Aluminum Boats Constructing 140-Foot Dinner Yacht For Chicago
Aluminum Boats, Inc. of Crown Point, La., is constructing an allaluminum, 140-foot, 350-passenger dinner yacht, the Anita Dee II, for Tee Dee Enterprises, Inc., which has operated smaller charter vessels in Chicago for over 12 years.
Designed by Aluminum Boats, Inc., its parent company, the Trinity Marine Group, and yacht design consultant Alfred (Jay) Coyle Jr., the Anita Dee II maximizes space on the two primary passenger decks—main and second—by eliminating stanchions or supports.
Atop is the flybridge which includes a lounge with fixed cocktail seating for 62, dance floor with bandstand, bar and promenade area. A helipad is also located on the flybridge.
Below decks, the Anita Dee II will have four staterooms, separate crew quarters, a captain's stateroom with bath, quarters and bath for two, and a changing area and lockers for the chef and waiters.
The Anita Dee II will operate in Chicago during the summer to mid- October, and in the winter from the Bahia Mar Resort and Yachting Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., from mid-November to mid-March.
As the contract called for only eight months construction time, Aluminum Boats was able to speed up construction by having the boat's hull and superstructure fabricated at Equitable Shipyards in New Orleans, a sister shipyard to Aluminum Boats, in the Trinity Marine Group.
The Anita Dee II will be 140 feet in length, with a 33-foot beam, and a 9.5-foot depth amidship. She is powered by two Caterpillar 3408TA diesel engines driving through Twin Disc reverse reduction gears, and can achieve a cruising speed of 12 knots.
For free literature on the facilities and capabilities of Aluminum Boats, Inc.
Circle 32 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from July 1990 issue
- Wartsila Diesel Announces Executive Appointments page: 10
- Chandris Celebrity's 'Horizon/ Built By Meyer Werft, Makes Her New York Debut page: 11
- Furuno Introduces New Autopilot, Compact, Lightweight Gyrocompass, And 10-Inch Color Video Sounder page: 11
- Radio Holland's Datamation: A Complete Integrated Ship Management System page: 13
- McDermott Awarded $27-Million Exxon Contract For Offshore Platform page: 13
- Avondale To Bid On Construction Of World's Largest Passenger Ship page: 14
- Singmarine Wins $16 Million Contract For New Chemical Tanker page: 15
- Hamilton Introduces Advanced Water Jet For Wide Range Of Vessels page: 16
- Halter Marine To Convert Supply Vessel For EPA Under $4.2-Million Pact page: 18
- Magnavox Introduces New Integrated GPS/Transit Satellite Navigation System page: 18
- Leevac Shipyards A w a r d ed Supply Boat Contract page: 19
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 20
- MARINE LUBRICANTS page: 28
- U.S. Coast Guard Celebrates 200 Years Of Service page: 33
- Our Third Century page: 34
- Overview Of Coast Guard's Fiscal Year 1991 Request page: 36
- Willard Marine Continues Work With U.S. Coast Guard; Introduces SOLAS-Approved 18-Foot RIB page: 42
- Bollinger Receives $73.4-Million Modification To Build USCG Patrol Boats page: 42
- Morgan Crane Receives Order For Knucklebooms For Three Corvettes page: 43
- New Navy Report Outlines Potential Submarine Threat From Third World Nations page: 44
- US Navy Homeports Select Seaward Marine Fenders page: 44
- NORSHIPCO Completes Conversion of Crane Ship (T-ACS 9) For Navy page: 45
- Tano Marine Named Single System Vendor For T-AGS 45 page: 45
- Marinette Marine Launches Its Third MCM Vessel USS Patriot (MCM-7) page: 46
- Essex Machine Works Delivers New Steel Propeller Shafts For Coast Guard's 'Eagle' page: 48
- Viking Seminar Updates Skills of Service Representatives page: 48
- Global Marine Group Changes Company Name To GMG Systems, Inc. page: 53
- Robert Allan-Designed Hydrographic Survey Vessel Delivered By Allied Shipbuilders page: 54
- Aluminum Boats Constructing 140-Foot Dinner Yacht For Chicago page: 54
- Bender Awarded $3-Million Contract For Drill Rig Repair page: 55
- Cummins Diesels Power Cruise Vessel 'America' Delivered By Marine Builders page: 56
- ZF Introduces New Series Of Economical High-Horsepower Marine Transmissions page: 56
- $13-Million, Five-Boat Contract Completed By Moss Point Marine With Delivery Of Tugs To Jordan page: 58
- Deutz MWM Diesels To Power Four Harbor Tugs For Mexico page: 58
- Atlantic Marine Awarded $12.6-Million Contract To Build Three Sternwheel Dinner Vessels page: 59
- ABB Marine To Supply $50-Million Power Package To Fincantieri page: 59
- Blount Marine Delivers 192-Foot Dinner/Excursion Boat M / V Spirit Of Boston page: 60
- Canadian Government Report And New U.S. NOAA Administrator Publish Strong Swath Endorsements page: 61
- Master Marine Completes Repair, Maintenance On USCG Island Class Patrol Boats page: 62
- Trinity Marine To Build Three 220-Foot Supply Boats Under $15-Million Contract page: 62
- MTU-Powered High-Speed Catamaran, Built To New Flying Cat Design, Delivered By Kvaerner Fjellstrand page: 63
- COMSAT Expands Its Mobile Communications To New Ocean Region page: 63
- New Paint Factory For Sigma In Amsterdam page: 64
- Allied-Signal 'Spectra Shield' Panels For Marine Vessels Offer Maximum Ballistic Protection page: 64
- Textron Marine Systems Wins $6.5-Million Contract To Build Two SES Fireboats page: 65
- Congressional Conferees Near Compromise On Double-Hull Tanker Phase-In page: 66
- New Literature Available On Coffin Mechanical Seals For Turbo Pumps page: 67
- ABB Offers Eight-Page, Full-Color Brochure On Turbochargers page: 68
- Marco Shipyard Christens Fourth North Pacific Freezer Longliner page: 68
- Versatile Pacific Shipyards Uses N e w Launching Technique For Hydrographic Survey Ship page: 69
- L&C Associates Completes Deactivation Of M / V Cape Inscription page: 70