HUDSHIP Enters Export Market With Offshore Supply Vessel
Hudson Shipbuilders, Inc.
(HUDSHIP), Pascagoula, Miss., marked its entry into the foreign market with the delivery of the 112-foot offshore supply vessel Grayscout to Gray MacKenzie Company, Ltd., Marine Division, Bahrain. The vessel departed from Pascagoula recently to join the already sizeable fleet now operated by Gray MacKenzie in the Arabian Gulf.
The design is HUDSHIP's standard 112-foot utility vessel hull, with some minor modifications to the owner's particular requirements.
The house arrangement has been redesigned to accommodate 17 men in six cabins.
Harold Eckmann Named Member Of Board For Todd Shipyards Corp.
Harold A. Eckmann was elected to the board of directors of Todd Shipyards Corporation at the recent annual meeting in New York, John T. Gilbride, chairman and chief executive officer, announced.
Mr. Eckmann is chairman and chief executive officer of The Atlantic Companies, which comprise the Atlantic Mutual Insurance Company and Centennial Insurance Company. He is a director of W.R. Grace & Company, Home Life Insurance Company, and St.
Francis Hospital, and a trustee of the Greenwich Savings Bank, the Insurance Institute of America, and the Insurance Company-Supported Organizations Pension Trust.
In commenting on the election, Mr. Gilbride said: "We know our shareholders will share with us in our great fortune in having a proven executive in the insurance field, such as Mr. Eckmann, join our board. His knowledge of national and international business will be of inestimable value to the corporation.
The after deck, unchanged by the redesign, has a Scott ATO 7y2- ton crane mounted at the center line to service the entire cargo deck, which is 60 feet long and 20 feet wide. To each side of the crane are Hydradyne hydraulic winches, giving the vessel a fourpoint mooring capability.
Grayscout is powered by twin GM-Detroit Diesel Allison 16V- 92NA engines, each with a maximum continuous rating of 600 bhp at 1800 rpm, with Twin Disc 527 5:1 reduction gears. On sea trials the vessel exceeded 10 knots in a fully loaded condition and logged almost 13 knots lightly loaded. Auxiliary power is provided by two 50-kw Delco generators powered by GM-Detroit Diesel Allison 4-71 engines. Both main propulsion and auxiliary diesels were supplied by George Engine Company. Engines are monitored by a 21-point Marine Electrical Design system.
Among the special features of the Grayscout are built-in oil spill control disbursement tanks, firefighting capabilities, and a drill water supply system.
The pilothouse was arranged for maximum all-around visibility.
It houses a variety of electronic equipment including Decca 914C radar, Sperry gyrocompass with repeater, Robertson autopilot, Sailor VHF RT144AB radiotelephone and SSB T126 radio, and Epsco Seafarer 3 depth indicator.
The vessel and all its systems are built and tested to American Bureau of Shipping Rules; she is classed A-l All Ocean Service.
A sister vessel of the Grayscout, the Graysearch, is scheduled for delivery in August this year.
Other stories from August 1980 issue
- Tracor Offering Paper On Integrated Navigation Systems page: 5
- J.J. Bajor Will Head Newly Formed Keppel Marine Agencies Inc. page: 5
- Equitable Delivers Multipurpose Cargo Vessel M / V Amazonia page: 6
- Red Fox Will Build Jackup Barges At Newly Acquired Yard page: 6
- James Steadman Joins Halter Marine As VP For Special Assignments page: 6
- New Jackup Drill Rig Christened At Beaumont Yard Of Bethlehem Steel page: 8
- Patrick Keene Named Director Of Operations At Ingalls Shipbuilding page: 8
- Simrad Introduces New Trawl Echo Recorder- Literature Available page: 8
- Robert Strasser Joins MacGregor, U.S.A. As Technical Director page: 8
- Three Free Reports A v a i l a b l e From Ship Structure Committee page: 9
- Strickland Appointed Director Of Salvage For Crowley Maritime page: 9
- Bird-Johnson Appoints Richard E. McGinnis A Trustee And Director page: 9
- Halifax Shipyards Gets C$27-Million Order For Three Stern Trawlers page: 9
- Peterson Delivers Big Tuna Seiner, Launches Another page: 10
- Advanced Design Product Tanker Launched At Sun Ship page: 10
- Coast Guard Approves Butterworth Systems Oil/Water Separators page: 10
- New Bulletin Describes Improved Diesel Cylinder Liner Plating Process page: 10
- G.F. Price Appointed VP Of Lykes Bros. Marine Division page: 12
- Army Permit Clears W a y For Deep-Draft Terminal In Galveston page: 12
- Shipyard Finds Safe Product Without Sacrificing Performance page: 12
- HUDSHIP Enters Export Market With Offshore Supply Vessel page: 13
- Zapata To Acquire Offshore Services Ltd. From Trafalgar House page: 13
- Furuno Announces New Model Radar Alarm- Literature Available page: 14
- Agri-Trans Announces Five Key Promotions In Management Staff page: 14
