$13-Million, Five-Boat Contract Completed By Moss Point Marine With Delivery Of Tugs To Jordan
The Trinity Marine Group has completed a five-boat, $13-million contract with the delivery of two 106-foot docking tugs from Moss Point Marine, Inc., Escatawpa, Miss., to the Jordan Ports Corporation of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
The new tugs, Amman and Aqaba, are each 106.5 feet in length, with a 34-foot molded breadth, and 16-foot molded depth.
Each is powered by two General Motors EMD-8-645F7BA engines developing a total of 3,200 bhp driving through Reintjes VAL1850 reduction gears with a ratio of 4.454:1.
Auxiliary and ship's service power is provided by two Caterpillar 3406DITA 200-kw generators. The boats are also equipped with controllable pitch propellers inside steerable Kort nozzles.
Each tug is also equipped with four water/foam fire monitors with a capacity of 1,600 gpm, and each boat has accommodations for a crew of eight.
The tugs made the 8,000-mile trip from New Orleans to Aqaba on their own bottoms with crews provided by Morrill and Associates, New Orleans.
The boats' permanent crews are now being trained in vessel operations and maintenance by training teams supplied by Moss Point Marine, Inc.
The other vessels in the U.S. AID (Aid for International Development) contract were two 60-foot steel towboats built by Moss Point Marine, Inc., and one 50-foot steel and aluminum pilot boat built by Equitable Shipyards, Inc., New Orleans, a sister shipyard to Moss Point Marine in the Trinity Marine Group.
Other shipbuilding companies in the group are Halter Marine, Inc., Gretna Machine and Iron Works, Inc., Aluminum Boats, Inc., HBC, Inc., and Trinity-Beaumont.
For free literature detailing the facilities and capabilities of Trinity Marine Group, Circle 30 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 1990 issue
- Wartsila Diesel Announces Executive Appointments page: 10
- Chandris Celebrity's 'Horizon/ Built By Meyer Werft, Makes Her New York Debut page: 11
- Furuno Introduces New Autopilot, Compact, Lightweight Gyrocompass, And 10-Inch Color Video Sounder page: 11
- Radio Holland's Datamation: A Complete Integrated Ship Management System page: 13
- McDermott Awarded $27-Million Exxon Contract For Offshore Platform page: 13
- Avondale To Bid On Construction Of World's Largest Passenger Ship page: 14
- Singmarine Wins $16 Million Contract For New Chemical Tanker page: 15
- Hamilton Introduces Advanced Water Jet For Wide Range Of Vessels page: 16
- Halter Marine To Convert Supply Vessel For EPA Under $4.2-Million Pact page: 18
- Magnavox Introduces New Integrated GPS/Transit Satellite Navigation System page: 18
- Leevac Shipyards A w a r d ed Supply Boat Contract page: 19
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 20
- MARINE LUBRICANTS page: 28
- U.S. Coast Guard Celebrates 200 Years Of Service page: 33
- Our Third Century page: 34
- Overview Of Coast Guard's Fiscal Year 1991 Request page: 36
- Willard Marine Continues Work With U.S. Coast Guard; Introduces SOLAS-Approved 18-Foot RIB page: 42
- Bollinger Receives $73.4-Million Modification To Build USCG Patrol Boats page: 42
- Morgan Crane Receives Order For Knucklebooms For Three Corvettes page: 43
- New Navy Report Outlines Potential Submarine Threat From Third World Nations page: 44
- US Navy Homeports Select Seaward Marine Fenders page: 44
- NORSHIPCO Completes Conversion of Crane Ship (T-ACS 9) For Navy page: 45
- Tano Marine Named Single System Vendor For T-AGS 45 page: 45
- Marinette Marine Launches Its Third MCM Vessel USS Patriot (MCM-7) page: 46
- Essex Machine Works Delivers New Steel Propeller Shafts For Coast Guard's 'Eagle' page: 48
- Viking Seminar Updates Skills of Service Representatives page: 48
- Global Marine Group Changes Company Name To GMG Systems, Inc. page: 53
- Robert Allan-Designed Hydrographic Survey Vessel Delivered By Allied Shipbuilders page: 54
- Aluminum Boats Constructing 140-Foot Dinner Yacht For Chicago page: 54
- Bender Awarded $3-Million Contract For Drill Rig Repair page: 55
- Cummins Diesels Power Cruise Vessel 'America' Delivered By Marine Builders page: 56
- ZF Introduces New Series Of Economical High-Horsepower Marine Transmissions page: 56
- $13-Million, Five-Boat Contract Completed By Moss Point Marine With Delivery Of Tugs To Jordan page: 58
- Deutz MWM Diesels To Power Four Harbor Tugs For Mexico page: 58
- Atlantic Marine Awarded $12.6-Million Contract To Build Three Sternwheel Dinner Vessels page: 59
- ABB Marine To Supply $50-Million Power Package To Fincantieri page: 59
- Blount Marine Delivers 192-Foot Dinner/Excursion Boat M / V Spirit Of Boston page: 60
- Canadian Government Report And New U.S. NOAA Administrator Publish Strong Swath Endorsements page: 61
- Master Marine Completes Repair, Maintenance On USCG Island Class Patrol Boats page: 62
- Trinity Marine To Build Three 220-Foot Supply Boats Under $15-Million Contract page: 62
- MTU-Powered High-Speed Catamaran, Built To New Flying Cat Design, Delivered By Kvaerner Fjellstrand page: 63
- COMSAT Expands Its Mobile Communications To New Ocean Region page: 63
- New Paint Factory For Sigma In Amsterdam page: 64
- Allied-Signal 'Spectra Shield' Panels For Marine Vessels Offer Maximum Ballistic Protection page: 64
- Textron Marine Systems Wins $6.5-Million Contract To Build Two SES Fireboats page: 65
- Congressional Conferees Near Compromise On Double-Hull Tanker Phase-In page: 66
- New Literature Available On Coffin Mechanical Seals For Turbo Pumps page: 67
- ABB Offers Eight-Page, Full-Color Brochure On Turbochargers page: 68
- Marco Shipyard Christens Fourth North Pacific Freezer Longliner page: 68
- Versatile Pacific Shipyards Uses N e w Launching Technique For Hydrographic Survey Ship page: 69
- L&C Associates Completes Deactivation Of M / V Cape Inscription page: 70