Wartsila Diesel Announces Executive Appointments
Wartsila Diesel, Chestertown, Md., recently announced the following executive appointments: Clas-Eirik Strand has been appointed president of Wartsila Diesel, Inc., the North American subsidiary of Wartsila Diesel International Ltd., of Helsinki, Finland.
He will manage all Wartsila Diesel activities in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean Basin, from the new company headquarters in Chestertown, Md.
Mr. Strand has been with Wartsila Diesel since 1975, and most recently served as vice president of Wartsila Diesel in Finland. He continues as head of their international management team responsible for diesel power plants worldwide.
Jeffrey W. Eckel has joined Wartsila Diesel as vice president and chief financial officer. Mr. Eckel has a background in investment banking and management consulting to the United States electric power industry. His experience in third-party financing, leasing, and merger and acquisition financing will be of great value in obtaining and structuring appropriate financing for projects that include Wartsila Diesel engines.
Torsten J. Astrom has been appointed vice president-power systems.
He will be responsible for all land-based power systems and pow- Karl Yannes er plant activities in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean Basin.
Mr. Astrom has held a variety of sales and marketing positions within Wartsila Diesel since joining the company in 1980.
Daniel Kabel has been appointed vice president-diesel service.
He will be responsible for product support and service for North America, Central America, and the Caribbean Basin. The five regional service offices will report to Mr. Kabel at the company's headquarters in Chestertown.
Mr. Kabel, a graduate of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, is a member of the Wartsila Diesel international management team responsible for diesel service.
Karl Yannes has been appointed vice president-marine engines for Wartsila Diesel, Inc. Mr.
Yannes, who will also be located in Chestertown, will be responsible for all Wartsila Diesel marine marketing activities in North Amnerica, Central America, and the Caribbean Basin.
Mr. Yannes, a 1977 graduate of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, has held a variety of marketing and sales positions at Wartsila Diesel since joining the company in 1983.
Other stories from July 1990 issue
- Wartsila Diesel Announces Executive Appointments page: 10
- Chandris Celebrity's 'Horizon/ Built By Meyer Werft, Makes Her New York Debut page: 11
- Furuno Introduces New Autopilot, Compact, Lightweight Gyrocompass, And 10-Inch Color Video Sounder page: 11
- Radio Holland's Datamation: A Complete Integrated Ship Management System page: 13
- McDermott Awarded $27-Million Exxon Contract For Offshore Platform page: 13
- Avondale To Bid On Construction Of World's Largest Passenger Ship page: 14
- Singmarine Wins $16 Million Contract For New Chemical Tanker page: 15
- Hamilton Introduces Advanced Water Jet For Wide Range Of Vessels page: 16
- Halter Marine To Convert Supply Vessel For EPA Under $4.2-Million Pact page: 18
- Magnavox Introduces New Integrated GPS/Transit Satellite Navigation System page: 18
- Leevac Shipyards A w a r d ed Supply Boat Contract page: 19
- DIESEL POWER REVIEW page: 20
- MARINE LUBRICANTS page: 28
- U.S. Coast Guard Celebrates 200 Years Of Service page: 33
- Our Third Century page: 34
- Overview Of Coast Guard's Fiscal Year 1991 Request page: 36
- Willard Marine Continues Work With U.S. Coast Guard; Introduces SOLAS-Approved 18-Foot RIB page: 42
- Bollinger Receives $73.4-Million Modification To Build USCG Patrol Boats page: 42
- Morgan Crane Receives Order For Knucklebooms For Three Corvettes page: 43
- New Navy Report Outlines Potential Submarine Threat From Third World Nations page: 44
- US Navy Homeports Select Seaward Marine Fenders page: 44
- NORSHIPCO Completes Conversion of Crane Ship (T-ACS 9) For Navy page: 45
- Tano Marine Named Single System Vendor For T-AGS 45 page: 45
- Marinette Marine Launches Its Third MCM Vessel USS Patriot (MCM-7) page: 46
- Essex Machine Works Delivers New Steel Propeller Shafts For Coast Guard's 'Eagle' page: 48
- Viking Seminar Updates Skills of Service Representatives page: 48
- Global Marine Group Changes Company Name To GMG Systems, Inc. page: 53
- Robert Allan-Designed Hydrographic Survey Vessel Delivered By Allied Shipbuilders page: 54
- Aluminum Boats Constructing 140-Foot Dinner Yacht For Chicago page: 54
- Bender Awarded $3-Million Contract For Drill Rig Repair page: 55
- Cummins Diesels Power Cruise Vessel 'America' Delivered By Marine Builders page: 56
- ZF Introduces New Series Of Economical High-Horsepower Marine Transmissions page: 56
- $13-Million, Five-Boat Contract Completed By Moss Point Marine With Delivery Of Tugs To Jordan page: 58
- Deutz MWM Diesels To Power Four Harbor Tugs For Mexico page: 58
- Atlantic Marine Awarded $12.6-Million Contract To Build Three Sternwheel Dinner Vessels page: 59
- ABB Marine To Supply $50-Million Power Package To Fincantieri page: 59
- Blount Marine Delivers 192-Foot Dinner/Excursion Boat M / V Spirit Of Boston page: 60
- Canadian Government Report And New U.S. NOAA Administrator Publish Strong Swath Endorsements page: 61
- Master Marine Completes Repair, Maintenance On USCG Island Class Patrol Boats page: 62
- Trinity Marine To Build Three 220-Foot Supply Boats Under $15-Million Contract page: 62
- MTU-Powered High-Speed Catamaran, Built To New Flying Cat Design, Delivered By Kvaerner Fjellstrand page: 63
- COMSAT Expands Its Mobile Communications To New Ocean Region page: 63
- New Paint Factory For Sigma In Amsterdam page: 64
- Allied-Signal 'Spectra Shield' Panels For Marine Vessels Offer Maximum Ballistic Protection page: 64
- Textron Marine Systems Wins $6.5-Million Contract To Build Two SES Fireboats page: 65
- Congressional Conferees Near Compromise On Double-Hull Tanker Phase-In page: 66
- New Literature Available On Coffin Mechanical Seals For Turbo Pumps page: 67
- ABB Offers Eight-Page, Full-Color Brochure On Turbochargers page: 68
- Marco Shipyard Christens Fourth North Pacific Freezer Longliner page: 68
- Versatile Pacific Shipyards Uses N e w Launching Technique For Hydrographic Survey Ship page: 69
- L&C Associates Completes Deactivation Of M / V Cape Inscription page: 70