- Improved Sales And Earnings Reported By Todd Shipyards—Has $1,5-Billion Backlog page: 15
- ITO Announces Six Promotions—R.J. Nolan Named Executive VP page: 15
- Technical Report On Sea-Shed Conversions Available From MarAd page: 15
- Ogden Equips Fleet With Satellite Navigators page: 15
- Nav-Com Relocates To Larger Quarters page: 16
- $4.7-Million Contract Awarded By U.S. Navy To Savannah Machine page: 18
- Maumenee, Roy And Snellman Promoted At Alabama Dry Dock page: 18
- Appledore And DnV To Assist In Operation Of Okpo Shipyard page: 18
- Michigan Wheel Announces Formation Of Propulsion Systems Group page: 18
- Marland Has New MSD For Smaller Vessels- Literature Available page: 20
- Waller & Associates To Provide Engineering Services For Ingram page: 20
- Two Hitachi Yards Deliver Bulker And Product Carrier page: 21
- San Francisco To Build New Fireboat Designed By Morris Guralnick page: 21
- Halter Delivered 30 Big Commercial Vessels In First Half Of 1980 page: 22
- James Rhodes Appointed Communications Director For Navidyne Corp. page: 22
- French Appointed VP-Program Support At Sun Ship—Three Other Support Posts Filled page: 23
- Dieselcare 80 Seminar Scheduled In New York October 28-29, 1980 page: 24
- B&W Yard Given Danish Gov't Guarantee For Bulk Carrier Construction page: 24
- Transoceanic Designated As U.S. Forwarder For NACAP Project page: 26
- Griff Lee, McDermott VP, Elected To National Academy Of Engineering page: 28
- James J . Murphy Named VP-Marketing For General Dynamics' Marine Group page: 28
- New Report Confirms Fuel Efficiency In All Transport Modes page: 29
- Lucander And Dowhos Form Design Association page: 29
- $278-Million Contract Awarded To Wartsila By V /O Sudoimport page: 30
- PSI Announces Contracts For ACOE Dredges page: 31
- Maritime Association Names Parkhill New President, Buckley, VP page: 31
- American Manufacturing Announces Three Sales Appointments page: 32
- Gene Ossi Establishes New Automation Firm- Brochure Available page: 32
- Trikora Lloyd Buys Three Ships At Total Cost Of $45 Million page: 32
- Michael Warren Joins Farboil As National Accounts Manager page: 32
- FMC Launches Big Deck Barge For Puget Sound Freight Lines page: 34
- Joy Manufacturing Has Literature Available On New Clutch Assembly page: 34
- Brochure Available On JLG Industries' Aerial Work Platforms page: 34
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers Towboat To Pleasants Power Station page: 34
- Dillingham Forms New Subsidiary To Operate In Gulf Coast Area page: 34
- Hydranautics Awarded BP Magnus Field Platform Contract page: 34
- Collins Elected President And General Manager Of Houston Systems Mfg. page: 34
- Multipurpose Cargo Vessel 'Sarita' Delivered By Hitachi page: 34
- Haggerty Joins APL As Managing Director Of Atlantic Region page: 35
- IHI Awarded Contract To Build Two VLCCs For Kuwait Government page: 37
- Gillen's Names Three To New Executive Posts page: 37
- Raymond To Join In Building $30-Million Yard In Malaysia page: 37
- David Jackson Appointed Vice President For Sun State Marine page: 37
- New MMC Gauging System Meets IMCO Guidelines- Literature Available page: 37
- K.J. Funk Named VP-Sales, E.F. Carrigan Sales Director For Jeffboat page: 38
- Thomas A. King Named New Superintendent Of Merchant Marine Academy page: 38
- Farrell Lines Announces Three New Appointments— Breslin To VP-Controller page: 38
- Gaston Joins Bulkfleet Marine As Manager Of Engineering Services page: 38
- C.A. Tomassoni Joins Designers & Planners In Design/Economics Post page: 39
- Garlock Introduces Asbestos-Free Packing —Literature Available page: 39
- Hamburg To Host World's First Trade Fair On Port Planning/Operations page: 39
- Three New Managers Appointed By CDI Marine Company page: 39
- Hayward Marine Products New Name For Former Mechanical Marine page: 39
- Miles Heads Barber Blue Sea Activities In North America page: 40
- First Vessel Extruded From Covered Hall At Cammell Laird page: 40
- $79-Million Jackup Rig Ordered By Nedlloyd From Hitachi Zosen page: 41
- McDermott Division Gets Two Contracts For Irish Sea Gas Projects page: 41
- Coal-Fired Marine Boilers page: 42
- Cameron Refits Drill Rig 'Western Pacesetter II' In Record-Breaking Five Days page: 42
- New Company Plans To Build Two Bulk/Container Ships At Cost Of $156 Million page: 42
- Evergreen Handt Merged Into Evergreen Marine— Hansen Named President page: 44
- Carriere Named Manager Of Lykes M&R Division In San Francisco page: 44
- German Yard Launches U.S.-Flag Trailership page: 48
- IMODCO Gets $14-Million Mooring Terminal Job Offshore Abu Dhabi page: 50
- Brochure Available On Six Operating Divisions Of Grinnell Valve page: 51
- New Zapata Tug Tows Crewboat To West Africa page: 52
- Unique Supply Lighter Launched By MARCO Seattle page: 52
- I.C. Kizilkaya And John Slager Have Joined Designers & Planners, Inc. page: 53