanics Proceedings Available page: 19
- British Firm Sells Survey Technique To Maritime Administration page: 20
- MTU Group Forms U.S. Subsidiary page: 20
- National Maritime Historical Society Elects Admiral Will page: 22
- Tacoma Boat Names Streb Chief Engineer page: 22
- American Society Of Naval Engineers Names Ivan Monk President page: 23
- NYC Requests Proposals For Use Of High-Speed Passenger Vessels page: 24
- Burmeister & Wain American Corporation Organizational Change page: 24
- Raytheon Marine Offers Line Of Commercial Doppler Speed Logs page: 24
- Worthington Engineered Pump Division Names Kenneth McGuckin VP page: 25
- McDermott Delivers Tug/Supply Vessel To Int'l Mooring & Marine page: 25
- Bremer Vulkan Names T.A.S.T. Corp. Exclusive U.S. Representatives page: 26
- Bird-Johnson Expands Product Line —Brochure Available page: 26
- Marine Concrete Structures Relocates Headquarters page: 26
- Southeast Asian Technical Committee Formed By ABS page: 27
- C.J. Hendry Company Announces Appointments page: 28
- San Francisco Dedicates New Ferry Terminal page: 28
- Merger Of Lykes Bros. Into LTV Corporation Approved By MSB page: 29
- Ship Performance Analyzer page: 30
- Catalog Details All BFG Industrial Hose Products page: 32
- Arctic Transportation Ltd. Commissions Research Vessel To Work For Imperial Oil page: 32
- Jakobson Shipyard Delivers Innovative Oil Skimmer Catamaran To Lagoven, C.A. page: 32
- Ocean Minerals Recovered From Floor Of Pacific By OMCO page: 33
- Maintaining Design Performance In Marine Boilers page: 34
- BSRA Confidential Report On Catamarans Can Now Be Purchased page: 35
- Newpark Shipbuilding Opens Gas-Freeing Facility In Houston page: 36
- Palmer Industries, Inc. Formed For Container Repair And Storage page: 37
- Laborde Named To Head New Orleans Office Of Marsh & McLennan, Inc. page: 37
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The M / V P.N. Ellis For Bunkering Service On the Lower Mississippi page: 37
- Cummins KT-2300-Marine Diesel Makes North American Debut page: 38
- Todd Reports Third Successive Profitable Quarter page: 39
- Harland And Wolff Ltd. And M.A.N. Enter Agreement page: 40
- Murphy Pacific Marine Salvage Promotes Madeo page: 40
- Dates Set For International Symposium On Marine Salvage page: 42
- Sulzer Diesels Power First Combined Ro/Ro Mini-Bulk Carrier On Inland Waterways Of Europe page: 42
- Middle East Liner Trades — An Economic Analysis page: 42
- Halter Marine Delivers Two Supply Boats To Tidewater page: 43
- MSC Towing Contract Awarded To Dillingham page: 43
- Ship Design Paper Attracts Wide Interest page: 44
- Cammell Laird Opens Ship Production Line page: 45
- Congressman Murphy To Address Offshore Oil Conference page: 45
- ASNE And SNAME Members Tour Long Beach Naval Yard Complex page: 46
- General Dynamics Names Lennox General Manager Quincy Shipbuilding page: 48
- Far East-Levingston Building Pipelay Barge For NPCC, Abu Dhabi page: 49
- Schottel Of America, Inc. Opens New Office And Plant page: 50